Who Will Pistons Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Krowe, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Krowe

Krowe First Round Draft Pick

Bringing in Kwame Brown was a great move, but it has given them an extra player in the line up. The 3 forward-center players are Antonio McDyess, Jason Maxiel, and Amir Johnson. Common sense is to trade one of them. Jason Maxiel is the first big off the bench and the team loves him. Coach Curry has promised Amir Johnson that he WILL play leaving McDyess as the one to trade. Despite the fact that Antonio can flat out score we can all say he isn't getting any younger. He is a veteran now which is very key in winning a championship (Celtics and PJ Brown). I expect the Pistons to trade Antonio to a team for a solid back up SF to help Tayshaun Prince. What do you think?
  2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

McDyess simply won't net anything worth trading him over. Maxiell might get us a mid-first round pick. I'd be willing to bet one of Max/Amir is going to sweeten a deal involving one of Tayshaun/Rasheed. Either way, I think our roster is pretty much set.
  3. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

What makes you think he has to trade one of them?
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    My thoughts exactly.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

editteam :)
  6. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Back-up Prince? Why not the other way around? I think Prince would be a great 6th man. Package one of either Dyess/Max/Amir with a 1st rd pick or maybe two of our 2nd rd picks for a starting SF.
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'd prefer Tayshaun/Chauncey.

We'll be the same team until the trade deadline though. Trading a guy while he's representing our country in Beijing just doesn't show tact.
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

So if one of our guys doesn't want to be traded he should start making meals on wheels deliveries? 'Cause I don't think yanking a guy off his route is very tactful either.

Who's going to bring grandma her stuffed cabbage and meatloaf?

Seriously, I don't think it's all that bad. It isn't as if Joe is going to announce the trade on the jumbotron during a medal game, complete with a picture of Tay with his new teams jersey photoshopped in. :)
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:cheers:
  10. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG]

hey, no one said that Yao and Ronnie won't fall out
  11. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Aw man, that doesn't look right.

Still want Prince in a Pistons jersey.

Kick out Chauncey.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have been saying the same thing since the Pistons exit in May. Why does he need a backup? He could have been the back up and the first or second man off the bench and still got 25 minutes to boot. Then maybe he would be fresh to handle the other teams key scorer in crunch time. But alas it is probably too late to get or find that starting SF now.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Fresh...Fresh...WTF, the dude didn't even play 35mpg last season. He got enough rest, when are y'all going to accept Tayshaun's limitations. He appeared to be a great defender when he had 2 YOUNG Wallaces behind him 4 years ago!!!!!
  14. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Piston is a great starter both ends. He is the only player who logged tons of minutes day in day out for the last 6 years. He averages nearly 40 minutes every year. Tay must not be traded and should remain a starter IMO

15. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Tay is a great starter both ends. He is the only player who logged tons of minutes day in day out for the last 6 years. He averages nearly 40 minutes every year. Tay must not be traded and should remain a starter IMO

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why, are you a Cleveland fan?
  17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Curry can move Tay to 6th, just like Gregg did to Manu. But then again Manu is 31 (and balding), while Tay is still 28.
  18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

On the floor, it is a zero-sum game. What is gotten, is also taken away from someone. He needs those minutes for protection.

It should be noticed that this particular position has a very heavy influence on the piston's approach toward the offensive end. You have 3 starters (Sheed, CB and Tay) who are very comfortable playing the perimeter game. Thus, the middle is porous. Let us not forget, that Rip is very busy creating movement along his distinctive path, which frees him up for the inevitable quick-facing shot.

Dyess is very similar to Rip, in the fact that he needs that quick facing shot to maintain his offensive threat. Unfortunately for him, he is not quick, agile or distinctive enough to create new offensive moves which might be created as out-take patterns from the the wings: one side reserved for Rip's movement and the other from Tay's. Inch-for-inch, he is his your main rebounder. This is his number one priority.

This obviousness is certainly not lost on JD: hence, the reason for KB. He will be used as an athletic, youthful presence in the middle (and staying around the paint area), superb quickness for setting P/R and then getting back into the middle for his main role of rebounder and scrapper.

It does seem to me, that the potential of stability around the paint is being addressed, which has to be met before tackling those problematic wing areas. This is in a testing stage, but you have to begin somewhere.

Slow, but sure, some things are being addressed. I did criticized JD last year when he should have made a winter trade. The problem has not gone away and delay entrenches lost potential for creative options. Sometimes, movement for the sake of movement, does create unforeseen links that leave room for adaptation.

In a sense, does the solid fan base feel comfort in saying: Fifty wins and we are not a lottery team.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe Kwame will be better at handling passes in the Pistons offense vs. Kobe's offense.
  20. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

The triangle offense was supposedly made for people like Kwame. :hoops: