Which team could best HELP the Pistons?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by wfhutchi, Apr 17, 2006.

?

Which of these teams could beat Miami?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2006.
  1. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Indiana

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. Milwaukee

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Washington

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. wfhutchi

wfhutchi Second Round Draft Pick

Either Washington, Indiana, Milwaukee, and Chicago could end up being in spots 5-8 (inclusive) for playoff seeding. Of these 4 teams, which ones would help up the best by having to play Miami?

I would have to go with Indiana. They could help us and themselves the best by getting that nbr 7 seed.
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

sticking with my constant washington votes. :D i would love to see cleveland/indiana with the 4/5 seed, milwaukee and washington with the 6/7 seed, and chicago with the 8 seed. milwaukee has good enough guards to give miami a series should they meet.
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Indiana's the only team here that I'd give more than a 25% chance of doing so. If they get their heads together and manage to get healthy for a week or so they're as dangerous as any team in the NBA.

Milwaukee and Washington have zero chance of beating the Heat, and probably wouldn't win a game.

So that leaves Chicago as the second-likeliest team. They don't have anybody who can really guard Shaquille O'Neal, but who knows how important that will be - particularly since Kirk Hinrich has completely shut Dwyane Wade down every time they've played. Miami doesn't have anyone who can guard Gordon or Deng, and the other guards can get hot once in a while. I don't think Chicago would pull off the upset if they drew Miami in the first round, but they should win a game or two.
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'm truly predicting a miami loss. I'm thinking they'll face the bucks. T.J., simmons, and redd will have to be on their game, and bogut has to make shaq gaurd him.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ooops. Messed up the poll. I don't think the Pacers could beat Miami. I do, however, think the Pacers would be the best 1st round matchup for the Pistons.

Rick Carlisle always brings a slow it down, grind it out defensive game. Maybe just what the Pistons need to get in the proper mindset for the playoffs.