Who would you trade for Rubio?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Laimbrane, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

No bias here! You could also chose a Sven, Dolph or maybe an Inga! :pound:

2. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

I see this guy all this seasson,last two weeks european champion(paok) eliminated of euroleague by barça in atenas...maroussi defeated one week after in atenas...and 10 days before, winning Copa del Rey against real madrid in final(copa del rey is play in 4 days 3 games).
    Rubio has travelled this month in his particular rookie curve but last sunday returned to play very well in acb game against Blancos Rueda Valladolid after not very good games. He is young still too young to play 3 competitions(acb league,euroleague and copa del rey week end) in a short time period like starter. Rubio like barcelona only need some rest after this acumulation of very important games.
    Barcelona has won 43 o 46 games this year,it´s not easy to star and play well all the games,Xavi Pascual(barcelona coach) has a rotation 10 players and 3 ponit guards since this week, when Lubos Barton has return to team after 6 months of injury.
    I wish we have rubio or other real point guard in order to complement Rodney Stuckey style of minessota. Or we got Al Jeferson trading and cousins or other big young in draft.

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This kid was the starting PG at the age of 16 in the World Championships for SPAIN! They're one of the top national teams in the world. This guy has the potential to be the next Steve Nash when he finally comes to the NBA. If we can somehow get this kid we should do it. Even if we can't use him properly, he'd be a great trade asset.

4. NEPTUNEDI

NEPTUNEDI Second Round Draft Pick

the new steve Nash? come on, what are you talking about.
    I am from Greece and since the last years in Europe , we have played a lot with Spain (and lose) , i have sawn this Kid a lot. but tell me something who was the best PG in last years' european cup? Rubio? no. Teontosits of course. I really like the Spanish team a lot. but playing next to a super player (Gasol ) all the others look very good p. Gasol elevates all the Spanish team, and even a kid with no shooting strike is at no3 (?) of the Draft.

on the other hand I agree that Rubio fits to the Detroit line up, but every PG in the world fits to Pistons, we do not have any.
    He is not Chris Paul, he is not williams and he will never be.
    I saw Barcelona winning Panathinaikos some weeks before, a crucial and well played game, but i saw a great Navaro but no Rubio.

We have to get Devin Harris, and give anything except Rip.
    And of course inside scoring. our team now is redicoulous. 4 first class SGs , no point guard. we send out on of the best defenders (Sheed) because we did not like his attitude anymore and we get an awful softy like CV.We did not sign Dyess and we still have Brown. what can we say about this team, it is a mess.
    and the only thing we do is to blame the old ones (Tay,Rip) because we did get bored of them. It is the same logik with Sheed thing. I think both are great players, but they are playing in the more Dizzy and frustrated team ever in Detroit.

As for Rubio, we are going to see him and evaluate better in the Euroleague's final four against Childress, Kleiza and Sofo. Olympiakos rocks right now. Fun to watch. Childress is the man in Euroleague this year.

5. Walter

Isn't that the sad sad truth?

You make an excellent point. We complain about these guys all the time, but right now the top players on this team are the remaining ones from the '04 squad. Well, you can add JJ to that mix.

6. Walter

I said potential to become, not that he is the next Nash. Keep in mind that Nash hasn't become the two-time MVP in this league until he moved to Phoenix. He is still a liability in defense, but he makes up for it in so many other ways.

To be honest, I only watched Rubio during the World Championships. So, I'll take the word of the guys who follow Euro basketball like yourself and Carlos. I'm gonna have to check out this Teontosits.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's hard to objectively judge the Pistons' "top players" based on this injury-riddled season, but Hollinger player rating statistic PER currently ranks 332 NBA players. The top Pistons are:

106th Stuckey - 15.77
    113th Villenueva - 15.38
    115th Wallace - 15.28
    119th Hamilton - 15.05
    147th Prince - 14.29
    160th Bynum - 13.76
    166th Jerebko - 13.66
    186th Gordon - 13.29
    197th Maxiel - 12.88

A couple of notes:

* The league average PER = 15.00

* With no Pistons in the top 105 players, it's obvious why the Pistons win-loss record sucks.

* With Villenueva leading most of the Pistons, it's obvious that defense isn't a significant factor in the PER formula.

8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

PER is an okay stat, but the fact that it doesn't measure defense and that it's a per minute stat makes it less valuable. Guys who play 20 minutes a night should not be compared to 35 minute a night players.

9. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

then why is Ben Wallace a 15.28? lol

10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Ben Wallace has the highest offensive rating on the team as well as the most offensive win shares.

I can't really explain how that is though. lol

11. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

Maybe it just has a lot to do with FG%. But i dunno if free throw percentage has an affect, i'd assume not because low FT% ≠ high offensive rating. Unless maybe it's the amount of times he gets fouled has more of an impact. If that's the case, it'd make more sense.

I'm not much of an in-depth stats guy though...

12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

TaShaun has posted about this somewhere. I'm too lazy to go find it now, but I thought I would give him props.

13. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

I would give anything for Rubio,becouse he's our needed true PG and he will be an all-star in his years in NBA.I want to say that I have a little hate for the spanish basketball players and their NT,but I give credit when there is.Rubio is a great young player and he's not overrated.I saw him playing a lot of this year and what he is doing is mind blowing.

First he's playing in the best team in Europe and he's the starting PG.
    Second Barca is playing like in NBA schedule so you can see the ups and downs in his game,but there are more ups then downs.
    Third a lot of people talk about great rookies playing in a bad team,but they don't know what it means to play in a good team and having the pressure to play good or you will be banched,becouse you can't make mistakes when a trophy is on the line.

14. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Like someoe said befor..

It's not that we need Rubio.

We Need ANY TRUE POINT GUARD.

Lucky for us, 2009 draft had a lot of them.

Tyreke Evans (PG/SG) Impossible to get.
    Stephen Curry (PG) Impossible to get.
    Brandon Jennings (PG) Impossible to get.
    Jonny Flynn (PG) Possible to get.
    Darren Collison (PG) Don't know if it's impossible, but if New orleans decides to keep him, they will trade Chris Paul, and maybe we can land him, not cheap, of course, it will cost us a lot, but Chris Paul is one of the best PG RIGHT NOW.
    Ty Lawson (PG) Possible.
    Jrue Holiday (PG) I think it will be hard to get, but he is too young and it will be a good player to watch.
    Toney Douglas (PG) Possible

And there are players like Jeff Teague, A.J. Price, Pattrick Mills or Eric Maynor who still don't have the chance to show what can they do in the NBA.

And there is a lot of YOUNG back-up Point guards (of other drafts) with great level in other teams..

I'm talking about George Hill, Goran Dragic, Jerryd Bayless (PG/SG) among others..

We Don't need JUST Rubio, we need one of the Above + Will Bynum from the Bench.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like the idea of trading Rip for Ty Lawson. Then Joe can move to Denver and pick up where he left off in 2007.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Classic.....:pound:

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wonder if Joe and Dantley are friends.....I think AD was mad at the Piston players and management for trading him away 1989....if Joe was move there could they coexist? Maybe Joe should have offered him the job instead Curry last season. :sssh:

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Joe and AD were super tight. Dantley was his best friend on the team until he was traded.

I thought the same thing about AD today Dre. Great minds...

19. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

True PG?From your list only Jrue Holiday,Darren Colinson and Ty Lawson fit the catagory.Evans is a SG who can play the PG spot,but you don't want him to run the game;Curry in GSW anyone can be your PG,but he's a shooter.Brandon again another shooting PG who likes shooting then passing more,but he will develop into a true PG in a few years,becouse now he's looking to set up his guys when he's having a bad shooting night and that mentality will set in a few years even,if he's having a great shooting night.Johnny Flynn just hard to say anything about him,he's trying to do good things,but Wolfs are just broken as a team and the Triangle Offensive with that players doesn't work.

20. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

hello, I leave this video game yesterday barcelona cash and labor. They played Ricky Rubio, Juan Carlos Navarro and Fran Vazquez in Barcelona and thiago splitter, Teletović, walter hermann marcelinho gardens or working in the caja laboral.
    The video is 8 minutes, and focuses on the 20 minutes that he played Ricky Rubio. Member spanish forum have posted today at a forum of Spain so I hope you enjoy it.
    It was a great game between the two finalists of the last two years of the Spanish league and the first two of the classification.
    It is worthy of barcelona victory because the caja laboral was undefeated in his field for over 20 months in the league.

YouTube - Ricky Rubio at Caja Laboral (5/5 to 3) - 20-03-2010