1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

What Will Joe & Curry Look To Assess During The Summer League Games

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jul 11, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

1. I believe that both Joe & Curry will be looking at the PG position to ascertain whether or not Stuckey can lead a team for 30-35 minutes a night. They will also look closely at his ability to penetrate, find the open man, defense and maturity level in running a team.

2. They will also be looking at Will Bynum as a possible 2nd or 3rd guard. Curry loves this guy. If they have an inclination that Bynum could be a suitable backup for Stucky, a PG will be traded, you can do the math on that one.

3. They will be observing Afflalo very closely, his defense is money in the bank, I think they want him to work on perimeter shooting, I already think they have Afflalo penciled in as a tweener playing as the backup for Rip and sometimes playing the sf depending on matchups.

4. Can Samb fit in the rotation? This will be another question that may be answered during the summer league. According to Curry and Joe, he can shoot the lights out from outside, he can block, defend and alter shots. I think they will be looking to get maybe 10-12 minutes a game from Samb. With his work ethic and gym rat mentality, it may come to fruition. I realize that he is playing against sub-par talent in the summer league, but truth be told, he held his own during the regular season when he was thrown n the fray (please see Lakers game).

5. Can Amir crack the starting rotation??? pencil AJ in at PF for now. If he has bulked up as stated by Langlois over at detroitpistons.com., I can see Amir in the starting lineup and it's only July, 3 more months before pre-season. Assessment time for Amir, his level of play will defintely be on display during these summer games.

6. Walter Sharpe, I think they really want to assess to see what he can bring to the table, will he spend some time in the developmental league??? We thought 4 year player Afflalo would spend time there also, last season, it didn't happen especially after he showed off in the summer league. I think that their thoughts are that Sharpe will do the same thing, I surely hope so.

7. Someone over at detnews forum mentioned an aspect of all this trade talk that I never really thought about.....looking at the Carmelo trade story, Joe may wait until after the olympics.

8. Afterall, a lot of superstars and teams best players are in the olympics. A trade involving Tayshaun may not be announced until after the Olympics so as not to cause any friction amongst players on the Olympic team.

9. Please read between the lines and think outside the box as you read the latest article on detroitpistons.com. An excerpt states that Joe asked Rasheed about Samb and his long distance shooting touch. Sheed responded that he thought that Samb would beat him when they have their shootout contests during the upcoming season. Just a tidbit, but it seems to me that Sheed isn't going anywhere soon.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You read my mind AG. I was just about to post this article . . .

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't hold back!

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't sure if it deserved a "Rasheed isn't going anywhere" thread, so I restrained from starting one.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rasheed's skill set is the most difficult to replace. He's such a tease, as a GM you're afraid to let him go because you always think that this season will be different and you'll get the REAL RASHEED. It's like a person who stays in a bad relationship, you just keep holding on........

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Fortunately, Joe finally figured it out after the Boston series and took care of business a couple days later.

Sheed ain't going anywhere and will retire a Piston.

8. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

I heard that Rasheed might retire after this season did any of you hear that yet?