Why do you think you can beat Boston so easily?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KarmasComing, May 18, 2008.

1. KarmasComing

KarmasComing First Round Draft Pick

Reading the board all I see is people predicting this series will be a cake walk?

You lost 3 out of 4 games to them in the regular season and let me tell you right now, The NBA is doing everything they can to fix a Celtic Lakers final.

Paul Pierce gets to the line when he coughs and the blatant cheating the refs give the Celtics at home is so disgusting that I can't believe how invisible it is to the naked eye.

I bet you can tell I am not a Pistons fan but what I am is a huge hater of the Boston Celtics. They need to be brought down and I would sell my soul to have that happen but to be truthfully honest as much as I would love to see that happen I don't see it happening by the Pistons.

I have no problem eating crow so I hope you prove me wrong.

Key to the series is winning game 1 or 2. It is a must win
  2. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

We only played 3 games against them in the regular season.

I don't think it's going to be easy but we can definitely definitely win this series. A number of their guys are pretty obviously fatigued. The Pistons have mostly gotten better as a team since the Playoffs started - the opposite has happened for the celtics.

I agree with you about winning game 1 or 2 though. It should be a gooood series.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Karmas who are you a fan of?
  4. KarmasComing

I don't have a team to root for. I used to love the Celtics before Danny Ainge was hired. Now I hate them more then I hate anything in this world and they need to be taken out.

They cannot get to the Finals. I can't live in this town and deal with that.

The Celtics owners, GM and members of their team plus their bandwagon fans need to be taken out. They are cocky enough to deal with when they barely win game 7's in series they should have had done in 4 games. If they get to the Finals I am going to have to move.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Sheed is going to have to keep his composure as KG will get his share of calls. It will be an important factor in this series. But overall I am not sure that officials are going to be biased. Sure, NBA wants Boston-LA final, but it may just be Pistons-SA. We'll have to wait and see.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Welcome to the Forum. You need to get to know The Low. You guys will get along great.:MusicBigGrin:
  7. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

SA/Boston yes............SA/Pistons no.

If it looks like a SA/Pistons Final it might be some freaky calls going on for real, for real..........
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound: Oh man, as soon as I saw Karmas' post I was thinking the exact same thing! :pound::pound::pound:
  9. jammertime

I definitely don't think the series will be a cake walk. However, if we had to play the Celtics, now is the perfect time to be playing them. Coming off back to back 7 game series, having not won on the road in the playoffs, tired and appearing to have low confidence.

But the Celtics are a very talented and dangerous team. They have 3 different players that can single handedly take over and win a game. They also have home court advantage, which of course means that they could go 0-for-3 in Detroit and still win the series.

Nope, this will be a battle. I just hope that the Pistons treat it as such.
  10. KarmasComing

Who is this "The low" and how do I sound like him?
  11. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

During the season the Celtics finished ahead of the Pistons in almost all offensive categories. During the playoffs, we have turned the tables statistically. They are tired and we are rested. Our playoff play, and subsequent results have been better. We're improving with each week we play. Boston is barely hanging on. Cleveland figured out the Celtics during their series, they just didn't have the talent to finish the deal. The Piston scouts saw what Cleveland saw as they scouted the series. Our focused Pistons will beat the Celtics in game one and will continue to improve as the series goes on. The Celtics will wilt. They have had a nice run but they must now face DEEEEEtroit Basketttttball !!!
    Plus, we got Flip Saunders.........:stirthepot:
  12. jammertime

The Low is a die hard Pistons fan who would like to see Flip Saunders die hard. :MusicBigGrin:
  13. KarmasComing

But I don't hate Flip Saunders. I'll buy him a freaking mansion if he beats the Celtics for me.
  14. Nemo

If we win in 4, can you buy me a Condo in Florida.:pound:
  15. KarmasComing

If I had the money and the Pistons won this series I would buy you anything you want but rich I am not.
  16. Nemo

I knew (figured) that. That's why I posted this :pound: guy...
  17. jammertime

No, but you hate Danny Ainge the way that the Low hates Flip Saunders. Same hatred, different teams.

Substitute "Danny Ainge" for "Flip Saunders" and "Celtics" for "Pistons" in your post below and you've got yourself any one of the Low's 1800 posts! :pound:

18. KarmasComing

Not only do I despise Danny Ainge but I have every stupid thing he has ever said tucked in my brain to use against him.

If the Celtics lose this series you will see the quote

"Winning playoff rounds is not enough" every time I post. This was the quote he used when getting rid of the team that went to the ECF.

This is why he needs to lose this series. This is the Karma I have been searching for. You must win this series.
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:I love your energy! And that quote is the best!
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the Pistons win game 1, it may be enough psychologically to take the Celtics out of the series. Remember game 1 of the finals vs the Fakers in 04?? They never recovered.