1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Why is Matt Millen still here??

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Hotsauce, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Shouldn't that liberty apply to everyone, including the fans? Or does Bly think it should only apply to certain players like him. Is he also open to criticism from fans who have cared for the team longer than he has been alive?

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You can't hide in this business. Nice non-jackass protest.
    Putting Joel in for that last drive was nice. Maybe he can still be taught to play.

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rob Parker mentioned that his 'peeps' said Millen would resign at the end of the season. Every once in awhile his peeps are right. It would save WCF a boatload of mis-directed money.

5. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

LMAO! Thats great! Did you make that up?

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

No...I think it's been emailed around since last season. Sadly, the Lions provide lots of material for jokes :ohwell:

7. Changes

Just a couple of changes needed...no maybe just some drastic moves. We need to copy the smart teams of the NFL. Green Bay, Dallas, K.C., Seattle, Indy, DENVER. I think we need to not develop our offensive line, but perhaps build it. I am only convinced Damien Woody is good enough to build around. I want us to get offensive lineman. We don't need stars, we just need guys like Denver has, or K.C. Guys that refuse to fail. K.C. is so good on the left side of their line - you know they are going to run to the left, and they do it to you anyway, for a positive gain. So maybe our first pick should be to trade down and get an offensive lineman, and (our two other needs). A dominant defensive lineman that can wreak havoc. Raheem Brock, Robert Mathis on Indy might be available, in a trade. I thought James Hall was our guy, but.... and I thought Kalimba was the guy, and isn't Cory Redding form Texas. These guys would dominate on New England's D. The next position we need, and i hate to use a rookie as an example, is a bad-ass outside linebacker, like a Shawn Merriman. Other examples of where this benefitted other teams are Lawerence Taylor, Derrick Thomas, Junior Seau.
    So to make a long story short, I would like to see us build up the line, get a dominant pass rusher, and get a scary linebacker.(I just don't see Lehman, Bailey, and Davis, and Lewis dominating offenses.)