Who Murdered Roscoe36?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Aug 18, 2006.

?

Who should be hung for the murder of Roscoe36

Poll closed Aug 20, 2006.
  1. Darth Tater

22.2%
  2. Jammertime

11.1%
  3. The Low

11.1%
  4. Motown Pride

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. auroraKMW

22.2%
  6. Warthog

11.1%
  7. professor

22.2%
  8. linwood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. TheeTFD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. dlev

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

oh whatever jammer... yeah, sure, you're right... i spent the last week praying that i wouldn't be designated the murderer because i have no clue whatsoever as to how this game works, but no, no: you're right, i not only understand the game (after all, i am a -- no, THE -- professor) but was brilliant enough to embed my clues in some absurd outer space posts.

nope, sorry, it's aurora -- there were some absolutely gratuitous posts on her part going out of her way to address roscoe... clearly the dame is lethal

unless, of course, it was you jammer -- you're being obviously pushy about casting blame ... as they say in other contexts: he who denied it supplied it
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know about Professor, but if you think I'm going to show up sans lawyer for you and the spud to have a few microts alone with me in a room...you need to put down the tater tots and slowly back away.

I'd end up hung for just having mowed Roscoe's lawn....

...none for me thanks.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Someone should die soon, with another clue, right?
    I hope the killer puts me out of my misery.
    Roscoe and "E"
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice defence professor, pleading ignorance. :noidea: The oldest trick in the book. Pretty feable attempt if you ask me.

Ah, and the icing on the cake is your attempt at "accuse your accuser".A desperate last ditch attempt of a man on death row.

Of course I'm casting blame. That's the point of the game. But I do my talking with evidence while you do yours with murderous misdirection.

GUILTY!
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Jamm I was trying to quote your "I didn't think they would make me the murderer cause Slip used me in the example..."
    So you are the killer?! W.T.Canuck!
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hang Jamm now!
  7. jammertime

Thee,

No, I didn't think I'd be the chosen as the killer for the first round (I couldn't say that I knew I wouldn't be chosen, since I have no control over it) and I was right.

I haven't checked, but I don't even think I had any posts that would fit the M.O. anyway.

Hey Slippy,
    So what happens if there's a tie in the poll? Do we off both of them?
  8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Absolutely Gratuitous Posts?! Here are my two posts in the time frame.

Thread: Who do you vote off the island of Japan?
    Other than proving I was wrong about Bowen:doh: , this is clearly in the flow of forum posting. I was all excited about my first poll on pf.com and those two didn't vote but they posted.:mmph: Totally understandable.

Thread: Important PF.com videos to be removed

Ha! That is the evidence against me? You think the remaining two jury members, Warthog and Dlev, will hang me on the basis of being overly anxious for my first PF.com poll to be a success?

Professor, I have more faith in their good sense. But you should be worried. You and The Low should be pooling your resources and planning an escape to a country that won't extradite you. One of you did it.
  9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:laugh: the innocent "golly gee shucks i'm just so excited about my first poll and gosh i don't really know what's going on but heck i'm just happy to be here with all you swell people" shtick may fool some people aurora, but it hasn't fooled me. i see right through you: you're a cold hearted broad and dangerously masterful in your management of the rhetoric of naivete. you've already taken out one of my friends. i don't mean to let it happen again.

as for me. i got oneword for y'all: dharma chameleon

om
  10. jammertime

Sounds a lot like your defence professor. And once again, you go after the person who suspects you. You're second use of the "accuse your accuser" defence.

I also noticed that you didn't respond to my alligations against you. Hmm... suspicious.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree Aurora. One of those two did it, and I think it was the Low.

Low, how can you think I did it when there was no evidence (i.e. I left no posts with Roscoe's name in it)? That was what made me remove any lingering doubt it must be you. You must want me out of the way.

On the other hand, Prof either really believes it is Aurora or he wants her out of the way also.

Both cannot be killers, and since I left no evidence, you cannot believe I really did it. Therefore you are the killer and Prof must erroneously believe Aurora is guilty.
  12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok I have not yet weighed in on who comitted this heinous crime. Without a prolonged closing arguement I am saying the Professor did it.

I don`t quite understand the game yet but because the Prof posts are so deep anyway, he must have posted something that incriminates himself, I just don`t know which post or when.

The Professor, Guilty!!!!!!!
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

poll will close at 9 PM CST 10 EST and the accused murderer shall be hung for the heinous crime of off'ing the father of PF.com.

get your votes in.
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Professor, I accuse you of the evil deed. I do not feel the evidence is very strong, and I almost chose The Low. You have only one post where you use the victim roscoe's name and have key basketball words of "offense" and "defensive."

The Low had three posts, all in the same thread however, where he used roscoe's name and the key basketball word of "jumpers" in two of them.

My head tells me that the murderer is The Low, but my gut tells me it's you. Your most recent attempt to further incriminate me by character assassination instead of sticking to the evidence is telling. So I chose you.

Also, I think that the keyword "jumpers" is really lame and probably not a basketball keyword.

I sure hope The Low isn't going to get away with murder. Professor, if I am wrong and you hang...the justice system in this game needs to be overhauled. An innocent man should not die over planet/basketball analogies. Evidentiary procedure will be reviewed I am sure (it's the first round, after all).

Now only dlev59 and warthog are left to decide our and The Low's fate.
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Dlev forgot to vote in the poll! What now?
  16. Slippy

i voted to hang warthog because he never contributed to the mob. :P
  17. Slippy

I'll wait a few more minutes to allow dlev an 11th hour, life changing vote.

we have a 3 way tie. I never took that into account since it never happened in the parlor game version. i suppose I will need to get out the "Coin of Life and Death"

Just think, your lives depend of the landing of a peso. Doesn't that make you feel cheap.
  18. Slippy

ok the poll will remain open until 2 am because i was up late on thursday when i did the poll. however, tallying is complete.

Darth Tater
    AuroraKMW
    professor

we have a three way tie. your fates shall hang in the balance. Who will meet roscoe36 in the afterlife? I will post the results by tomorrow.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh oh. Prof just said in a "Tigers" thread that I pointed out something to him in another thread. I have to say that it wasn't me who pointed it out.

Is he setting me up as his next victim if neither of us is hanged.

I thought I'd better say something before he does it...I may be dead soon. Hopefully this keeps me alive.

Wait...I don't see a keyword in the post. Maybe I'm noid?
  20. Slippy

:crazy:
    :crazy: Dude, get some sleep. Its only a game.