What kind of player will Darko be...now that the Pistons aren't blocking his hog

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Feb 16, 2006.

?

What kind og playa will the Darko be?

1. Dominant Big-they're gonna need a bigger house-20p 10r 5a 3b 2s

30.3%
  2. Solid Big-12p 5r 10a 3b 1s

39.4%
  3. Weak Big-8p 4r 4a 3b 1s

27.3%
  4. Punk-he breaks his ankle and lays up all season

3.0%
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We of the Darko has great talent fan club vs. the hater club led by Hat.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Re: What kind of player will Darko be...now that the Pistons aren't blocking his hog.

He'll be wildly inconsistent. I think he'll do great. He'll show some post moves and sweet passes. He'll also brick as many long J's as he hits. He'll be their Prince.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: What kind of player will Darko be...now that the Pistons aren't blocking his hog.

Jim Rome just said the Pistons sucked the life out of Darko and it may take a while for him to get his head right. I said that 1.5 yr ago. It will be interesting to see if the Magic play to his "wants" or try to break him.
    P.S. don't mess with a hard headed Cancer. Day head be concrete.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think it will take Darko a bit of time to get comfortable again, but he'll have a nice career.

Orlando will let him play. He'll take his lumps on the court and learn to play through his mistakes. Something he wasn't given the opportunity to do here.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

there is going to be one more trade unless the orginization will be willing to play alex acker.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know about the 10 assists part of it. But 10 points/ game shouldn't be too difficult in 30 minutes of play.

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Against weak teams with soft interior D, Darko should be able to get 15 points and 3 or 4 assists. (As far as rebounds, I think I might be able to outrebound Darko)

Against teams with a strong front line, I predict that Darko folds like oragami, and Howard has to work extra hard.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I think so too. :nod:

He'll do alright. I think he'll be inconsistent.

And when he does have a nice game, man, are we gonna hear about it.:lalala:

I think he is going to start right away. They have nothing to lose. He cost them a draft choice, but unlike the Pistons, their team stinks. They can experiment. They should just throw him in there. Act like "We love you Darko & you're our man no matter what". Don't put any pressure on him & don't make him earn anything. Then after the season they can sign him to a nice contract, or kick him to the curb and save themselves millions of dollars and hundreds of headaches.

9. Slippy

The only thing I DON'T want to hear is after 5 forgetable games, Jack comes back to tell us "I told you so." on his one big night.

10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Orlando will play Darko 30 mpg this year. The Orlando coaches are saying that all Darko needs is a chance. They will do whatever it takes to get Darko motivated playing, and allow him to play through his mistakes this year.

My prediction, Darko will be up and down until he gets some conditioning and learns how to play with Dwight. I expect a few monster games and a bunch of horrific games.

Before the year is done, Darko will get at least:
    One Triple Double (Blocks/Assts, Points, and Rebounds)
    One 10 block game
    One 10 turnover game
    FIVE over 20, and Five under 5 points in a game
    And a bunch of ESPN highlight/posterized shots

And he'll average 12 pts, 6 reb, 5 assts, 4 blocks, and 3 steals a game (BTW, Battie, the man Darko is replacing in the lineup is avg 8 pts, 6 rebs, and 1 block per game)

11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Diddly squat this year.:spy:

Weak big man for next two years.:ballchain

Breaks out (relatively speaking) season after next, his contract year.:clock:

At least he has a chance to play. I wonder how bball fans in Orl will take to him. They know what a "ready-to-play" 20 year old big man looks like.:fingerscr

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thats a pretty good scenario. Nice job.

My question is, If Darko plays 30 minutes per, how many games does he foul out of the rest of the season?

13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

linwood
    Darko ain't foulin out! You gotta be in the paint to collect fouls. Darko's gonna hang out at the 3pt line and show off his outside shot. They got Howard for the paint.

14. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Darko will go the way of most finess players. Only as good as his jumper on any given day. LB tried to give him something to fallback on but Darko would have none of it.

15. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Hey, but it's OKAY for you guys to tell me all about SHEED's ONE OR TWO BIG games against the SPURS while he struggles to stop guys like Zach Randolph, Pau Gasol, Ike Diogu, Chris Bosh or whatever other young PF that decides to tear Sheed a new one?

Or to act like Sheed shooting 1-11 on 3pt FGA's is OK just because the Pistons other 4 guys carried him that night? Or that he has 2X as many 3pt FGAs as he does FTAs? It's OK to criticize Darko for everything under the sun, but Sheed is off-limits because he tries 1 out of every 3 games?

God forbid, I actually wish Darko well as a Piston. Now that he is a member of the MAGIC, I still wish him well and believe that the Pistons completely mishandled him.

16. Slippy

No its not ok. But what does Sheed have to do with Darko?

Did you listen to the Joe Dumars audio about the trade? I thought it was cool. It gave me a different perspective over the situation. Add that to the ESPN insider piece and it looked like a bad fit all around. I wish we gave darko the opportunity to develop. As it is, I think we'll be talking darko in the same way we talk about memo and mike james. Dumars said it was Sheed and Dyess that made Darko's situation impossible but I think it was LB. I think the addition of sheed and Dyess made it very difficult but LB really put it out of reach for him.

In the end though, turning into an all-star on a crappy team doesn't help the pistons at all.

Hey so does this mean igor is out of a job?

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The difference is that Sheed has already proven himself and has many more good nights than bad. Slippy was stating that IF Darko should have one good night after several bad nights then he didn't want to hear about it.

Relax man, he was kidding around. :) We're all friends here. If you know slippy, you know that he is a big Darko fan. He defends him regularly.

18. Slippy

yeah man, this ain't mlive:laugh: .

We admire your enthusiasm. Just sometimes...not all of it. :director:
    besides Tater might be a darko hater but he picked him up on his fantasy basketball team and is betting his season on him.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If you read some of the media quotes, Darko said he likes to assist. He's a team player. And should have been fine in LBs pass happy scheme. If he has his way and is able to set up his 'mates he'll get double digit assists. And if his mates aint looking for the ball they'll get hit in the head with it, turns. He'll score way more than BBen [11 total pts for Darko] and assist more than BBen and block more than BBen. He won't rebound as well. Steals and fouls about even. If we woulda let him come off the bench with Mo and Fino we would be baddddd!
    ...Check Magic ticket sales for standing room only.
    ...I'm pullin' the race card on the Pistons. They wouldn't let him break the color bar. But hey, we got a very tight group.

20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I' been in the Darko HOF Fan Club. I am still in the Darko has great talent club. I think he's capable of scoring about 16ppg at an FG% of 45%, about 6-7 RPG and 1.5 BPG. Next year may be deceiving for him if he becomes HOF or another decent big.