What realistic moves would you like the Pistons to pursue?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mark V, Nov 19, 2013.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He's r
    He's restricted. The only way to get him is to overpay for him. I also have reservations about Spurs, I think a lot of those guys are products of a great system.
    dba and roscoe36 like this.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons are the worst defensive team in the L.

I feel like their more than one player away from changing that.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
    linwood likes this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Demarr DeRozan is the good version of Rodney Stuckey.
  4. Kerghan

Kerghan First Round Draft Pick

I guess the question is what is wrong with the team and what type of players do you want to bring in to fix it?

If you want to space the floor and improve the D then surely you want 3&D type players which are painfully expensive in the current NBA.

On top of that most GM's aren't as stupid as they used to be so getting those types isn't going to come cheap hence likely having to give up either picks (which we don't have) or one of our best players, Greg Monroe.

It's probably best to stick with this squad at least until the deadline, if its still struggling then, maybe you can justify a big move.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I can actually ride this team out for the entire season. If we don't make the playoffs, or the ugliness continues....then proceed accordingly.
    linwood likes this.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'd like to think that we are one Sheed-like trade away from contending.
    Susie914 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. Let's take the season to see what we have. If Monroe isn't bringing us wins, then we should be able to sign him for a reasonable contract, and take that Stuckey, CV money and get an impact player in free agency.

I don't think we are one Sheed type trade away from a Championship, but I do think the Pistons are improved and on the right track.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  8. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Personally, I would find ways to keep Monroe. I don't think the front court is costing us wins, it's more of the lackluster play in the backcourt cause we're actually dominating the paint in terms of offense. I think we can get something decent for Stuckey/CV's expiring contracts. If not, I would go all out to get Gordon Hayward from free agency.

We also have to consider having enough money to re-sign Andre Drummond once his deal is up. That could be a lot of money.... Although, wouldn't J. Smoove's contract be over at the same time we have to sign Drummond?
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we should trade for an expiring contract so that we have more money to bolster our roster. Oh wait, we already have that. So since we're about 1/10th of the way through the season with a reworked roster and a new coach, I think we should see how this thing plays out. We're not one move away.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Our players have to mesh and our coach has to look at the glaring weaknesses.
    I'd like to see better defense and more defensive rebounds. A closer would also be nice.
    With that said...I'm not sure we're as close as people think.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By "contending", you mean making the playoffs?
    linwood likes this.
  12. max

max All-Star

I expected a rough start for the 1st 20-30 games - Need to give it some time. This is not a veteran team that has played together for years. Brand new PG and he was even out with that injury which costed us a lot of chemistry time. Just need everyone back playing for 20 games and a lot of things will take care of itself.
  13. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

What happened to the Stuckey/Villanueva trade for Butler and a pick?
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It would have to be a lottery pick. The Pistons don't just give away assets.
  15. Walter

You are a total buzzkill with all your logic-y posts.
    linwood likes this.
  16. Walter

Here's another scenario. Assuming Portland wets the bed this year, we could send Moose + expiring contract or picks to Portland for LMA. Neither can play defense, but Aldridge at least has a respectable jumper. It would be sort of a lateral move in that we'd still be committed to a big lineup that features Smith at the 3. Why would Portland do this? That I have no answer for.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LMA > Monroe

But it doesn't solve the too many bigs problem.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

I love this idea! LMA is a badass. Portland might do it because they would get younger. Aldridge is 28 now, which means he would be 36 before the Blazers could contend, well past his prime. Moose on the other hand would only be 29 and at the peak of his powers. Get it done, Joe!
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ummm.... The Blazers are pretty good this year. Can't imagine that happening. I just think we need an upgrade over Kyle Singler, that player is a very important piece to our rotation. We need that player to be an offensive threat and a reliable defender. A guy like Jeff Green would be ideal. Maybe a deal where we send some cap relief to Boston in exchange for Green could get Boston to bite. My First offer would be Jonas, Singler and CV for Green and Lee. My final offer (out of desperation) would be Jonas, Singler and CV for Green and Wallace's horrific contract.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  20. Walter

There was a rumor on Yahoo! sports today about a possible trade between Boston and NY. Apparently Boston offered Wallace and Courtney Lee for Amare. NY countered with Amare for Wallace & Humphries. All rumors at this point.
    New York Knicks Should Make Rumored Amar'e Stoudemire Trade With Boston Celtics - Yahoo Sports

But, if this is true, then Boston is trying to dump contracts. So it wouldn't be impossible to get Green & Lee for Jonas/Singler/CV like you proposed. From Boston's perspective, it's hell of a better deal than inheriting Amare's boat anchor of a contract.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.