Who do you hate?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, May 12, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Being a Pistons fan can be tough at times.

We get bombarded with other players who are supposed to be the next great thing.

So I though, in my own venom filled head, it would be fun to compile a list of players on other teams that I just can't stand. Heck, even players on OUR team.

Here's my short list in no particular order.

Kobe Bryant
    Jason Kidd
    Vince Carter
    Shaq
    Carmelo Anthony
    Ron Artest
    Gary Payton
    Tony Parker
    Allen Iverson
    Robert Horry
    Sprewell (although he's not really a player anymore)
    Mourning
    T-Mac
    K-Mart
    Marbury
    Jason Williams

Alltime Members:
    Karl Malone
    John Stockton
    Jordan
    Pippen
    McHale
    Barkley
    Bill Cartright
    Avery Johnson
    Christian Laettner
    Bird
    Ewing
    Oakley
    Starks
    Skiles
    Glenn Rice

Honorable Mention:
    Mo Evans

And we'll make a warm fuzzy ending...
    Guys I wish had been Pistons so I could root for them:
    Drexler
    Dominique Wilkins
    Hakeem
    Shawn Kemp (when he was young)
    Dr J
    Magic
    James Worthy
    Kareem
    Chris Mullin
    Reggie Miller
    Kevin Garnett
    Wade
    Duncan
    Ginobli
    Larry Nance

What do you think?
  2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pretty good list Star, I have to agree with almost all of it.

I'd have to say the Young AI is on my alltime hate list (with his "practice?" rant putting him right near the top), but I think he's really matured (relatively speaking), so older AI moves to my "on the fence" list.

I'd have to add Chris Webber near the top as well. I can't stand his "I'm gonna eat you" face after every basket.

Jermaine O'Neil is also on my short list. I can't stand that guy. Just shut up and play basketball. And try to stay healthy. Of course, having said that, he and AI are the only 2 members of my list that I'd also love to have him on my team.

I'd have to add Chris Bosh to the "Wish he was a Piston" list. Of course, he's going to be a FA soon, so you never know....
  3. Superstarov

Yeah, I'll agree with AI being more mature now. I still hate the gangsta image, and the way he thows himself on the ground trying to draw fouls. But I hate to say it, but he has become boarderline good guy the last few years.

I can't diss on C-Webb too much. I'll just let everyone else do it. I try not to single out the Michigan players, even if they are way over-rated... JALEN ROSE!

I did miss Jermain O'Neal didn't I? Sorry, my bad.
  4. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Fun topic. :)

I love AI. Yeah I know, "practice", gangsta, etc etc but the guy is fearless, and I predicted his career would be over by now -- as a result of all the abuse he takes on the court -- but instead, he remains at the top of his game.

I hate MJ. :mad:

I should hate LeBron, since he is likely to end the Pistons' reign as Eastern champs (like MJ) and because of the disgusting amount of hype and adulation that is foisted upon the hapless public by the NBA and other corporate bodies (again like MJ). Strangely though, I find him very likeable in spite of all that. He reminds me of Magic, both in his play and in his demeanor. And that's a good thing. :)
  5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Shaquille O'Neal, Jeff Foster, LeBron James, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Webber, Richard Jefferson, Larry Hughes, Manu Ginobili, Dwyane Wade, Mike James, Jermaine O'Neal, Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, Keith Van Horn, Shawn Marion, Marquis Daniels, Kevin Garnett, Chauncey Billups, Darius Miles, Nick Van Exel, Jason Terry, Peja Stojakovic, Stephen Jackson, Zach Randolph, Steve Francis...

I'm a fan of Bryant, Artest, Payton, Mourning, and McGrady, and while I think Robert Horry is sometimes obnoxious and extremely dirty, I can't really "hate" him.

And a special shout out to Smush Parker, Mo Evans, Pat Garrity, Austin Croshere, Matt Bonner, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Ryan Bowen, Darko Milicic, and the club's charter member Brian Scalabrine for being completely worthless wastes of roster spots.

My all-time list is probably too long to write out, which probably means I take this sport too seriously, but it can probably be distilled down to Larry Bird, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain to anyone outside of Boston, and Earvin "Magic" Johnson, for having one of the more irritating personalities of any professional athlete ever, and making me dislike Kareem's team.
  6. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Chauncey Billups? He's in your "hate" category?
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ahb you have some serious issues. What's wrong with Mike James?
    Star let me know when you want to talk hockey. I'm sure we can come up with a huge list.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

How do you guys hate Iverson? He gives it his all almost every night and gives his crap team a chance to win.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I don't hate NBA players in general but when it comes to a player I have to choose, it's Alonzo Mourning, no doubt.

Just hoping that the Nets (whom he did not want to play) would beat his Heat real bad. That would be my last laugh at him. Anyone remember the fighting match between him and L.J who used to be his teammate at Charlotte?
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hate:Antoine Walker, Darius Miles, Kenyon Martin, Dwayne Wade, Jon Barry (love/hate), Stephon Jackson, Jason Kidd, Stephon Marbury, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Karl Malone and Dwayne Wade.

Love: Allen Iverson, Ron Artest, Paul Pierce, Sam Cassell, Karl Malone, Elton Brand, Jamal Magloire, and all the Pistons, of course.
  11. max

max All-Star

Super - I did not realize you were such an old timer. To have McHale on your list that could only come from following the team back in the mid -80's.

I don't really "Hate" too many players except for perhaps Zo since he is so dirty and a general bad sport.

I try to seperate the hype from the player and realize its not their fault that they get dorky adds like "We are all Witnesses". Witnesses to what? Game fixing so LeBran can advance? No they would not go that far but thats what it sounds like to me.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey is in your hate category???:jaw:
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Be sure I'm down on Zo and any other hinchman Riley employes.
    But shouldn't Ron-Ron have his own category?
    Like enigma?
  14. Superstarov

Yeah Max. The Bad Boys were my first real steady exposure to pro sports. I was trying to think of someone on the Blazers I didn't like, but really, the Blazers were just a flash in the pan, IMO. Duckworth? Buck Williams? And remember that "Rip City" crap the media was thowing at us about Portland? But they did have Clyde the Glide.:cool:

I also thought about how cool it would be to have the Nets beat the Heat, so Mourning could feel like a jack-ass... but that would mean that for the entire next series I would have to watch Carter, Jefferson, and Kidd (with his stupid free throw ritual). Go HEAT!
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If you asked me a few years ago, my list would be long. Today, I don't hate anyone. Some I like, some I dislike, but it's business, sports and entertainment. Only one of those descriptors implies any inherent honor or nobility.

It's like watching Jerry Springer expecting stories of compassion or about the positive face of human nature. Ain't gunna happen.
  16. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

My exact thoughts when I first read the title.

But being true to my word, Uncle Cliffy is my only entry for being plain old D-U-M-B.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Of course I don't actually HATE Kenyon Martin. We've never actually met. But any compelling drama has to have a villian, and it makes it much more entertaining for me to have "despicable" players to rally against. TMac may be a wonderful guy, but his arrogance in the playoffs against Detroit made the down 3-1 comeback all the more enjoyable with a villian in house. The Bucks series was such a yawner, not just because of the dominance of the Pistons, but also because of the lack of any compelling "characters" on the Milwaukee squad.

Thank God for the Villians!

Thank you, Jermaine O'Neil for talking to much trash.

Thank you, Ron Artest for throwing a cheap elbow here and there.

Thank you, Dwayne Wade for posing for GQ and being such a drama queen on the fouls.

Thank you, Alonzo for flexing after each made basket.

Thank you, Bill Laimbeer for the "who, me?" act after every hard foul.

Thank you, Kobe, for saying it was nothing Tayshaun did that shut you down in the finals.
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

You like Kobe but dislike LeBron? Hmmm... interesting. LeBron has done nothing but keep his mouth shut and his nose clean. And he's played the game. Kobe is a little child. Both came into the league outta high school. LeBron is a shining example that you can mature when you have to. Kobe is a piece of isht.
  19. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I get reminded how much I cannot stand Vince Carter every time he poses after a making a shot. Maybe if he would have gotten back on defense instead of admiring his shot against Miami in game 3 NJ might have won.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm gonna add brent musburger to the list.

he said 'the chosen one' so many times last night it was gross. 'timeout cavs. the chosen one has 16 points now.' i mean...wow.