Who do you hate?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, May 12, 2006.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

'Course, that trash-talking thing to Arenas was not great sportsmanship. :ohwell:
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Interesting take on the Arenas/James chat at the FT line in that playoff game by Wiz guard Antonio Daniels. He said, it was no big deal what James said to Arenas at the FT line. He added, people talk to each other all the time on the court during a game, we are professionals, and should be able to do our jobs despite distractions from players and fans alike. He continued, if you can say anything (as long as it`s not derogatory) to a player to get into his head then you should say it if it gives you an advantage to win.

I wonder if someone performed the heimlich manuever on Arenas after the game, perhaps someone should have done it before he shot the FT`s.

To me it was a brilliant move on James part, he and Arenas are friends and maybe he knew what he was doing. Word is here in DC that after Arenas missed both gimmies, on the way to the bench, James was heard by fans calling Arenas a whimp.......hmmmmm.
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Hate is such a harsh word when you don't really know the person or had them do something to you personally.Hate=my ex,bosses and Old Milwaukees Best for reasons I won't get into and at the time how can you argue with a buddy when it's $4.99 for a case??

But I dislike Kobe,Wade,Arenas,Zo,Vincanity,McHale,Horry,Shaq,Jordan,Pippen,Foster,J O'Neal,Webber,the Glove,Antoine Walker and Ginblowbli.I'm positive I missed some when others are fresh on my mind.I just don't like their attitudes,choices they've made or they have done wrong to our team.

AI gets a pass in my book with his effort,he is a warrior.Kemp earns honarable mention for being a chode and ruining his career.Sean Elliot because he pretty much admitted he didn't try when he got sent to the D.Bison Dele for being a terd.Bill Cartwright(sp)for that awful release.For some reason I liked the Chief and Bird.

Sheed and Barkley are too funny to dislike even though they talk alot of smack they entertain me anyway.But Lambs well if he was on another team I woulda disliked him without a doubt but he was our special boy.
  4. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Okay, let me clarify for those of you of the more sensitive persuasions::tsk: :whip:

I also truly "hate" few people.:thumb:

I don't "know" any of these guys.:ohwell:

It would have looked stupid to name this thread "Who do you really dislike watching play and watching the Pistons play against as an NBA player, without defaming his character, because we know, the media tells us what it wants to, and we will never truly know the depths of who each of these guys actually are?" That would look silly wouldn't it? :der:

Plus there's not that much room.:decision:

I'm sure Jason Kidd or Kobe Bryant may be a really fun people, and if they were your neighbor or something, they may be really nice and trustworthy and you may let them borrow lawn tools and let your kids play together and whatnot.:noidea:

But what I was saying, and apparently I needed to spell it out for the spoon fed amongst us, was: Who do you really dislike to see playing?:suspiciou

Can you honestly watch Kobe Bryant play and say to yourself "What a nice guy."? Or, "That Jason Kidd seems like he'd be a lot of fun."? Yeah right.:confused:

Now I understand that's not hatred. But if we have to be so politically correct that we have to qualify our posts with disclaimers... what's the point?:(

Relax. No one is going to research your posts here when you're in the running for the next Lakers head coaching position.:P
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I wouldn't let my kid play with Jason Kidd's alien child. :laugh:
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

HAHAHAHAHA @ Star. Gotta be PC in this day and age! Heaven forbid you say something that might offend someone. Either you speak literally or you don't speak at all.

I'll add that I also do not literally "Hate" the players that I previously named. In reality, I simply tend to "disapprove of them based on their public personna". However, I'm sure that each and every one of them are fine, upstanding, law abiding private citizens, who go to church, donate their time and money to charity, and rescue cats from trees at the same time that they are saving babies from burning buildings and hunting for WMD's in Iraq.
  7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Very nice.
  8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hate is a strong word, but I do hate the following.
    1. Alonzo Mourning
    2. Antoine Walker
    3. Karl Malone
    4. Shaquille O'Neal
    5. Damon Jones
    6. Gilbert Arenas
    7. Dwayne "Crybaby" Wade
    8. Scott Skiles
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

My "disapproval list"

Gilbert Arenas
    Gary Payton
    Robert Horry
    Kevin McHale
    Danny Ainge
    Karl Malone
    John Stockton (Couldn`t hate one without the other)
    Bill Walton (As a player and announcer)
    Manu Ginobili
    Entire Laker team from 2004
  10. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Disclaimer:This post is in no way shape or form meant to infuriate or infiltrate Superstarov.:nod:

We,well at least I got what you meant I was trying to be funny.I hate everyone I listed and forgot until Dlev59 listed Malone and Stockton.I remember the feeling of rage when Malone blew Zeke's melon open.Stockton shouldn't have gone over Zeke to the Olympics.That was just Piston hatred.Ya and Walton sucks too I can't wait now that the Heat look like they might take the series we get to hear passionate descriptions of Wades body.
  11. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

well after watching game three, i hate:

most cleveland fans
    damon jones
    anderson varajao
  12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I SuperHate the Slurs

I hate the San Antonio Slurs.:mad2: I hate Tim Duncan, with his no affect slightly retarded facial expression.:puke: I hate Ginobili with his constant out of control careening around, just in case he gets a chance to flop. :mad: I hate Bruce Bowen with his cockiness and dirty play. :mad: I hate Tony Parker and his silly little accent and I can't believe Eva Longoria could be sleeping with such a goofball looking guy:yuck: . Of course I hate Robert Horry for hitting that 3 last year. :( Oh and I hate Greg Popovich just because he is so good and I'm scared when he is coaching against us. Maybe that's not such a hate, maybe I just wish he could coach the Pistons. :redface:

I really hate them right now because I had to watch them win this Game 6 in Dallas. :smash: I cannot bring myself to feel even one smidgen of not hate for them. Oh yeah, also I hate their uniforms with that stupid Spur.I think they look like a bunch of foreign felons out on work release.

God I hope they lose in Game 7.:fingerscr :nod:
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Hate is not healthy...seek tolerance, hard as it may be :)
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Re: I SuperHate the Slurs

MEA CULPA

Upon further review of my earlier Who I Hate Post, I had a revelation, an epiphany, I saw through the glass darkly but now my eyes are open.

The San Antonio Spurs are my escape goat! :doh:

For my unresolved feelings of grief, frustratation and loss at the Pistons not repeating last season. That post of mine was mean, just plain mean and full of personal attack. (I come by it honestly, my dad is a trial attorney).:frusty:
    I shall go forward and hate no more. :amen:

Although I cannot delete my mean post, I can say here that the only thing I really really hate about the Spurs is that they frighten me. They seem to be able to pull out wins even when they don't play well! I'd prefer that only the Pistons be able to do that.

Oh, yeah, and I do really hate those unis with the spur. This I cannot change.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't hate Lebron, but I do hate the calls he gets.:mad:
  16. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Can't say that I hate anyone in sports, but I do look upon quite a few as perfect A-holes who daily renew their credentials as such.:nod:
  17. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

I hate Arenas, Ginobili, Bowen, S. Jackson, Walker.... list goes on. Most of the players i hate are those who dont play team ball and think they are better than they actually play.
  18. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Hate is such an extreme and overused word. Noone deserves to be hated except people like: terrorists; drug dealers; male urologists who want to work on my womenfolk; oil company execs; hardened criminals; drunk drivers; and other people like that.

Then there are a few people that I would not invite over to my house for dinner: athletes who take steroids; Larry and Flip; NBA refs who go by the rule that the stars get special calls; Zo; maybe Artest; people who want to block Pete from the HOF; Karl Malone; Bill and Hillary; illegal aliens and other serial criminals; Tip and Teddy; you get the idea.

My dislikes are widely varied as are my faves.
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess there are two lists - the "if the universe were being run correctly this guy would never be allowed to exist" serious disapproval list, and the much longer merely disapprove of list.

Serious disapproval -

1. Isiah Thomas - hated the whining, the cheap shots, and that goofy little stamp his feet and shake his fists dance he used to do any time a call went against him

2. Reggie Miller - to my mind, possibly the most over-rated player in the history of the league. He played hard (and well, no doubt) when the cameras were rolling, but couldn't be bothered to show up when the spotlight wasn't on. He's an affront to gym rats everywhere.

3. John Starks - words fail me

4. Karl Malone - see #1, without the goofy little dance, but with his own personal semi-truck.

5. Larry Bird - because he didn't play for my team.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Players I can't stand-short list because I can appreciate gamesmanship
    Bruce Bowen- A dirty cheat of a player

Kenyon Martin- Another dirty cheat of a player, who's grossly overpaid.

Vince Carter- Because if you negotiate a Max deal you shouldn't tank it so that you can jump ship because you don't know how to make your teammates better....that's just outright trifiling.

Chucky Atkins - For personal reasons (we were competing for the same female one night, let's just say the night didn't end the way I wanted); and for that playoff run where he made every PG we faced look like an all-star.

Karl Malone - Cheryl may forgive and move on, but I don't have to. Dude is worth Millions and won't even acknowledge his own kids until they become hoop all-stars- without any help from him. Sitting all on TV with his NBA wife and kids in a mansion while he never gave Cheryl or her brother a red cent, or a b-day card or even admitted he was their dad, while clearly you can look and see the're his spitting image...what a BUM.