Who would you trade for Rubio?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Laimbrane, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Right now, it appears as if the Pistons have three possible starting shooting guards (Stuckey, Hamilton, Bynum) and no point guard. I believe Rubio is the real deal, and as he's only 18, he'd be here for a long time.

Personally, I'd trade Hamilton and a conditional first next year for Rubio, Cardinal, Madsen, (for the salary dump - Cardinal is making $6 million a year!) and a second next year. Think the Wolves would take me up on that?
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not a chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks do the Wolves go for that trade.
  3. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Rubio...i wish but it require a lot of managament work(knicks have improved chances from here) in order to convince rubio people to go motown. If joe convinced him,showed his future project and offered players in return to wolves, all is posible.
    Ricky buy out finish in two years, his team need money because has financial problems but can wait one more year.
    Is a future very good basketball player,can play together rodney and gordon(or rip),like isiah,joe and viny but pistons fans,we don´t know joe dumards project,if he can wait one year,find private institutions to pay rubio buy out,or he don´t need a true PG like rubio.

There´s a lot of options,but if new york with his actual week roster can deal for rubio,it´s not difficult have rubio´s nba rigths to detroit. i prefer rubio here than los angeles,houston or big apple jejeje:MusicBigGrin:
  4. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

They would ask for Stuckey. Which looks like a pretty good trade.
  5. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Since when did we start considering Bynum a SG? And how would he be in consideration to start at the 2 over who we have (Stuckey, Rip)? He's 6 ft, 185 for cryin' out loud!?!??
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rubio skipped the Wolves new player introduction yesterday and is rumored to be staying in Europe.
  7. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

I don't think I'd want him. He seems like he's going to be a pain to deal with. Plus he doesn't fit our style of basketball.
  8. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Did not attend the new player intro in Minnesota even after the favor of drafting him 5 when they could have drafted him at 6. He's a great guy....puts his name in the draft and wants to pick to his NBA team or threatens to go back to Europe and play for the team he filed a law suit against.

His mom wants him in the NBA but his father wants him to stay in Spain...Think his mom and dad need to sit down and come to a decision for him..

Like Dumars said.....No more drama in Detroit

Jose Calderon is much better.
  9. Latinoking90

I wasn't aware the Piston had a identity, but okay.

Spain started Rubio over Calderon in the Olympics. Spain wrong?
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think he'd start for us over Rip and Stuckey, but I do feel his more natural position is SG.

I know it will never happen, but I really like Rubio's future.
  11. Latinoking90

Detroit is more than a good enough market.

Look at this ranking by Forbes.

Detroit Pistons is 4th. Behind New York Knicks (1st), Los Angeles Lakers (2nd), Chicago Bulls (3rd).

NBA Team Valuations - Forbes.com

And think back to those old Isiah Thomas and Grant Hill commercials.
  12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I would give consideration to trading Stuckey for him, but only because I think if we had a playmaking point, and added a couple bigs (Boozer, Chandler?), it would be a better fit.

That, and I don't think we've got anything else that they would want. It's a tough call. I would pretty easily offer anyone outside of Rodney.
  13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Let's see. Girly hair, girly looking, girly jumpshot. Flashy passer. Slow. I would trade Amir Johnson for Rubio, but Amir has the better jumpshot. This is a tough call. Too bad Joe traded Amir already.
  14. blackhawk

The starter is always better than the players coming off the bench..huh..It follows that Bruce Bowen is better than Manu Ginobili...Antoine Wright is better than Jason Terry...Jason Kidd is better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams and so on...

That said, I'm not sure what Calderon's role was (6th man?) on the Spanish team or what his relationship was like with the coaching staff..I like what Calderon brings to the table and I've watched Calderon play plenty......Calderon takes care of the ball very well and I wonder how many turnovers a player like Rubio could produce based on his YouTube sensation videos. Jose is also a great shooter..

Rubio at this point is nothing more than someone who did well in the olympics. His stock would have probably fallen had he decided to enter the draft in a few years. The very fact that he did well in the Olympics is the reason why he decided to go into the NBA draft with 2 years and $7.7 million left on his contract with DKV Joventut.

Maybe he is not a cry baby and there is another side to the story...
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

These guy's kill me trying to make all types of demands after they are drafted. These guy's coming from timbuck too should be thankful they are getting the opportunity to play in the NBA with any team. Rubio should be happy he got drafted. Play his rookie contract out and then in 3 or 4 years go where ever he wants. I can't stand it when these guy's want to cherry pick where they go when they have not done squat in the league to earn that right.

I would not trade anyone for Rubio because I doubt he would want to play here and secondly the guy thinks he is bigger than the team. Finally, I think Rubio is over rated.
  16. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Rubio is playing at high level since 3 half years in acb league, he was the best player of european cadet 2006 against russian team ,making 51 points,24 rebounds and 12assist in final game of spanish team. Winning to russia.
    Has player against profesinal players since 15 years old,playing well in the second league in the world and the euroleague.
    You say "rubio at this point is nothing more than someone who did well in the olympics" ?
    In olympics ricky obiously begin the third PG of spain,but when final arrived calderon was injured and ricky was the second with his little body,experience...and played starter against your national team,but olympics was little experience,real experience is to play acb(spanish league) play offs year by year,european competition year by year,a lot of games against the better player of old continent with 15/16 years old playing a lot minutes leading a team toguether rudy fernandez... not 8 o 10 games in beijing as second point guard of spanish team.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]
  18. blackhawk

His stock was high and was drafted high because of his performance in the Olympics....The fact that he has played in the Euro league and Spanish league has little effect on his NBA stock in my opinion..
  19. foo55

foo55 Second Round Draft Pick

Truly only your opinion. Rubio has been on the scene much longer than since last summer.
  20. max

max All-Star

The situation reminds me too much of Darko. How can a player be so well hyped at only 18? Especially from a foreign market. Sometimes it translates into the NBA and sometimes it does not. I am just glad we did not have a high enough pick to have picked him. Yes at 15 if he was still there I would consider it but.