Why I Hate The K. Garnett Trade

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jul 31, 2007.

1. raw36

raw36 First Round Draft Pick Forum Donor

Of the successful "all-star" teams, there seems to be one dominant personality holding sway over egos, team chemistry and the winning attitude. Jordan, Bird, Magic, Isaiah, Duncan, Big Ben. They seemed to have their teammates' respect and commitment to play hard every game. And I think they rightfully earned that respect.

Will Pierce and Allen step aside for KG to be the leader of the new-look Celtics? I'd say yes. KG should be primed to win and, like the Pistons of 04, extremely hungry (VC pales in comparison). If they are healthy, they'd be tough.

But I don't think we Pistons fans should be worried much. The Pistons are known to play to the level of the competition. Since the East is better now (well, at least I think the C's and the Knicks are better off), maybe this is just what we need to keep the team on its toes.

2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Darko, Arroyo, Delfino,

I wonder if Kevin and Danny made this trade with the idea of both of them making a comeback as the fourth and fifth players on the team. Pippen wants a job too. Sprewell might want a few minutes as well. Reggie Miller too.

All kidding aside, these three guys for Boston are going to be extremely hungry. They know now is the time if there ever was one, and they do not want to all three go out remembered as losers; although I don't perceive them that way. Just the fear of that thought though is going to light a fire under them. All three are salivating going from a hopeless situation to having a tremendous opportunity. I hope our Pistons take them seriously. I agree with ggazoo. They are going to be fun to watch.

3. Buckeyes#1

Except against our Pistons of course.

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Well technically Aguirre was sort of a Paul Pierce/Ray Allen for the Dallas Mavericks before he came to Detroit. That would have made the Pistons at least a 4 man show....

It's compulsive, I have to argue the Pistons into being better than those other guys. :)

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Anyone who isn't afraid of this squad is fooling themselves. Celts win 50 games easy. Allen, Pierce and Garnett???? There isn't a better collection of 3 players in the league. Great basketball tradition, adequate coach, talent and hunger.... I'll definitely be watching those games.

6. NotoriousCPC

NotoriousCPC First Round Draft Pick

Comparing this supporting cast to Miami or anyone else is shortsighted I think. While Jason Williams, Antoine Walker, Udonis Haslem and Eddie Jones are not world beaters I think they're miles better than Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins and Brian Scalabrine.

This team is as thin as tissue paper and both Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are coming off of injury plagued seasons.

Remember they won only 24 games last year and that was with Jefferson providing 16 and 11. Taking into account everything they lost 74.3 points per game, 30.2 rebounds and 12.8 assists per game. So even if Allen and KG give you the 20-24 ppg and all of the offensive and defensive prowess that comes with them the team still needs help. And if Allen goes down with an ankle problem the double and triple teams will come fast and furious.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

that's a nice triplet Eyes
    you got alot of nerve.

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

So we can change the bet if you would like. Make an offer.

:hoops:

9. buddahfan

McHale Perish and Bird?

The Celtics best year was in 1985-86 when they won 67 games and the title.

In addition to McHale, Perish and Bird they had:

Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge, playing guard, both of whom were excellent perimeter defenders.

All of your other big three had at least one excellent defending guard, in some cases more than one.

The Celtics have ZERO perimeter defense as things now stand.

45 wins tops

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Can I add these 3?
    CB, Rip and Sheed

11. buddahfan

Why wouldn't they be fun to watch against our Pistons?

We are going to take them to school big time and the Boston press, including ESP, will put them in "the detention hall", after we get through with them.

That is going to be a blast to watch. LOL

12. Buckeyes#1

I don't always agree with you but good call Buckeye. The Celtic look quite hungry right now. They are going to be the East's most determined team. Three superstars that were stuck on losers, with no end in sight of any relief, all of a sudden being placed on the exact same team. What are the chances of that? These three players know and understand this may be their last chance to put to rest any doubt about their greatness, simply because they have never gone anywhere in the playoffs. This is what is going to drive the Celtics to a great year, barring any injuries of course. Piston players, you better be ready. Right now I see you as the #2 seed in competition with the hungriest team in the NBA as #1.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What is the over/under at this point in your mind?

14. buddahfan

Its history at this point. Closed case.

However I will go a six pack on the Hornets at Grizzlies tonight.

I will take the Hornets and give you 2 points.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How is the future history?

I doubted the Celtics new plan too. I'm just saying that after seeing this nice start by them, do you think they're for reals?

16. buddahfan

I still don't think that all 3 of the Big Three will stay healthy for the entire year.

Of course if the Celtics build up a great record before any of them get hurt they could wind up with a very good record.

Bottom line is if all 3 of the Big Three are healthy come playoff time it appears to me at this point that the Celtics will be competitive during the playoffs.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Excluding KG, Pierce, and Allen, the rest of the Celtics are shooting with an eFG% of 53.3% on the season.

So, their role players are kicking butt too.

Rondo is especially underrated with 2.3 steals/gm and 53% shooting.

I'm not sure if we would beat them in the playoffs or not.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What is this ESP you speak of? I remember someone (Darth?) predicting the arrival of ESP, but it has escaped me.

19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm with you Tashawn.

20. buddahfan

Sorry if I wasn't clear before but hopefully this post will clear it up.

Extra-sensory perception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ESP - Home