What the? Can Q really be this clueless?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Walter, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I was getting my daily dose of koolade from KL: PISTONS: Campaign Season

But instead of phasing into a pychadelic state with a big grin on my face, I kept getting angrier and angrier.

Why on earth would you play your guards out of position IF YOU ARE MISSING THREE GUARDS? Arrrrggghhhh! Early foul trouble. That was CV and Monroe. You still have Prince, Daye, Summers, Maxiell and Wallace up front. You only have three guards though. Grrrrr...

How many more attempts at this BS lineup is needed for Q to realize that THIS DOESN'T WORK? Aaaaaaarrrrrghghhh..:yellowprison:
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure Q deserves the credit for assembling a guard dominated team that can't dribble, pass or shoot all that well.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Speaking of the coach, he is coaching tonight. Can't be around to listen even to this one. At college tonight. So everyone please really do good on the recaps. I of course particularly need all the dirt on the coach and how he messes up. See yall later. Oh, and how all the young guys do.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sounds mysterious. Who are you working for?
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Don tkn oww hat yat alk en bou t
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If your roster is 80% PG then you can expect 80% of your starters to be PG.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What if your roster is 0% PG?
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Then Kareem is your coach...
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

or SG...
  10. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

This is so sad.
  11. BillLaimbeer

What is sad? Injuries have pretty much dictated the lineups for the preseason. Coach Kuester really goes to work on Wednesday.
  12. Brap

Brap Starter

Yeah, I don't get the sadness either. I like watching teams on the rise, a category I definitely place the Pistons in. We get to watch really young guys like Daye start to take off this year. We'll get some glimpses of the future when Monroe, all of 20 years old plays. We'll get to watch Stuckey - and start to see if he's the answer at PG or whether he's going to settle into a permanent role as a combo guard. JJ will be back at some point, and throw in Gordon and maybe CV or a surprise like Summers and this could be enjoyable even though there's a really good chance that we'll be inconsistent this season, especially on D.

Within the next year and 1/2 I think we'll see the Pistons trading off veterans like Tay, Rip and McGrady for pieces to the puzzle or just to create cap room so we can sign pieces to the puzzle. We'll get to see and speculate as to who the team leaders will be for the next 5 or 6 years as Tay and Rip are phased out and Ben Wallace winds up what is rightfully a hall of fame career.

We'll get to speculate on the 2011 draft looking to see if we can find a monster power player.

The most fun I ever had was watching the rise of the bad-boys and the years right after we got Chauncey and started to see the bright light at the end of the tunnel. I think we have enough of the pieces in place and enough assets to say that we're on that path again, albeit at the beginning of that path. I'm really good with that. Beats the heck out of following a team that we know has no future.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

well said Brap, the reason I prefer the Bad Boy years to the 04 group is that we watched them step up the ladder step by step getting better step by step, always thought the 04 team won to early to fast.... if they had lost that first championship and if Brown hadn't been the mental case that he is.... that they could have run off 2-3 champtionships after that last hurdle had been overcome.

This team has lots of pieces to the puzzle and lots of pieces that can either become pieces to the puzzle or traded for those pieces. with the patience of fans today after we lost in 87 or 88 fans would be demanding Daley fired, Isiah traded and the whole thing blown up....

Sit back folks and enjoy a team being formed.... very seldom is it made overnight.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I REFUSE to sit back and just enjoy the ride.......where's the fun in that? The fun is arguing with you guys, playing fantasy GM and formulating trades that will never happen, watching draft boards, screaming at the coach through the TV...etc etc......the victory is only as good as the frustration that it took to get there.
  15. BillLaimbeer

Just imagine how good the Lions winning a Super Bowl will be....
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Armageddon ...... the apocalypse .....the end of mankind as we know it,
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Well said. It is so much more fun to watch a rising team than a we-win-it-every-season-team. I'm a fan of the swedish hockey club HV71 (the one you all heard of right?) and during the 90s they were a really crappy team who had two playoffs during their history or something but they started getting better and better and in 95 they won their first swedish championship ever. It was so awesome I couldn't describe it. Since 2004 they have been in almost every final and won three golds and I'm almost starting to lose interest even though it is my local team. They just keep winning. There is nothing like a club on the rise imo.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Isn't HV71 the swine flu?
  19. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Ok, gimme your adress and I'm on my way to "talk" some sense into you! I've become immune against the HIV jokes over time but the swine flu is just taking it one step to far.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

HV71 is not even close to H1N1.

By the way, the 71 refers to 1971.