What is it with Game 3's?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by anakin, May 13, 2006.

1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Why can't the Pistons ever put a team away? They have a history of blowing Game 3's when there is no apparent reason. They were well rested and know that this is the playoffs. Too much "we know what we got to do" and too little execution. Fans will get enough excitement when they are in the Finals. Put the lesser teams away and close out the series for god's sake! Not speaking from panic, just irritated that they seem to go into these games willing themselves to underperform.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Anakin I think we all are confused about game 3`s. I called it in an earlier post and I believe this will happen througout the playoffs, unfortunately.

After a couple of wins, especially at home, the focus, energy and effort seems to be left at home or wherever game 2 was played.

The energy and focus will be back in game 4, and the series will be over in 5 games. The same thing will happen against Miami in the ECF.

My condolences for all those that took NJ in that series. Miami and Detroit in the ECF. Dallas and the Suns in the West.

My brackets are looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I can't tell you what it is. Lord knows I wish I could.

All I've ever been able to conclude is that the "never too high, never too low" makeup of this team is cast in stone. They always stay loose, even when you'd rather they come out breathing fire, and the same attitude that keeps any one guy from trying to do too much also keeps them from kicking ass when it's called for.

Guess it's for the best if you judge by results, but there sure are times when I'd love to see Isiah out there grabbing somebody by the throat.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

game 3s are just like the pistons team in games. like the ones that can let big leads slip away. they get away from what works and instead of playing to win, they play not to lose. you can draw the same parallels imo.
  5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i think i read its now 10 of the last 11 games 3's on the road the pistons have lost
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is unacceptable. Cleveland didn't even play well. They played a drag it out defensive game, and the Pistons folded their tents in the 4th quarter.

I'm not feeling very Zen about the Pistons right now. They aren't Going to Work anymore. They don't play with pride every game. They don't play suffocating defense (even if the #s indicate otherwise, the good Lord blessed me with two working eyes), and they don't seem to have a lot of passion.

I can't remember a championship team being this arrogant since the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. And we know how that turned out.

The first quarter of Game 4 should be very telling.
  7. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I see the game 3 thing being the same as the fact that this Pistons team never seems to put their foot on the gas when they've got a 10-15 point lead. They get comfortable and stop trying. It's probably this team's biggest weakness.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What is it with Game 4s?

New thread?
  9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I'd rather they don't start making a new trend with Game 4's. So I vigoriusly vote NO to your GAME 4 thread proposal :)
  10. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

What is it with game 4s?
  11. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

What is it with Game 5's?
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thank god for game 6's and 7's?!?!?!?! :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr