What's wrong with Chauncey?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, May 24, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Word. Roscoe has a memory like a steel trap.
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I remember Arroyo killing Miami in every game he played, both on the break and in the halfcourt.

Now, that's about the only opponent he played that well against, but he would be an option at the very least, especially when Chauncey is doing much the same.
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Should the Pistons play a half-court game? They weren't a half court team in the regular season. The Cavs forced the half-court tempo on them and Pistons couldn't open things up.

The offense needs to get in gear with transition plays.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Pistons were a half-court team all season long, who played at a very slow pace. The Cavaliers forced the pace even slower, but Detroit wasn't a fastbreaking team by any means and won't be one for as long as Chauncey Billups is the point guard here.
  5. anakin

The team had regular success in tranistion and played an uptempo game compared to previous seasons. I wouldn't characterize their game as a half-court unless you are comparing it to fast break teams like the Suns or Mavs.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Transition offense is totally geared off of defense.

They have to stay active, keep men in front of them, rebound, cause deflections and make timely blocks.

The transition offense will come.
  7. anakin

Agree.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think Chauncey has been worse either since he messed up his hammy against the Lakers, but he hasn't played as well since Arroyo was traded...:frusty: Chauncey is the best at letting the game come to him and he's just not playing well. I'm still not going to sit here and believe he won't do great the rest of the playoffs. In Game 6 at Cleveland he was playing another terrible game and when we were up by 2 he hits the craziest shot to keep the Cavs from getting a whole lot of momenum. If he missed that shot we might of been fishing. Come on CB.
  9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i forgot all about that. chauncey did become really good after arroyo came. he started picking up the assist totals and taking care of the ball better. i think it may have had something to do with someone on the bench to push him.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I hope that 3rd quater last night helps him. Because he kept trying to score. There is no reason I can think of that could explain why Chauncey ids doing bad against Jason Williams of all people. Ben and Tay had big slumps this season. Sheed and Rip also had some minor slumps, but it sucks to see Chauncey have it happen to him right now. I do hope its only a slump because if it is it should be ending soon.
  11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

The Professor said it about the team but it applies to CB just as appropriately. He / they are reconstructing their game a piece at a time (from the Clevland series).

I would love to see CB adopt a Jordan move of taking two quick steps using one dribble to get around the foul line for a J. He is such a good FT shooter a J from there would be automatic.
  12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think CB has a serious case of bigheaditis. He was overwhelmingly chosen by Coach K to be the man leading the show at the Olympics.

He even gave him the first year off to be with his wife who is expecting.

Chauncey has been in the news as a potential MVP candidate for the past 3 months.

Chauncey feels that he can turn his game on and off any time he choses.

Chauncey feels that the team will go no where without his leadership and playmaking abilities.

Chauncey feels that if all of a sudden the pistons start winning in dramatic fashion and if he is running the offense as in the past; then everyone will see that it is Chauncey "Big Shot Billups" who should be MVP. "can't you see that my team needs me Billups".

Chauncey is arrogant to the umph degree.

I don't believe he is hurt.
  13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

When it does I hope someone other than CB is leading it. Unless his 3 ball is falling!
  14. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes lemon! there were several moments in the last game when he freed himself up at the elbow for a jumper and either 1) dished out or 2) distorted his own shot by trying to draw the foul. he can definitely get that shot just about anytime he wants and he'd make it if he would just let himself take it. and i believe it would force their bigs to come out and meet him at the line, leading to easy dishes inside to ben, sheed, dyess, or to others cutting to the hoop like tay or rip.
  15. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

whell he came alive today with 32 points watch out Heat.:eyebrows:
  16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

But his "bigheaditis", as armygirl puts it, was even worse than before. I might go so far as to say that it was the worst I've ever seen him play in a game he's shot that well in.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I wish I was as confident as you.:Cry:(I'm not really crying).
  18. Pistons_1337

Pistons_1337 Second Round Draft Pick

Hang in there we will win, last year I all most cryed about the 7 games we did with Miami lol I will not this year Lets go Pistons we " Going to Work Going to Work" Detroit Pistons Goooing to Workkkk" :eyebrows::eyebrows:
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We've done it so many times I know. I'm sick of these must win games now. (Watch I'll be saying I love these games if the Pistons win tommorow.)
  20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Watching the photo gallery and games on TV, CB looks like 5 to 8 pounds heavier than 2004 season. I though it matters.