What Happens if Pistons Don`t win Title?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Apr 30, 2006.

1. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

KG KG KG. But instead of Sheed+Rip, how about Chauncey+Sheed. We'll have to pickup a PG.

Flip is gone, probably out of the league for a few years, unless some scrubs like atlanta or portland want him, but he'll have a fat check from mr davidson. We need another John Daly. Our turnover rate is sick. Maybe we can clone Jim Leyland.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I think I'm starting already!!:( :laser: :second:
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and my family in Cleveland, who already Ohio State's me to death, will drown me!! I will go in seclusion.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i will add that if they don't get out of the second round i will be upset at the large amount of $ i spent on the team this year only to see them get ganked
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have a nice navy blue polo shirt with the Pistons logo on it that I ordered with my automotion calender. I was saving it to wear in June to show off after the Pistons won the ship. if they don't win and i put it on, people will remind me that the Pistons choked!!:P :hurt:
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I will be going to work shortly. I talk, walk, eat and live Piston basketball at my job, and everyone knows it. I have people (men and women alike) from my work who watch basketball because of me. They don`t even like the game. And now this.

I thought about calling out but that will only prolong the obvious. I should take it today, then if the unthinkable happens Friday I will have the weekend for the blow to soften by Monday.

Maybe I should go to work and play sick, naw, those folk are relentless.

I don`t know about anyone else but Im still as mad now as I was after the game. I got phone calls last night after the game from people I haven`t spoken to in months.

Is this stuff happening to anyone else?

Ok, I have decided to call out, just kidding I am going to work. Iam a man, I can take it.......................:pout:
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In some way, I know whatr you're talking about- my friends no the entire Pistons roster although they aren't interested in NBA basketball since Jordan's gone from the Bulls and it's very difficult to see games over here.
    I tell them about the past games, about Sheed's quotes, a block by Ben, a 3 b Billups, about Dyess jumping like in the old days, Hunter improving his jumper, Fino not playing enough though he's good and so on. I take them to the pub to watch games with me and explain every players bio to them so they sometimes feel I'm a freakin' nerd. I'm not. I'm a fan for years now and this transformation from a loser- team to an average team to a 2nd round seed to the ship made me excited. Right now, they're transforming from the hunters into the hunted- if they fail to win it all, not even reaching the finals, Joe D's gonna make some serious adjustments, since this team seems like they've been staying together for too long. I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't resign Ben and gets a hungry vet (maybe KG- who knows?).
    EDIT: I know, I should stop that whining in every thread :-)
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If we've learned one thing... it's to not give up on this bunch...
    The shoe has changed feet... Cleveland is giddy and overconfident.... I think the pressure is on them... as they know they can't afford to go back to Detroit....
    The Pistons are past the bravado... it's all about execution now... let's hope they don't get executed :^)
    At this point I think our hopes rest on Sheed's ankle.. we can't afford a half Sheed with their mobile 4's.
    Time to zip it and rip it.

afer last night I woke up this morning with no running water... if the well guy doesn't show up there will be another Amish drive by shooting in Clare.

And if they happen to lose Friday, maybe I'll introduce myself to the family.... maybe go camping or fishing... ah, who am I kidding... let's pull up the salaries... the Knicks could use a big mouthed PF :^)
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Y'all need to give up on KG.

He's not the MVP anymore. His knee's not so good, his contract is heavily bloated, and he's not a free agent. You have to actually trade talent to get him. A big ol' chunk because we don't have a lot of high priced talent. Like a 2 fer 1.

If the Pistons don't win the title, this will go down as the biggest choke job in NBA history. At this point, they might not escape the second round, let alone the conference finals.

There is always hope, but don't kid yourselves. We won't get a single call in a wild arena Friday. The fans in Cleveland have surpassed the Detroit fans' intensity.

Playing with fire. You will eventually get burnt. Joe will have a busier summer than I have planned for PF.com.
  10. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Nothing. We will all be pissed and depressed for a while. Then there will be the off-season trades and hopefully a better next season. Joe, the team and coach will learn from this experience. Humble-pie doesn't taste good.
  11. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

I say that we already are looking too much like the Timberwolves with Flops coaching, the last thing we need is a total conversion to the Minny Model.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, I don't know about that. The Lakers in 1990 won 63 games, best record in the league, only to go down 4-1 in the second round to Phoenix. The '73 Celtics won 68 games without winning the title, the most wins ever by a team that didn't win it all. They lost in the conference finals to the Knicks, obviously not a shameful team to lose to, but the Celtics dropped Game 7 at home by 16. But...yeah. Not winning the title would be bad enough, but losing to Cleveland would be right up (or down) there with the most choke-eriffic playoff losses of all time.

Although...given the already stratospheric heights of Lebron hype, if the Pistons lose this series, it'll probably be remembered years from now as the series where the young Lebron averaged 50 pts, 20 boards, and 20 dimes against a heroic Pistons team that was playing at a dominant 'ship-level throughout the entire series. Few sports fans (and even fewer sportswriters) will be able to process the nuance of "yeah, Lebron was great, but the Pistons collapsed." Hell, I wouldn't expect that to be remembered two weeks from now (if the Pistons lose to them), much less 10 or 20 years from now.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The coaches job is to get the team prepared for open looks... the players need to convert.... I dunno... seems like a little of both going on.
    The T.O's could be due to spacing issues or opponents familiarity of the plays (coaching adjustments)... or too much one on one.

We really need to force more t.o.'s... the more easy ops the more relaxed these guys can get with their shots....

The thing we've got going for us is the Cavs youth... can they keep playing t.o. free ball.. something needs to be done to disrupt their offense.. maybe turn Hunter & Delk loose on the trap game.
    Status qou ain't gonna get it done.
  14. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons still have a good shot at winning against the Cavs, although it is a tough job. If they do, will it take too much out of them to beat Miami? Who knows!!

But if it does not come to pass, I hope they will at least show more class than my favorite all-time team, the Bad Boys, showed against the Bulls.

Walking off the floor without acknowledging the Bulls victory showed no sportsmanship at all. As Joe was the only one to shake hands, I have the feeling that in the event the 'Stones do not move on, they will have better manners.
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Get Al Harrington & Speedy Claxton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebrows: