who would you like to see the pistons play next, wizards or cavs

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, May 2, 2006.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Just thinking about the next playoff series. We know within a shadow of a doubt that the pistons will move on to the next round.

The Wizards truly believe that they have solved the pistons puzzle and believe that they could beat us in a seven game series. Gilbert Arenas has already put it out on national television that the he would like to face the pistons in the playoffs.

He is still peeved with Flip about his palying time during the allstar game and feels that he has something to prove. The only thing Gil will prove is the butt whooping that the pistons are going to lay on him and run him out of the Verizon Center.

Let me preface the above comment with this little tidbit; the Pistons can not play the wizards soft or uninterested ala milwaukee bucks:eyebrows:

We need to put the pressure on and keep it on. If it's the cavs, I think we will have a much easier time, like the wizards they don't play a lot of defense, but the wiz have the long range gunners like the bucks, when Gil-twan-ron get hot they can shoot the lights out.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The way lebron has looked I'd be more worried of the cavs than wiz, but that's just me. I want cavs anyway.
  3. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

we seem to really struggle with players like Arenas. I would rather play the Cavs. I don't think either team could beat the Pistons in 7. However, if the wizards got hot they could send it to 6-7 games. Plus all the Games will be on a good station because Lebron is playing.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sheed owns Big Z.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

It`s not just Arenas that thinks the Pistons can win. It`s the whole town, except me and Dumars4ever...:laugh: . Seriously though, the Wiz believe they can honestly beat us - winning all three regular season games should give them confidence.

However, this team plays no defense. We could exploit that big time in a 7 game series. They have no answer for Sheed, Tay, or Dyess. If Arenas is off, they are in trouble.

I would like to face the Wiz but I think the Cav`s will win that series in 6 or maybe 7 games.

I thought I might check out a game here if the Pistons come to the Verizon Center, after checking the ticket prices my HDTV will do just fine!!!:)
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll take the cavs
  7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Cavs. Ben Wallace owns LeBron and the Pistons usually do a good job on Z. I'd rather let Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden try to beat Detroit than play three Piston killers (Arenas, Butler, and Daniels) and another All-Star in Jamison.
  8. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am with you on the ticket prices at the verizon center. Abe Pollin has gone strak raving mad with the prices.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Doesn't matter. The Wiz will be another JV game because no one cares about them anymore than the Bucks, and the LeBron mania will be sickening.

Bring 'em on. Whoever.
  10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I agree.:nod:
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

I say bring on the Wiz. I want to see King James outta there. The playoffs are simply not big enough for he and Kobe both. Also, I want to see Gilbert Arenas demoralized. I was hoping to see the demoralization of Michael Redd in the current series, but it hasn't happened. Besides, the Wiz has played well against Detroit. I want to see that trend reversed on a bigger stage.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm thinking the easiest matchup for the Pistons is the Cavs. I'm tired of small, quick, good shooting guards.

But, I have called for the Wiz to win.
  13. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

The Cavs know, deep down, they can't beat us. The Wizards think they can. I want Washington, so there's no doubt whatsoever.
  14. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Cavs.

It's the only assurance that we get a primetime broadcast. I'm afraid to pick up the phone at work for fear that I may have to travel outside of the Detroit area.
  15. Terry T

Terry T First Round Draft Pick

The way to beat the Pistons is to rebound, run and make lots of jump shots.

Washington can run and make jump shots but they would get killed on the boards; Thomas, Haywood and Jamison can't compete with our bigs.

Cleveland doesn't match up well at all. Their outside shooting is weak and Ben, Sheed and McDyess own their bigs. LeBron gives them their only favorible match up. The bad thing about playing Cleveland is Tayshuan playing huge minutes guarding LeBron. A possible good thing is that all the LeBron hype might start to get on the Pistons nerves and cause them to play angry.

I want to se us play Cleveland. I want to see LeBron do great things, get all the hype and get swept in four.
  16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Beating Cleveland would be easy - just activate Amir Johnson so he can take advantage of LeBron's "older legs." :)
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah plus he can jump higher ;D detroit news article today said he jumped over one of the 6'4" coaches...leapfrogged on his shoulders and cleared his head
  18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The Wizards have been roughly even on the boards with the Pistons all year, especially with the offensive rebounding they get because our guards can't contain dribble penetration.

Also consider that their three best rebounders are PF Antawn Jamison (who is unarguably a better rebounder than Rasheed), and swingmen Caron Butler and Jared Jeffries, who are matched up against two awful rebounders in Rip and Tay.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Washington does match up with the Pistons better than Cleveland does, but the Wiz defense is so atrocious that I think it's probably a wash. Doesn't matter to me which of these teams we play.
  20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

tough call here actually

i'd rather see the wiz for a couple reasons. 1)i think the harder team to beat in a series might be better psychologically for our Pistons, who seem to need to stay interested in the challenge. so i'd rather have the team they will all have to play consistent D against.keep them on their collective playoff toes.2)on a personal level, i'm sick of LeBron mania and i'm also seriously worried that Presumed Heir Apparent being groomed by the NBA and the media is going to get every call from the refs for the next 15 years. i'd rather see the Cavs go out this year because i've a bad feeling that we are going to be watching them in many many many more playoff games in the future if LeBron stays there.

i hope i'm not tempting fate hoping for the Wizards. i understand they are a great shooting team and the tougher matchup. i just think it's better for our Pistons to play the hardest team for them even if it means the series goes longer.