Who's next?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Jul 29, 2006.

?

Who's next to be picked apart by the Forum Members?

1. Rip

6.3%
  2. Tayshaun

6.3%
  3. Sheed

50.0%
  4. Dyess

6.3%
  5. Dale Davis

12.5%
  6. Amir

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Acker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Hunter

6.3%
  9. Joe D

12.5%
  10. Davidson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I'll start this thread and let it run its course.

Chauncey and Delfino and Ben and Flip (Big Flip) and JMax are off limits... they've got their own threads.

And the new guys are too new.

So, my question is, of the remaining players from last year's roster, who gets to be the next one ripped on by many, and defended by few?
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Who is Dale Davis? Does he play with the Toledo Mudhens?
  3. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Dale Davis is a big tall film maker. He is a Hollywood bench warmer. And he is getting pretty old. But he is ok by me. Did anyone see his movie? It was about a young player who get charged in a paternity suit.
  4. easybuckets

Or Rip and that darn mask.. He got his braids cut off too. Whats up with that . Is it a new trend? Is he trying to show off? What nerve.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

He's not on the list, but I bet once the preseason starts, Nazr is going to have to walk on water, or he's finished in the forums.

In fact, seems like he's already been torn apart, and he hasn't played a minute in the Pistons uniform.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He's my NO BEN WALLACE!
  7. easybuckets

I believe Ronald Flip Murray also has his own nasty thread. So he won"t need a new one. Will we turn on George Blaha next? I do hate Marv Albert because I do believe he is a perv who bites and wears lace garters and wigs. He got fired for it but got another job..Long live the NBA. Or how about Danny Crawford and some of the older refs who were caught turning in their first plane tickets bought by the league. Then they would pocket the $ and fly coach. Too bad they got charged with tax evasion by not reporting the many thousands in income.. The league fired them too but after a year gave them their jobs back.. Can refs like that be trusted to be fair.. I don't think so.
  8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I notice you've got Joe D. on this list, although the forum has done a fair amount of ripping already on him for Darko and Arroyo, Ben, Nazr and Murray and of course Flip.

If I'm going to blame somone it's usually the person with the most amount of power to influence events for better or worse. Had Joe chosen a different coach, we might not have lost Ben. I know, coulda shoulda woulda but I really do believe that Ben's basketball unhappiness had as much to do with him leaving as the money. Now we lost Ben and any Ben money we might have had if Joe had been more pro-active.
    We have the same scenario coming up with Chauncey in a year, and it really wouldn't surprise me to see the same scenario play out. So I don't have much faith in Joe, even though I know he put together our incredible team with underrated talent. Because I'm a fan and a forum member who needs to entertain herself in the offseason, I can say to "Joe, what have you done for me lately."
  9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i'm ready to defend the rest of the squad, the guys who have had a little ripping have probably deserved it to some extent. (apart from j-max).

should everyone stick up for delfino even though he continually talks rubbish in his local rag?

should everyone defend CB for bombing in the playoffs then complaining of tiredness, all this from a self-touted MVP?

should everyone say flip is a-ok, even though he showed no toughness, no leadership and no smart decisions, all the while helping to drive our best player out of the city?

ben's not a piston anymore so he's a free-for-all.

yes, we've highlighted some of these guys shortcomings, but we cheer for them all 100% when those boots are laced. a lot of peeps here are not afraid to call out someone for not performing, but thats the way it should be when you're paid to play a game we love for $10 mil a year.

go to any other nba teams forum and i don't think you'll find even one player spared from their criticism. i think we're pretty good most of the time. re: tay was very well defended by the forum a few weeks ago.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I wish Rip wouldn't go cold for 3 or 4 transistions; and when he does I wish he would drive and dish.
  11. max

max All-Star

He was signed to replace Camb as our Shaq defender off the bench.
  12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Definately Joe D, if Flip and Nazr stink it up, no one will defend them. But if we start tanking next year, there will be a ton of people criticizing Joe, and a ton of people defending him.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Prince doesn't deserve criticism, so I voted for him.
  14. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I'm not saying they walk on water, but Tayshaun and Rip have both consistantly down what their positons demand and have done so with little or no dropoff.

I'm not saying they're perfect by any means, but the do what they should do and seem to make good decisions.

To me it's Sheed, then Dyess.

They're next in line in my book.
  15. easybuckets

Dyess has been Super in my opinion and is above criticism. Remember that everyone was afraid to take a chance on him.. But not Joe.
  16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Some will find some past dirt on another piston player any day now. Since most people have issues in their past that they probably will like to forget or regret, it should not be so hard to find.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

:laugh: That was actually a sarcastic knock on Flip because he was left off the list :mad: