Western Playoffs 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mogilny, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Two interesting results today as Memphis beats San Antonio and New Orleans beats Los Angeles. Impressive statline by Paul who had 33 points, 7 rebounds, 14 assists and 4 steals.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The local Laker announcers and beat reporters are in shock....they expected a sweep.... Remember Phil is 48-0 when his team wins game one of any play off series and Kobe and Fisher were 27-0.

Does not mean they won't comeback and win, but these guys have been struggling the past 2 weeks and if they don't wake up they could find themselves down 2 going back to New Orleans. Thinking this will be their wakeup call and they will probably still win the series especially with Aaron Gray going down. His injury will really hurt the Hornets chances of upsetting the Lakers as he held in Paul Gasoft in check today. Based on some accounts, Gray's ankle injury may be enough to keep him out for the rest of the series/season. Let's hope not....

Lakers normally have problems with swift little guards and CP3 said don't forget me...I am still better than D Rose:sssh:
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm pulling for the Spurs but they have their hands full with the Grizz.
  4. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm rooting for the Spurs too because of Dice.
  5. LA Dre

I am hoping that one of the lower seeds gets to the finals so that the so called experts can shut their mouths and Kobe, Dirk and Duncan sit at home like the rest of us in May and June. Lets go Denver, Memphis, New Orleans or Portland.

OK, I would not mine if the Thunder went to the finals either.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What's that huge motor I hear?? hmmm...OH, that would be the sound of the Hornets trucking the Lakers!
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd be happy with seeing either Denver or OKC make it to the Finals. I really like the Perkins move and can't believe that Boston did that.
  8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I almost had a great evening. Lakers losing and Celtics almost losing. The best thing for the NBA is if Lakers, Celtics and Heat do not get to finals.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Lovin' Memphis. What a day of basketball. It felt like I was watching a different sport after watching the Pistons play.
  10. LA Dre

:thumb:like!
  11. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Record low Finals ratings could help with a lockout looming. :sssh:
  12. Mogilny

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The interview w/ Chris Paul was really good. That kid is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Although I don't think that they'll win the series, I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes 6-7 games.

San Antonio will dispatch Memphis in 5. Book it.

The Nuggets-Thunder series is likely going to be the most entertaining series of the entire playoffs.
  14. Walter

Kobe is mad at Pau

Kobe challenges Gasol after Game 1 loss - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Also, bizarre ending to the 2nd quarter (around 00:20 mark):
    2011 NBA Playoffs | Hornets vs. Lakers | Western Conference First Round | NBA.com
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Dallas wins the first game in the series with Portland. So they send Crawford to officiate tonights 2nd game.

With Dallas's current owner, the team is 38-21 overall in the playoffs in games without Crawford.

With Dallas's current owner, the team is 2-16 in games in which Crawford has officiated...

Gotta wonder with numbers like that...:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:
  16. Walter

Well, make that 3-16. Peja remembered why he's getting paid and went 8/13 from the field including 5 from long range at 50%.

The most amazing part of this series though is the play of Jason Kidd. He's probably playing his best basketball of late. In these two games, he's averaging 21 pts on 64% shooting (56% from 3pt land, connecting 9), 6 assists and 4.5 boards.
  17. Mogilny

I have to say the playoffs so far has been pretty entertaining. Alot of close games, upsets and stars being stars. I hope NO can take another one tonight but I doubt it.
  18. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

At no point in this series has San Antonio looked like the #1 seed, or even the superior team. The Spurs will win Game 2 but they had to work for it. Home court definitely helped them get almost every close call in the 2nd half.

The Grizzlies can absolutely win this series. They match-up beautifully with San Antonio. Their size will cause problems all series. It's a weakness that's going to eventually get the Spurs eliminated in these playoffs.

Really impressed how the Grizzlies absorbed every punch the Spurs threw. Every single one. Even with the hometown announcers and crowd desperate to will the team to pull away.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I doubt the players could hear the announcers, but I agree with everything else you said. I :inlove: these Grizzlies. They had numerous chances to lay down last night and never did.

They got a little of everything, they're deep and they're resilient. They are the polar opposite of the Pistons.
  20. LA Dre

Memphis in six....

Spurs to slow, old and those grizzly hands took every ball they could from the Spurs...

to bad Memphis and Oklahoma are in the same bracket and cannot play in the WCF and make David Stern mad.