What Happened To Sheed?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

What's worse, Ben's free throws or Sheed's tech's??
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sheed has lost a step for the last couple years... his mobility is way down from the 04 season... what's worse is poor anticipation... he's simply not rotating on time.... Last year we could blame the ankle sprain... It looks more like lack of effort.
    On the techs he's gonna have to find a new way to chanel his anger... I would recommend scratching his arse for every bad call... everyone can pick up on it but they can't toss him for an itch.... him getting tossed is cheating the fans and the org... we deserve better for 12M.
  3. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

There is no sugar coating this if Sheed gives the Pistons nothing the Pistons will be in a lot of trouble. I was so upset last night at him becasue he always fights a losing battle with the refs.

Sheed needs to filter that emotion to the game not the refs. I hate that he cost this team the first game with that and he needs to just play.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The real unknown question is if he had not got tossed, do you think the Pistons could have eventually overcome the deficit and come back to win? He was dogging it in the first half, so do you think he would have turned it on in the 4th and crucial quarter.:sssh:
  5. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Good question, but there is no getting around it if Sheed gives something the game could have been different. He is going to continue to fight a losing battle with the refs.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What has been consistent with Sheed is his inconsistenacy... if you can't predict a certain amount of production then you might as well go with a younger player because he'll give you the same roller coaster production... If this continues (not just basing this on one game) then we should just trade Sheed for an expiring contract and a pick... that could set the team up for a big FA signing.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

HOOPSWORLD.com | Andrade: Open Season on Wallace?

8. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

who are the refs to show up???

fans come to the games to see the players not the refs. i hate the idea of all powerful refs and commish. i think the players should decide the games the league is too involved in outcomes. i watched in disgust as wade showed emotion and argued with refs and recieved no tech. for those of you that support this rule have some common sense and understand that it won't be a nba wide rule it will be the superstars get to talk and the bad guys/ average players get techs.
  9. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

At last! A post from bball-jay that I completely agree with!

Them refs need to get some thicker skin..fo sho!
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Good point bball... Sheed is obviously going to be on the hit list... this is the refs chance to get back at Sheed for years of verbal abuse... no more repercussions for them to worry about.
    I hope the Pistons are compiling video of other players yapping more than Sheed without receiving a tech.
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That's like saying a real man stays quiet when he's being mistreated, but a coward speaks up for himself.

c'mon. They never address the issue of these incompetent (with some of these calls they are either incompetent or biased) officials or bother to make their disciplinary actions public knowledge...two acts which would eliminate 75 to 80% of the complaints in this sport.
  12. max

max All-Star

Thursday night game. Carmello got tossed with 8mins to go in the 3rd quarter for his 2nd tech when he tossed his headband after disagreeing with a call.

He is on my fantasy team so this really blows.
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Carmelo just got ejected from his home opener. I didn't see the first tech but the second one he didn't like a call and threw his headband off onto the floor. Ejected.

An intriguing idea. What if Stern's darlings all got ejected regularly? What if Wade and LeBron got ejected once a week? If The Big Darling Three couldn 't contain themselves and keet getting thrown out of the game.

I think it is the most powerful contribution they could make to The New NBA.

None of the superstars of the past could meet this standard either. What about Isiah slamming the floor with his arm five times in a row? What about Michael Jordan? This is ridiculous. They are ruining the game.
  14. max

max All-Star

It can't last. I think thats why the coaches seem so calm afterward. They know its just something temporary.

Fans don't pay to see the refs toss out the players.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly. They're going hardcore right now to set the tone. Once the players get used to it it'll slow down. I think the refs will also start letting more stuff go as the season moves on.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

its total crap. the only thing worse than shooting a bajillion free throws is shooting a bajillion technical free throws. i like the idea of curbing all the complaining but the implementation of the rule is whacked.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The first tech call on Carmello was pretty weak.
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

so was the second. he tossed his headband in frustration ... it wasn't to show up the ref.
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

:gaah: <-------Technical Foul!
    :rockon: <-------Technical Foul!

:swear2: <-------Technical Foul!
    :loser: <-------Technical Foul!

:ohwell: <---------NBA approved behavior
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Stern's lil plan is backfiring... the Sheed rule is not being endorsed by the media... marquee players are being ejected on national TV and costing teams games (Denver lost by 1 point). What happens in the playoffs in game 7 when Wade or Bron get ejected?
    The owners aren't gonna just stand by and watch their teams playoff hopes ride on the sensitivity of the refs.
    This thinned skinned crap has to stop... If the ref can't handle a shoulder shrug or a player mildly stating his case then he should go work for the D-league.
    It's also inconsistent... several players have said negative things and have not been tossed... what is this... an ejection lottery or something?
    Give the players the right to express themselves with reasonable limits.