'Which NBA Player Has The Most Trade Value?'

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 19, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Click on link to see list with comments

ESPN Page 2 - Simmons: True value

:hoops:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's high. Arenas for Billups would increase our ceiling as a team? Cause right now we're 2nd round and out?

Yeah, I'm sure we'd go all the way with Arenas and no point guard (is Arenas even playing anymore?).
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

well maybe he's admitting there is the star policy with the league, and that arenas would get the calls that no piston ever gets.... lol

i wouldn't take arenas for half his salary at this point.
  4. buddahfan

I saw that too. I have never agreed with Simmons assessment of the Pistons, but I think he is on the whole an entertaining NBA writer and does have a good knowledge of a lot of players.

I am not surprised that AJ is off of the list since his playing time has been limited and his touches on offense more so though I am sure that just about every team in the league would grab him in blink of an eyelid if given the opportunity. He has done nothing to diminish his trade value in the very limited on court time he has been given thus far.

It did surprise me a little that Oden is on the list, but I guess that a lot of teams would jump at the chance of obtaining him and his contract despite the fact that because of his physical problems he may wind up making Sam Bowie look like the NBA poster child for a healthy NBA player. LOL
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I like Simmons too. But right now he has Celtics fever. The Pistons are in his way and he knows it. He's lashing out by saying that we are 2nd round and out.
  6. buddahfan

Celtics fever.

They don't look too intimidating to me. LOL

YouTube - Celtic fever

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's his home team. He's biased and he admits it.

He's a real fan, so I can't blame him.

I saw Mahorn on some sports talk thing the other day and after he inserted the Pistons in the conversation for about the 10th time, one of the other hosts asked him if he was wearing his Pistons boxers.
  8. buddahfan

:lol:

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i think simmons is spot on for a lot of NBA analysis, but is on crack for a lot of others. in an earlier chat he said a sheed/maxiell trade for amare would make sense. it seems like he's trying to throw out deals that would make the pistons worse and increase the chances that his celtics make the finals this year.
  10. buddahfan

:smiley-poker:

That is ESPN for you.

11. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

Maybe Simmons is calling us a 2nd round and out because Chauncey finished the last two seasons choking.
  12. buddahfan

:ouch::bs:

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The player that has the most trade value is not the best player. Just saw Kobe score his 20,000; definately the best, but any team trading for him is going to give lesser value, a la Garnett.

The best players to trade are those that will give more bang for the buck. The most trade valued players are the up and coming whipper snappers that may be overvalued by their potential new owners. Deron Williams, last years Okur, Chris Paul, Arenas Gilbert, ect.

My money is on Deron Wiliams as getting the biggest return on assets in an NBA trade this year. Though Utah would never trade him.