Who Will Pistons Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Krowe, Jul 30, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

If the question is who will and not who should then I would have to go with either Prince or Billups. Namely since they were the ones involved in all the trade rumors and most rumors do have some element of truth to them.

I am fine with Prince staying as long as his mins are slightly cut and if he is willing to lightenup on his iron man streak. There have been times when he should sat out and it ended up being to the detriment of the team since he never got healthy for the post-season. I mean is it worth it?

On CB, we will have to see how Stucky is doing and how CB handles knowing that he may be playing with his own replacement. Things like that can kill a team.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Probably nobody.

It is becoming more apparent as time passes that Joe has about as much of an overinflated opinion of the "core" group as they have of themselves.

No way he is ever going to get any sort of reciprocity from another team based on the fantasy-land ideas he has of his players worth.

This summer may be the point we look back on one day when we realize that Joe was a contributing factor in regards to the starters ego issues.

3. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

It has come to our attention that Joe will not make anymore moves this off-season in regards to the core.

4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Source?

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Common Sense j/k

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

not really.......

7. max

max All-Star

It is what it is. Going to come back with the same team this year and hope for something different.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's definately better than going back with Flip and the same team hoping or a different result.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We have no idea if that is true at this point. Curry could be a disaster as a head coach.

11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Your might have more of a case if Currie was not part of the huddle. He certainly knows the personality quirks of the team and if no change is forthcoming, will have some useful insight on furthering his job security.

You can bet that is not lost on JD. Flip and Curry are obviously different personalities: approach objective game tactics differently (advantage Flip) and will relate to team personalities differently (advantage Curry).

My thinking (on the latter point), is how deep the advantage JD hopes via the layer called, melanin. This head coaching shift is an outreach for JD. Sheed picked up on this immediately.

All this may create a new meaning of closeness for JD. Their will be short leashes for everyone and the longest will be Curry's. Given the shortness and unmotivated results from the last few years one wonders on the first tangle of chains. Like all tangled messes, it takes time to untangle the crossovers, although JD now has it all on his shoulders. Perry is no Hammond. Flip got his victories. And jaded long rides home still might be on JD's mind.

JD's wait period is still to his advantage (if it ultimately results in front line changes)... with some limitations. There is that double-edged sword: it works against Curry.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Now that's common sense..........

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What's realistically left out there to trade for ?
    Anything is better than the regular season championship coach. I won't cry over less wins in the reg season if i see the type of play that leads to better PO performances.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Since when has moving the ball and guarding the other team led to winning championships?

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL

The reason why i'm a 100% more confident with Curry over Flip (and anybody over Flip really) . . .

True Blue Pistons

That this is actually a debatable point; not the usual starters must finish game BS.

The fact that we will finally see different lineups, and be able to take advantage of the versatility of the roster. IMO, the problem isn't the roster, it's the fact that we had the same predicable line-ups game in and game out even down to when the bench (and who) came in. Someone who will take risks will be a breath of fresh air, and allow us to really see if this team has "it" or not.

Also, the fact that Curry is all sunshine and roses about the starting 4 returning shows that he doesn't think that was the main problem and there were other "issues", and he would know better than any of us.