What is Tayshaun's going rate?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Zoso, Sep 7, 2005.

?

Is Tayshaun Prince worthy of a 5 year $45-50 million dollar contract?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Not sure

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The thing is, he is not worth 60 mil on this team. A team that needs a super star should pay him that much to leave Detroit. Being on a cchampionship calibre team, having great team mates and a great coach is worth more than money to some folks. I remember Billups being on one of the late night TV shows after Detroit won the ring. He was saying that his pay check didn't get any bigger. So, every one feels that a ring should bring them more money compared to players who are getting them big buck and have no rings. Well, if things don't work out Detroit could always trade Tay for Rose. I said if things don't work out!!!!!!!!
  2. max

max All-Star

Agents

DarthTater - I suspect his agent is influencing. Every so often there is a bad contract given out like the Bucks giving Simmons 47mil over 5 yrs and here comes Tay's agent using that as an example.

The bucks also gave Tim Thomas around 12mil/season a few years ago.

Kind of puts a chink in Dumars system of signing a bunch of mid-contract guys rather than a couple of max contract superstars. But if Tay wants a max contract then Dumars may as well sign a superstar instead if any are avail.

Tay is not a superstar and he never will be an all-star.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm confident we'll resign him as well, but I don't agree with Parker that:

"Whatever the eventual price tag, Prince is worth it." and "In the end, it will probably take something close to a king's ransom to keep Prince. Nonetheless, it would be worth every penny."

Prince is a valuable part of this team, but he isn't irreplaceable. That's the beauty of this team, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe D. has built up this team on players who all are paid below their potential wort- paying Tayshaun, as Parker assumes, anything would destroy the whole concept.
    Besides, I'm pretty sure Joe D. would find someone who could fill up the hole Tayshaun leaves, maybe someone who has not the same, but different qualities for the mix.
    btw, I remember Prince saying that he, coming outta Cali, doesn't like the climate in Detroit.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince

I think that you have to pay him enough to keep him. What ever that is. He's smart, durable, and equally good on O and D. Plus, he's a good teammate and has the humbleness of a Piston. ... and young. I think that Ben is the hardest to replace with TaShaun a close 2nd.

If we would have won back to back, nobody would be questioning this.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Man we only have less than a week to sign him. I wasn't worried at all before but now.... im not so sure.