1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Who will Emerge as the New Leader? Rasheed or is Tay ready for This Role

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Aug 6, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With Ben gone, we need a leader who wills tep up to an overwhelming challenge.

I think Rasheed would handle this task nicely providing his head is in the right place. But I remember Sheed not wanting to be the man, he just wants to be that guy who fills in the holes.

I think that I remember him saying that he doesn't like being cast in this type of light. I may be wrong.

I think that it is time for Tayshaun to step up, he has that quiet, timid demeanor, but I feel that he could be a dynamite leader.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Chauncey will remain the team leader... but Tayshaun has also shown the qualities to lead... more from an intellectual stand point... he's the guy explaining situational positions.
    There's room for more than one leader.

3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I don't see Tay as a "rah rah go team" leader type of guy.

I see him as a lead by example type of guy. The type of guy who stays quiet, until he catches something everyone else is missing, and then speaks up.

I agree there is room for more than one leader. There is a need for the guy waving the towel and cheering on the other guys (Billups/Sheed), and a more cerebral, quiet type of leader (Tayshaun).

I don't see Sheed as being much of a leader, other than a "rah rah" guy. He gets pumped up and the team feeds off of that, but his real talent on the court comes from his athleticism and his own game.

I'm not saying that Sheed isn't a good teammate, by any means. But I really don't see him stepping it up into a leadership role. I mean the guy got suspended for too many technical fouls. Sheed is an emotional leader, but not really a leader by example.

Chauncey is a leader, simply because he is the PG. And the PG is like the coach on the floor. And because he has shown, in the past, the ability to hit the big shot. I think Chauncey is what is more traditionally considered to be a "leader".

Of course, we're all just blowing smoke here, since none of us really know.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

on a random sidenote, i saw sheed at mainstreet billiards saturday night

the leader = chauncey by default