Where do the pistons bench rank?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by boozy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

I love our bench now that dice is back on it. I think he should only back up Tay though and let Kwambe back up sheed. Max to back up Rip, AA backing up A.I. and Bynum backing up stuckey sounds pretty good to me. Weakest link there being Max but what can you do. He needs to develop his ten foot shot anyways. Then you can stick Amir in here somewhere because I think he can handle everything but Point honestly.

I rank them number 2 behind Lakers

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

If they were played right? near the top. but with starters getting 40+ mins a game? not much chance for a bench to succeed

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Probably the best way to look at it would be to ask what benches out there would we be happy swapping for ours.

I'll have to think about it. None come to mind immediately.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I am sick of people coming in here and bashing our Detroit Pistons. Amir could easily run the point if needed!!! He might already be the 2nd best PG in Piston history behing Lindsay Hunter. There is nothing he can't do on the court.

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Celtics. Powe, Davis, Allen and I guess House.

Portland has a nice bench also. It has velvet cushions and is said to be soft yet supportive at the same time. Come to think of it it is the Amir Johnson of benches, it does it all.

6. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

I love the Zoo Crew but Mike needs to learn and understand how to use them. I don't about Amir running the point but he's one heck of a player and deserves more burn along with Kwame. Max might be undersized and he might be a little off this season but he's still a beast. I like your post Boozy, only thing about it is I wouldn't have Max back up Rip. That's kinda dangerous, I like AA at that position cause he has some great defense.
    P.S. Ignore Ernie, he's a little slow. :laugh:

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I see maybe you are not a Max fan. Well, I just reviewed the Washington game. Seems any time we were building a lead, Jason Maxiell was on the floor. Sheed subbed for him in the 2nd, after we had a 10 point lead. When the quarter ended, we were still up 10.

In the fourth quarter, we went up 6, with Maxiell in the game, before Sheed replaced JMAX. Yes, we did well the rest of the game, but that was the 2nd lead JMAX helped get, and people don't want to seem to give him any credit for. Further, I have reviewed all these past few wins, and guess who I see out there everytime we are doing well? Jason Maxiell. Jason has been as big a part of our current win streak as anyone.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sounds all quite reasonable, except our current starting unit should not even exist.

By Rip moving to the bench, it gives us:

Stuckey, AI, Prince, Amir, Sheed to start games.

and

Bynum, Rip, Afflalo, JMAX, Kwame (or Dyess)s for a 2nd unit.

Now, that as our bench? I'd rank tops in the league. The one Curry is playing, not using Kwame or Amir, and Bynum either in the last game, just so so. A three man bench is not enough.

All we used last game was Jason and Dyess off the bench, with Afflalo playing very little actually. Might as well call it a two man bench, and one of them is a 34 year old. Thats no bench, that is fairly pathetic. Makes even Saunders look acceptable, and thats not a good thing.

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Co-signed!

...hater.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Piston bench has potential, but they have been inconsistent because they don't get enough PT and a couple of them have had their skills and growth stunted due to management and coaching. I don't know where to rank them at this point, but not sure would even rank them in the top five let alone number 2...:(

11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Lets not get carried away and overrate our bench.

I think we are Top 5. Obvious better ones including Lakers, Boston, Portland (best backup center in the game pushes them up, and i'm being serious...lol)

Utah when the team is healthy. Millsap is so much better than Max this year that it ain't right.

12. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

I mean backing up rip the forward not rip the shooting guard.

And Lee356, I actually love Max as I have said in some other threads. I am simply saying that if he was to play small forward then he needs to tighten up his mid range jumper. Which he is working on, I'll give him credit for. He also plays pretty good defense too. Alot of people think AA is the king of D or something. While he is good, I don't see his blocking skills being any better than Max, Dice, or Sheeds. I don't see his stealing any better than A.I.'s, Stuckeys, or Bynums.

13. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Can't really rate our bench right now. They still need more time together and MC needs to move either Rip or AI to the bench. I figure that ten posters here would give 10 different starting lineups. That also affects our bench and how it is viewed. i could answer this question better in [STRIKE]January[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]February[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]March[/STRIKE] April...

14. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Oh ok I got ya!