where does we rank in the east

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Jul 4, 2009.

1. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

with the moves we made and the roster as is where does we rank in the east
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Very Very Low
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Im waiting until a coach is hired and the trades go down.
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Hard to say with no coach and the roster still incomplete. Right now I think we are better talent wise, but not better to the point where it translates into more wins. I don't see this team as contructed being any better in the key areas needed to win. Rebounding and team defense have not been addressed. This is still a 7th,8th or 9th seed team.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Yep.
    :hoops:
  6. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

It's too early to talk about this, right now I think this team would have about the same record as last year, but I'm sure we'll see some trades and maybe more FA signings as well.
    I would say we are in good shape right now, both BG and CV are sure to make an impact and coach clueless will not be on the sideline next season.
  7. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Have to wait until Joe finishes. The big dept. is still fluid. But the team is on its way back from the edge of the lottery and an inevitable fall into the abyss.

Here's what Joe has done.

1) Gone from an old team with little chemistry left to one of the youngest (with skilled) teams in the league.

2) Pulled the plug on the low draft picks (Amir and co.) Gordon and Charlie are both high picks who are already skilled.

3) Can he bring in Chandler or another big or both?

4) Does Rip get dealt?

The answers to questions 3 and 4 will determine where the Pistons stand next year. The team is half loaded now but could wind up fully loaded.
  8. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Ditto. The answers to question 3 & 4 is yes (3) and no(4). Chandler is a talented big that can go get it for sure. I can't see Joe signing anyone else unless he really wants David Lee. Joe will probably deal Rip next year; if we don't do so good in the playoffs again this year then you can expect Rip to be shipped outta her but I think Joe wants to see how Rip/Gordon is going to work. If it doesn'twork by the first half of the season then Rip will be somewhere else.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

If no more moves are made (unlikely), I'd say the 6th or 7th seed in the east. You have to remember that we got rid of two negatives... Iverson and Curry; we replaced them with two positives in Gordon and Villanueva.

We will improve from this season, no doubt. But how much so? Let's wait and see what other moves Dumars makes this summer (besides hiring a HC).
  10. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Definitely too early to tell. We still have one more free agent signing left and/or a trade to bolster the rotation.

I'm guessing we are either going to re-sign McDyess or make another Kwame Brownish signing like Channing Frye, Brandon Bass, Glen Davis, Melvin Ely, Chris Wilcox, or Ike Diogu.

If we sign one of the players above and get a coach who can utilize everyone's skills- talent wise I think the team could be a 5th or 6th seed.
  11. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

We'll only know when the season starts. We had one of the most talented squads in the NBA with AI but it didn't translate to wins.
  12. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

Kind of idealistic to say that we are better than the cavs, magic, or celtics. The east is so pitiful though that means we are competing for home-court advantage in the first round.

League wide we are probably better than most of the western conference outside of L.A., Denver, and Texas.

We have an interesting accumulation of swing players and unless we are trying to put together a team to compete in the gus macker 3 on 3 tournament, most of those can never hope to see the playing time unless Dumars can move them for some size down low.

More depth at the post means we can compete with the front court heavy teams in the NBA elite. We won't be able to dominate among the elite until our young players develop.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree it is to early to rank this or any team on how it will do next season other than the teams that went to the finals or conference finals with their changes..won't be able to evaluate the rest of the teams who had multiple changes until they display their final hands prior to training camp... and the Pistons definitely are a team that has multiple changes to review over the course of the summer.

We still need a coach, need to evaluate the rookies to see who can actually get PT next season and need 2 more players to fill out the final roster.
  14. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

Like everyone is saying it's to early to say something,becouse on papper we don't look better than the TOP10 teams by record that where last season.When the season starts then we can rank our team.I would be very happy,if Pistons would finish 4-5 next season and everyone could say that we can win the championship,but we need fewadjustments
  15. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

as of this particular moment, we is not good
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

At the moment, we are in Pacers-Bucks-Nets category. I'm guessing Raptors, Wizards and Bobcats will do much better next season, so as constructed, we're 11th in the East at best. I hope Joe's not done.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Heeellll Naw!!!!
    RIGHT NOW, we could nab the 4th seed or miss the playoffs altogether. This is going to be a GOOD team this year, we will be +.500 for sure. The question is, can we get back to 50 wins this season? It's possible.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Too many questions to be hopeful. I'll figure on 36-46 reg season record...for now...
  19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Come on dude. This team got a lot better just for letting Curry and Iverson go. I see us at about 45 win potential right now (could get us a 5-6 seed).
  20. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

I'd say the team who signs Glen Davis is getting a pretty solid young player. I wouldn't call him Kwame Brownish. :stooges: