Why is Matt Millen still here??

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Hotsauce, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

He is to blame not entirely marriucci. Millen gave him players that dont fit in the WCO, and he gave too much money to very average free agents (coughcoughfernandobryantcough). He hasn't solidified the offensive line in the draft like he should. Signing Rick Demulling isnt gonna solve everything Matt. Isn't he on the bench now?? He called Johnnie Morton a %%%got:doh: , fired three coaches, and tells marriucci that he has to use Harrington:confused: , which ultimately sets you up for failure.

"This organization hasnt won in a very, very long time....and it took me a very long time to understand that...but i do understand it now"-Millen

wow AND he's a SLOOOW learner.

YOU have the worst record in football since you came here and here comes another 5 years:scared: of HE11 if you arent fired.

This was on another lions forum that I found...check it out...

www.millensucks.com
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Millen's here cuz the Fords are morons and re-up'd him for 5 years.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Millen just doesn't get it

The Lions have the worst record in the leauge since he took over, and all he does is changes coaches:doh: A good GM with some common sense and pride would have resigned for the good of the organization and not continue to be the butt of redicule throughout the league for his player and coaching moves. The Fords who can take part of the blame need to eat Millen's contract and start over from top to bottom.:nod:
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Maybe Matt always let Bill Ford "get by him" when they play football at the Ford Family BBQ.
  6. Darth Tater

Linwood

Love that avatar!
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Matt is here because he is WCF's boy. The old man doesn't get much companionship from Jr. and Matt tells the old man football stories at dinner and lunch every week. Matt is here because he amuses WCF. Nothing more than a high priced playmate. :eyebrows:
  8. Darth Tater

Kind of like a court jester? :tinfoil3:
  9. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

10. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

what makes it even more frustrating is the Ford's could care less that the fans and anyone with half a football IQ wants him gone. I wish no one (not one fan) would show up at the next game.
  11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

here are some more links

http://www.myspace.com/firemillen

this 1 takes you to like 5 fire millen sites and has pics

the game kind of scares me you have to aim for millens nuts i tried aiming at his head and got no points..... thats a shame
  12. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Regarding the march, here's a quote from today's Free Press that just amazes me:

This fool was the very first one to "turn" on his own teammate, and he doesn't even realize that he fanned the flames on this thing. Now he wants a bunch of people who've suffered shamefully for 40 years to show more restraint than he did. I hope Chad Johnson lights up his selfish butt this weekend.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ditto. I hope he does a little river dance on Dre's head as the fans booo.

I'm going to watch TV tomorrow just to see what goes down.
  14. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is the most excited I've been for a Lions game in a long time!
  15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i can't root against dre for being honest and being one of the only guys to back up his words with his play on the field, especially not against a tool like chad johnson who is not nearly as good as he thinks he is
  16. Darth Tater

I don't see that as honest. I see it as being hypocritical and selfish. Hypocritical because it was ok for him to blast Harrington (and he can call that honesty), but when the fans blast HIM and his team it is NOT ok to be honest all of a sudden. HE did a lot more damage than any of us could. I don't care what he does in the game, but I think he is acting like a JERK!
  17. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bly Bly Season

I like Bly as a player - for the most part. He makes some big plays, but he also makes some boneheaded ones. Laterals when he shouldn't, comes out of the end zone when he shouldn't, injures himself celebrating, etc. I don't expect him to be perfect, but sometimes I think he cares more about personal stats, and making sure that he looks good, rather than the good of the team.

A great example of that was last game against GB. On that long TD run by Gado, you could see Bly at the top of the screen getting blocked by a WR from the far left of the screen all the way to the far right of the screen - comall the way out of bounds, without gimaking any effort to counter attack the block.

Had Bly put up even a small amount of effort on that play, it would have forced Gado back inside where there were 3 Lions running after him.

I think Bly just didn't want to look bad on the play, so he allowed himself to be "blocked" right out of the way of the play.

His comments about Harrington were WAY out of line, and just further my point that he is a selfish player. You don't call out your teammates in the media, let alone throw them to the wolves like Bly did. He is not a team player IMO. But he is the perfect example of the kind of attitude that is all too common on this team.

A lack of discipline, a lack of accountability and a lack of respect.
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Lions official Web site

I heard that the Web site might be eliminated. It seems as if the Lions can't put 3 W's together. :laugh:
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

breaking news

Detroit, Michigan (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Macomb County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Detroit Lions, whom the boy firmly believes are not currently capable of beating anyone.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

With respect to "team think", you have to be man enough to speak your mind. If you care at all.