Who Murdered Roscoe36?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Aug 18, 2006.

?

Who should be hung for the murder of Roscoe36

Poll closed Aug 20, 2006.
  1. Darth Tater

22.2%
  2. Jammertime

11.1%
  3. The Low

11.1%
  4. Motown Pride

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. auroraKMW

22.2%
  6. Warthog

11.1%
  7. professor

22.2%
  8. linwood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. TheeTFD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. dlev

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

He did use my name and Micro's in a post the other day. You may be on to something.

Jammer, what do you have to say for yourself?
  2. linwood

linwood All-Star

Well, I guess I have to vote for someone. Thee does make some pretty interesting points, and I like his "rush to justice" style. Maybe I will throw my vote in the ring for Tater too.

Although, as much as I would like to see him out of this game, and just can't imagine what a crybaby he will be if he is eliminated early. Lots and lots of "from beyond the (mashed potatoes and) grave(y)" posts.

Guess I will have to think about this a little more.

Or maybe not. Lynch Mob justice!
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Just like Roscoe said. We will do this again...its still a trial an error effort but thanks to all the guniea pigs for their entertaining posts!!
  4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well, this is just the Wild Wild West around here. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw that I am a prime suspect. Anyone could see that my post to roscoe was pure business, about videos he removed before their appointed time.

After preliminary investigation, I am now focusing on two suspects: The Low and even more ominously, the Professor.

I shall cite my painstaking evidence at midnight or whenever the new server is up, whichever comes first.

I am appalled at your lack of clearmindedness, linwood. You never know someone until they accuse you of a heinous crime!
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm innocent I tell you, innocent! :laugh:

As for my apparent silence, 99% of my posts come at night and since I didn't get home from work today until about 7:30 and the server was down, this is my first chance to defend myself!

I haven't voted in the poll just yet because I wanted to do some CSI type investigating first. But I was thinking along the same lines as a couple of you, in that I felt that the first killer would be a staff member to help ease into the game.

Also, going into the game, I didn't think I'd be chosen as the first killer, since slippy had used me in his example.
    PLUS, we Canadians are lovers not fighters! :canada:
  6. Darth Tater

OK Jammer. You were a distant 3rd on my suspect list, but you are off it now. I can't see any words in your post that could be a key word.

Aurora, I was leaning toward you big time, but I don't see a keyword in your post either (although I could see you distracting Roscoe with your feminine charms and then crushing his skull with a computer monitor).

Low, if the keyword is "jumpers" you are the killer. But...your response was a natural one to Roscoes comments.

Prof...is the keyword "offense" or "defensive"? if so, you could be dirty.

This is a toughie.
  7. jammertime

I have 3 suspects and each has a reason for wanting Roscoe offed.

They are (in no particular order):

The Low
    - he mentioned Roscoe in 3 seperate posts in the past few days, the last of which contained several basketball related terms containing the letter "e".

Motive - Roscoe hits a "sour note"?

Incriminating evidence - the use of "jumper", "attitude" and "outscored" in his Aug 1th post replying to Roscoe

Aurorakmw
    - several mentions of Roscoe recently, but none in the past 2 days.

Motive - bitter over the permenant deletion of forum vids.

Incriminating evidence - Wishing Roscoe "God Speed" earlier today... AFTER his death! Hmmm

The professor
    - very suspicious post in the Pluto thread around the time of the murder. Has been suspiciously quiet since then.

Motive - Roscoe posed the biggest threat to his murderous ways. So the PROFESSOR used intellect - getting rid of the strongest link - in choosing his first victim.

Incriminating evidence - suspicious basketball analagies planted in his post about Pluto - possibly to disguise the key word? - around the time of the murder.

I'll leave you to ponder this evidence and will return with my final determination shortly...
  8. max

max All-Star

I don't understand this. What am I missing?
  9. Darth Tater

10. jammertime

I gotta go with the Prof on this one. The evidence doesn't lie!

Confess now professor and we might go easy on you. Deny it and we'll put a #3 Ben Wallace Bulls jersey on you during the lynching!
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Really? Sure, no one would suspect my ornery persona to be tied to off-ing somebody. Not only that, but a keyword tied directly to what I've been %%%%%ing about all year. I wouldn't stand a chance...but I'm not surprised as much crap as I give roscoe.

I'm getting a lot of play for this (oddly no votes) and no sir, I'm not liking it. But, I would have to believe that I have probably made myself a target all year. I'm pretty sure a hangin would symbolically end my rants on LB, Ben, Defense, and the like....

I'm thinkin Tater is really workin hard to point the finger...a lil too hard....
  12. Darth Tater

:pound::yield::rofl:

Didn't you tell Roscoe " Besides, the dead shouldn't be talking...I'm scared"? You were trying to hush his ghost before it told on you, weren't you?

Everyone sing along with me:

Hang down your head Low Dooley...Hang down your head and cry...Hang down your head Low Dooley...poor grouch your bound to die.

This time tomorrow....reckon where I'll be...prolly in some lonesome forum...hanging from Slippy's oak tree...
  13. jammertime

A good detective follows all leads, no offence Low. :P

Facts are facts. 1. You're in the game. 2. You've used Roscoe's name in several posts during the time frame of the murder. 3. You've used potential key words in those same posts.

You were a suspect, however my investigation has since concluded and you're now free to go. Thanks for your time. You can pick up your personal belongings at the front desk.
    :laugh:
  14. Pwn Toney

Hey! That's not mine!:redface:
  15. jammertime

Hey man, I'm not here to judge you... well, in this instance I guess I kind of am.

But what you do on your own time is none of my business.... well, unless of course, what you do on your own time is kill forum members!
  16. Darth Tater

Low, you realize of course that you voted the same way as TFD. You must want me dead pretty bad to do a thing like that.

You may get me hanged to shut me up, but my death will not be in vain. You will never get away with this you fiend!!!!
  17. Pwn Toney

I'm not sure it's workin, sir. Besides, hangin you will just end this more quickly so we can start round 2 and get more people involved.

...unless I'm sorely mistaken on who the culprit really is.:doh:
  18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound: Oh Low don't you see how playing the race card casts even MORE suspicion on you IMO. That would be like me jumping up and down and saying that the rush to justice people were misogynists. Good diversionary tactic though. :nod:

The aforementioned posts that call Roscoe by name and use the word "jumpers" more than once are the evidence that may seal your fate.:ohwell:

I don't want it to be you Low. I really don't. And truth be told, I think "jumpers" is kind of a lame basketball word, but I'll need you to come in for questioning anyway. Please cooperate fully. It can only get worse for you the longer you protest your innocence, if you did it. Roscoe appears to be able to contact the forum from the afterlife so time is of the essence for the murderer.

I'd like to be able to rule you out and officially issue a warrant for the Professor. Just an informal friendly chat Low, no need to bring a lawyer.:)
  19. max

max All-Star

I don't really understand this but blame Slippy. He started it and strategically excluded himself.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I find myself blaming Slippy for alot of things I don't understand. So far, it has worked well.

Kim: I know you did it. When I read your post to the dearly departed, my elbow started to itch. I knew something was wrong, because my elbow only itches when my intuition is trying to tell me something. I have a feeling you may have "sneaky eyes."