Which team is the easiest for first round?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by wfhutchi, Apr 17, 2006.

?

Which team is the easiest 1st Rnd for Detroit?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2006.
  1. Chicago

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Indiana

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Milwaukee

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Washington

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. wfhutchi

wfhutchi Second Round Draft Pick

Either Washington, Indiana, Milwaukee, and Chicago could end up being in spots 5-8 (inclusive) for playoff seeding. Of these 4 teams, which one would be the easiest for the Pistons to defeat?

Persoanlly, I think it is Indiana because the Pistons have gotten into their heads
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My vote is for Chicago. It would be nice to sweep that cry baby Scott Skiles right out of the playoffs!
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's an odd symptom of this time of year that every potential opponent looks like a threat of Biblical proportions and all I can seem to remember now is hot shooting from Washington and Milwaukee, relentless rebounding from Indy, and a bit of both from Chicago.

But, of the four, only the Bulls are playing something resembling basketball right now. And maybe it's just that the last Wizards and Bucks games are too fresh in my mind, so I've settled on Indy as the chump.

I was really hoping that Miami would have to go through both Indy and NY on the way. Could be that Indy only gets up for us though.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Chicago- in the past, we've beaten them easily during the regular seasons.
    Indiana could be challenging since they always compete against D.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You're right dba, Chicago is playing well right now, but I think I'll still take my chances with them. We owned them 4-0 this year.

Indy HATES us and will always get up for a game against the Pistons and Conseco Field House isn't an friendly place for us either. I have a hard time seeing a sweep in this series.

The Bucks and Wiz both have a player (Redd and Arenas respectively) who, like AI, can get hot and single handedly win them at least 1 game. I don't put guys like Deng or Gordon into that category.

I don't think we'll have a problem no matter which 1st round opponent we draw, but as far as expending the least amount of energy and getting in and out quickly, my money is on the Bulls.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oops i wanted to click chicago but clicked washington on accident. so i've now voted washington as both the easiest and toughest 1st round opponent! :o
  7. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Yes the P's beat the Bulls real good. A 4 game sweep. But I must argue that the Piston will get up for Indiana and put Jerm in his place.
  8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Bulls series = physical, chippy series = Early Sheed techs = bad

Bucks or Wiz for me.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hence the problem - you're probably right on both counts.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We have had issues with the Wiz and even though we have handled the Bucs and Bulls, I don't want to trust us going 6 games vs the Bucs and Redd gets hot, or with the Bulls with Nocioni, Gordon, and Heinrich getting hot behind the 3 pt arc.

I agree that even though the Pacers stole a game vs the Pistons, we can beat them easily, because they will be to busy thinking about it. Remember we took the out in the round 1, two years ago, 2nd round last year and we'll take them out in the first round this year. Plus I want to see that scowl on Bird's face when his team succumbs to Pistons again.:eyebrows:
  11. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I actually agree that of these four, Indiana could be the easiest. They've played like absolute crap lately, and I doubt they actually believe they can beat the Pistons anymore. Foster, Harrison, and Pollard beat up Ben, but with JO back, we get a much more favorable matchup.

On the other hand, they could play up to their abilities. If they show signs of that happening, I'd go with Milwaukee. Redd can get hot but they have shown no signs of being able to stop or outexecute the Pistons when it matters, and Terry Stotts is one of the few coaches in the EC playoffs who isn't better than Flip (Eddie Jordan, Mike Brown?).