1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Who are the best players you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Nov 28, 2012.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

I was born in 1987, so I'm a little fuzzy through the early to mid 90's. Here we go though, my 15 man team...

STARTING LINEUP:

C: S. O'Neal. No question about it. Next to MJ with the Bulls, Shaq with the Lakers was the single most dominant player I've ever seen.

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]PF: L. James. Just an unbelievable athlete, and an unbelievable talent. Not a PF, but he could be, and he deserves to be in this starting lineup for sure (even though I hate him).[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

SF: K. Durant. A hair under 7-feet tall and he might be the best shooting-guard in the league right now. A truly remarkable athlete with truly remarkable talent (remember, I missed Bird).

SG: M. Jordan. Hate to say it, but the single best player I ever saw (remember, I missed the Kareem days).

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]PG: K. Br[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]yant. Not a PG - I've got several out of position here - but he could handle it. Probabl[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y the third best pla[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]yer I've ever seen (remember, I missed Magic).[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

2. blueadams

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]ROTATION:[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]C: H. Olajuwon. Best defensive pla[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]yer I ever saw (sorr[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y Ben). The leader of two NBA championship teams.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

PF: T. Duncan. Never exciting. But the best pla[COLOR=#000000]yer on several championship teams.[/COLOR]

PF: K. Garnett (I've got two SF's in the starting lineup, so I'll go with two PF's here). Incredibly, incredibly excitng and talented player in his prime in Minnesota.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]PG: C. Paul. This might turn some heads. Best and smoothest distributor I've ever seen on the court in his prime - which might be passed.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

PG: D. Rose (again, two SG's in the starting lineup). Most incredible athlete I ever saw at the PG position. Sad that his prime was so, so short.

3. blueadams

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]RESERVES:[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]PF: D. Nowitzki. I thought about going with him over Garnett, even Duncan. Just an incredible, incredible basketball pla[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]yer (at seven feet tall, he can be the third center).[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]PF: K. Malone. Ugh. M[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y least favorite pick of the team. He was good enough for long enough though, I suppose. I've been tr[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]ying to think of someone else I'd rather go with and can't. Didn't see much of Barkle[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y in his prime. Not sure that D. Robinson or Ewing were better. Don't like Dwight that much. Hopefull[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y the replies will help me replace him.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]SF: T. McGrad[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000]y. This is an odd one. Such a short, short prime. But he was just so phenomenal while he was in it. I'll never forget it. I liked watching him more than Grant HIll in his prime. Pippen, gag. Mullin, gag.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

SG: A. Iverson. How he took that terrible sixers team to the finals still resonates with me. He's a reserve for a reason, however. I thought he was more impactful in his prime than Wade. And I never got to see much of Drexler, unfortunately.

PG: S. Nash. Again, this will be controversial. I saw a lot of great PG's...Stockton, Payton, Kidd, T. Hardaway, Price, P. Hardaway (not Zeke, unfortunately). But I've gone with Paul, Rose and Nash, the most recent three. Could just be a matter of who I've seen the most of. I just never really saw any of those other guys I mentioned be THE stars of big games, on good teams.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

PG: Magic Johnson - Isaiah Thomas - Jason Kidd
    SG: Michael Jordan - Kobe Bryant - Julius "Dr. J" Erving
    SF: Lebron James - Larry Bird - George "The Iceman" Gervin
    PF: Tim Duncan - Charles Barkley - Karl Malone
    C: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon - Kareem Adbul Jabar - Moses Malone

linwood likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

PG - Magic Johnson - Steve Nash - Rajon Rondo/CP3
    SG - MJ (of course) - Kobe - and someone else? I don't really have a definitive 3rd SG, maybe DWade/RMiller
    SF - LBJ ->>>>>Durant
    PF - Tim Duncan - Josh Smith (don't shoot me) - Nowitzki (Couldn't fit Jonas Jerebko on here unfotunately)
    C - Shaq - Garnett - Big Ben Wallace

6. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

PG- Isaiah Thomas- Magic Johnson
    SG- MJ- Kobe
    SF- LBJ- Bird
    PF- Barkley- Rodman
    C- Hakeem- Shaq

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'll go with your list dude.

However:
    I'd prolly drop the Iceman and stick Durant in there.
    ...I'd also replace Moses with Darko.

basketbills likes this.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm going to with "players I've seen".

PG: Zeke/Magic (nobody else comes close to these two); honorable mention: Stockton
    SG: Jordan/Kobe
    SF: James/Durant/Pippen
    PF: Duncan/Karl Malone
    C: Shaq/Olajuwon/D. Robinson

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

We must be about the same age, because this is pretty much my list too.

I would add Iverson in hist prime. That guy was phenominal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

10. BallDon'tLie

I agree with you guys.
    Stockton or Iverson instead of J. Kidd.

NOT sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'd put Darko on a separate list..."Who are the Best warmup players you have ever seen". I was fortunate enough to see him shooting 3 pointers during warmups once.

linwood and coynejeremy like this.
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

PG Magic, Isiah
    SG Jordon, Kobe
    SF Bird, James
    PF Duncan, Barkley, Rodman
    C Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq

Hate to have one on this list... but got to give him his dues, and Rodman could guard anybody else on that list... and probably did guard all those that he played against except maybe Isiah (just guessing here, no evidence).

jzchen likes this.
  13. BallDon'tLie

As physically dominant as Shaq was, I leave him off.
    He could easily be stopped by any NBA journeyman with a simple foul.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Laimbeer/ Mahorn vs Shaq would have been fun to watch.

15. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Obviously, you guys are all under 50.

PG: Cousey, Magic, Isaiah, and the kid from Louisiana
    SG: Robertson (he averaged a triple/double for the whole season), Jordan
    SF: Bird, Erving, Havlachek, Yardley :-)
    PF: Duncan, Pettit,
    C: Chaimberlin, Russell, Olajuwon, Jabar, Shaq, Lanier

16. Woody

Pete Maravich!!

roscoe36 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I thought hard about my 3rd Center and almost went with 4 PF's... I missed alot of the great Centers of the game.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

PG - Magic Johnson, Bob Cousy
    SG - The big "O", Jerry West
    SF - Larry Bird, LeBron James
    PF - Elvin Hayes, Dolph Schayes
    C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain

Woody likes this.
  19. BallDon'tLie

I'm under 50.
    ...But for the record, I knew who you meant by "the kid from Louisiana".

Whenever I see highlights of that guy on TV, I will stop whatever I'm doing to watch 'em.
    Maravich is proof that Basketball IS an artform.

linwood and Woody like this.
  20. Woody

Nemo, I really like your list!

I would add Jordan to the SG list, and Bill Russell to the Centers.

Now, THAT would be a team!!!