1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

What's wrong?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, May 16, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey doesn't look good at all. Was I the only one sitting their thinking "When is Chauncey going to do it?" Well he never did. Chauncey has played 1 good game this postseason, and he needs to take Game 5 into his control.
    Ben didn't have a Ben Wallace night either. Ben nees to take Lebron out of the paint. As for the other Wallace if his ankle heals up I'm not too worried i'm sure he'll me good in Game 5.
    As for Rip he had a great game...if only he didn't miss that 2 foot bunny:doh:. What I'm really angry about is Tayshaun. He scored more than half the time, and when we were down by 5 he dunked and hit a 3 which tied the game. I understand we want him to have energy to gaurd Lebron, but it will wear on Lebron if we use tay almost every time on offense. Mo Evans is playing great so if he needs a couple more minutes of rest to be very good on offense and defense I don't care. He's the only starter who can consistantly find ways to score for us if the jumpshot isn't falling and we didn't use him. I don't know why Tay doesn't get the ball more than he does.

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Flip hates Euros. And skinny guys.

Seriously, though, I have no idea. I can't figure out why the Pistons won't work in the paint. The jumpshots are cool and everything, but you gotta have both if you want to win in the playoffs, and so far, all I see are jumpshots.

Where are the backdoor cuts, the 'oops, and the screens for Rip? :confused:

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I hate to keep harping on HCA, but it seems that the Pistons only bring their A game at home. That`s fine but it`s not like they cant drop one of these home games, and if they do there could be trouble.

CB is looking like a shell of himself from the regular season. Some of those 3`s in game 4 were God-awful!:P Anoter I noticed when Tay had some success posting the Cav`s started doubling him, when he passed out of the double team to CB, instead of attcking the basket or passing to find the open man to beat the defensive rotation he just stood still and let the defense reset.

Bench play is found wanting at the moment also. Where was Dyess? I thought he wanted this championship? He has been a beast lately, however, this is not the time to dissappear! I think he will rebound as well as everyone else at The Palace.

They better!

4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Tayshaun was 6-15. I thought he's been a disaster the last few games on both ends of the floor. He's the only starter who's consistently willing to try to exploit smaller players in the post, but he can't pass out of double teams, so he's an opportunistic scorer at best.

As for Chauncey, Eric Snow owns him. I wouldn't expect any big games from Billups for the rest of this series - although I would appreciate it if somebody noticed when Damon Jones was "guarding" him.

Ben was decent yesterday, but he's been so inconsistent in terms of effort and impact this season that I have no idea what to expect from him.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Arrogance! They thought after the big blowout of game 1 that they could waltz through these next 3 games and oops now we have a series.

We are keeping Labron under wraps in the first half and letting him control the game in the 4th. If we played smart, then we would be up 15-20 by the 4th and not have La Bron in position to take over the last 10 minutes of the game. Tay should be attacking the rim and getting King james in foul trouble and limiting his effectiveness in crunch time. Will the refs cooperate? that is another story.

CB is still not playing his game and we don't know if Sheed will be any better than 90% the rest of the series. CB has to make the decision if he is going to shoot or if he is going to pass to the hot player. TO's are the key and passes have to be crisp not zazy. All three point attempts by the Cavs have to be challenged and Varejo has to be knocked on his umpf to put the fear in him.

Bottomline if we win all of our home games, we are the champions:nod:

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Your pretty stupid if you think snow is better than Chauncey Billups.

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I have no idea why you think that I said Eric Snow is better than Chauncey Billups, but the bottom line is that Snow has, throughout his career, been able to guard Chauncey extremely well. He takes away most of Chauncey's higher-percentage shots, and baits Chauncey into taking progressively worse shots and flopping. He's one of the few players in the NBA who can consistently get into Chauncey's head.

And it would be nice if Chauncey could try to do something about those layups Snow's getting.

8. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Chauncey hasn't impressed me in the postseason since 2004. He has a couple good games, but he hasn't been an MVP by any stretch. For a guy that is so full of himself, he seems to shrivel away lately. I will give him credit for drawing fouls when we need them though. Twice so far in the playoffs we couldn't make a damn thing and he drives and goes to the line like 10 times in just a few minutes.

This team is so full of themselves I wonder if it is good for us in the long run. I think we can all agree that a team this arrogant CANNOT compete for 3-4 years that everyone thinks. Maybe we need a shakeup, regardless if we win the championship, to keep our edge. Then again splitting up "the best 5 alive" may kill it completely.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think the shorter turn around for game 5 will help the Pistons. They've had a lot of time between games so far, and for a team that already has a hard time staying focused and not taking their opponent lightly, long stretches between games only compounds the problem.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sorry I miss read you :doh:. Sorry about that.:frusty:

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well now that chauncey's head should be deflated a bit, i predict he focuses and has a quality game 5 and carries that through and we win in 6 games.

12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

you all are wrong about chauncey. if his head is deflated i wish someone would pump it back up. i think chauncey needs to shoot much more often. he waits too late to go for his. i think rip and chauncey need to carry us offensively through the rest of this series. watch how he plays on the home court when mason calls out his name.

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah Chauncey is not taking advantage of Snow he is a total of 16-43 this series.

14. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Chauncey Billups, stalling the offensive flow. I think there was too much praise hyped on him.

I hope he settles down, get humble, get little real quick so he can get back to helping his team.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What's Wrong man where do I start:
    (1) Flip's has a philosophy of feed the hot hand, so now we have a 1 pass and shoot offense. Great for the regular season, bad for playoffs.
    The "play the right way" philosophy was to share the ball on each possession and make the defense liable for guarding all five positions every night. We used to have games where we had 6 players in double figures where no one player took over 15 shots in a game. When that team racked up asssists in a game it was because the ball was really moving on offense. This team gets assists when CB passes to Sheed for a 3 or CB to rip off of a curl, these assists are not the result of fluid ball movement from a team perspective, which is why Ben is so pissed. When we play like a 5 man unit and get away from this 2 man game or iso BS, good ball movement will get Ben about 10-12 ppg, we were able to shoot a low fg% and still win because the ball moving made the defense move which got us alot of offense rebs and 2nd chance pts (ala feast for Ben). Now we're close to last in the league in rebounding, Utah owned this season because they kicked our tails on the boards, and they kicked our tails......This team is not as tough as they used to be. Last season Rip and Tay avg more assists and Rebs per game, both are significantly down this season and they are becoming more one dimensional. I think Merc said it best one day, Goin' To Work......Naw we've went from hard hats with lunch pails and thermos' to, fancy suits with laptops and Cappucinos.[​IMG]

16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I think you're describing the Bucks series, so it's not like this ideal game left with Larry years ago. But I do agree that our players are shying away from getting their hands dirty. (Be nice if one of our guards actually rebounded. Ben isn't blameless there, either.) Chauncey has to force the pace of the game from the outset and keep the pedal down, and we need more guys cutting without the ball instead of spotting up or getting caught in double-teams (that means you, Tay). If the Pistons think they can wait until the last 8 minutes and roll over LeBron and the refs, they deserve to lose.

17. Mrcina

Mrcina First Round Draft Pick

Faces 1:
    I was in love with this team's chemistry - was this the reason, why Delfino's sad face in the middle of glory in previous 6 victories was so irritating for me? He is not a bad player, Saunders could give him some minutes during these games if not for other reason, then just to vipe that sad look from his face.
    I've always felt you're talking too much about him and Darko and Arroyo on this forum, but now I see Delfino's face multiplying on the bench during last two games... A karmic punishment like Sheed's ankle?

Faces 2:
    I can't withstand looking at faces of players and I hate antipatic skillfull players like Bryant, Ginobili, Parker, Jordan, itd. On the other hand, one of the reasons for falling in love with this Pistons team was feeling, I could have a beer (or 6) with just about everybody...
    I was already starting to hate Lebron for his Jordan-like behaviour, then I've found his statement on Detnews page today: 'They are a great basketball team and we are becoming a pretty good one.'
    Modest?... Bluff? If 1st, it is just fitting very well in the picture of modest, aware of their limitations, hardworking team... I find it (looking at faces again) somehow not easy to hate say - Marshall or Varejao or Ilgauskas or...Brown?
    And Pistons are lacking some killer instinct (among other things) right now...

"We have been in this situation before," said Tayshaun Prince. "We know what to do. We feel like we can make it happen."
    Since I'm from Slovenia, it's my first opportunity to watch all playoff games before finals, but I'm afraid it is not the same (Nets 04, Heat 05) situation and I would like to be wrong... but Heat in finals would be 10x more wrong.

18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

@Mrcina
    you're situation is pretty familiar to mine (especially the watch playoffs- thing- ok, at least I was able to see some games in the last 2 playoff series) and this team is different. In this series, the Cavs have taken their role and the Pistons are searching for their identity.