Who Will Take More Shots Per Game?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 19, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AI or CA? JR is the long shot.

I would assume AI will be bringing the ball up. How long before CA wants a trade?

Place your bets

:hoops:

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

if AI is smart he will give the rock up to Mello.

3. buddahfan

We will see.

It is worth noting that over their career's Miller is averaging about 1.25 more assists than AI and shooting about .030 better. Some of that assist differential can be attributed to the fact that over the last couple of years Miller has played with CA.

Personally I don't see how this trade helps Denver. I think it was a dumb trade for them. Now I am no big fan of Miller either but I just don't see how Denver is going to get better by adding a guy that can't shoot but takes a lot of shots to get his points when they already have two scorers (CA and Smith were the top scoring duo in the league before Denver got AI).

I am totally in the minority on this issue and have been from the time that someone suggested trading C-Bill for AI.

Enough said on this for now. We will of course all see how it plays out. Denver may be fun to watch but I still put them behind. The Alamos, The Cubans, The Murfs, The Fakers and The Mormons which in my book makes them 6th seed in the West.

:hoops::hoops:

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It should be a fun project for Karl to implement. I'd say they are better than the Fakers.

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

AI.

Melo was not very aggresive at the beginning of his career.

AI has had the green light since he entered the league. Old habits die hard.

6. buddahfan

They have more talent in their starting five than the Fakers even with lefty in the lineup, but the Zeinmeister is worth about +5 on the coaching scale vs ton 4 ton. (since Karl is a fatter version of Brown; i.e, both Tar Heels we can call Karl ton 4 ton)

:hoops:

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think AI will be the model citizen to start out... distributing the ball... then as soon as there's a hint of losing he'll become more selfish.
    They'll both be a headache to stop

8. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

AI

He's the steal king, so he will just steal the ball from carmello:hoops:

9. max

max All-Star

I think it will depend on how they are doing in the 15 games that Carmello is out. AI will be the guy for those 15 games.

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Absolutely. This will be a very big advantage for AI and the whole team. It will give them a chance to see how AI reacts and is able to create movement and openings for the others. And rest assured that AI will do both in excellent fashion.

The pressure will be huge on AI and he is one of the few who can handle it. JR will be back and then in the flow with AI and the team comfort will level out. Melo coming back should also have the same effect and he will have much to prove. I suspect he will back off (which is a very good mature way of handling it) from any confrontation with AI. AI will provide structure...actually, Melo will now need this more than anyone on the team. AI will set the rhythm for the club and Karl is a good enough coach to demand that this happen.

Coe mentioned that they will have a tough time winning and will be around (during the suspension period) .500. I think just the opposite. But in a sense, this is rather a moot point. The key is that AI will have center stage (I don't mean this in a negative way) and the team will be forced to adapt to his talent. Everyone gets some adaptive breathing room and this can work to their advantage come playoff time.

This will be a very tough team.

Take away the superstar(s) and this is the same methodology I am hoping the pistons take.

11. max

max All-Star

pass99 - I agree, .500 is a stretch. They are 14-9 now. They are gettting a much better point guard and a better all around lead player ( for the next 15 games ).

Then when Melo gets back he will not want to stick out and do anything stupid. So I would imagine he will be cool with less shots. Same for AI. AI wants to win above all else or why would he have asked for a trade in the 1st place? I would guess around 25 PPG for both players.

Where they may bump heads is at the end of close games. Both players are going to want the rock. Now they have 2 options, 2 heads are better than one if its managed properly.

Almost going to be tough waiting out these 15 games to see what will happen.

12. max

max All-Star

Also, Melo could not have asked for a better time for this trade to happen. AI has a lot of respect from players around the league and I can see him sticking up for his new teammate and helping him smooth over the slap and run incident, at least amoung the other players in the league..

13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Already the national sports media is all about the AI trade to Denver, instead of Carmelo's meltdown in the brawl. The star power of AI will really help smooth over the Carmelo media feeding frenzy. Everyone is moving on to "How will Carmelo and AI play together?" I think this is good for Carmelo for sure. Plus AI is a veteran at being a superstar and handling adversity and media hype.

I like that Carmelo and AI may put the sticks in the spokes of the championship wheels of Wade Inc. and LeBrons Inc too.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What about the hit underground group called the "Anti-Stern 5"
    Featuring:
    Sheed Wallace on lead tech fouls.
    And anti-forwards Tay, I'd rather block than score, Prince and Fino, Piston DNA Euro, Delfino. [By way of Argentina of course]
    New comer JMax, the Brahma in the paint, Maxiel
    On lead assists Chauncey, Mr. Big Shot, Bup-Bup Billups
    And the most difficult man to cover in the NBA Richard, feets don't fail me now, RIP Hamilton. :cheerleader: