Why is there so much talk about Chris Kaman to Detroit here?!?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 6, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

I mean,

#1) with Blake Griffin, the clips have two PF's, not two centers. They're gonna try to trade Randolph. If that's impossible...likely, as his contract is enormous...would they even try moving him to center?

#2) What do we have to offer them? They've got a better point guard than Stuckey-Baron, a better shooting guard than Rip-Gordon, a better small forward than Tay-Thornton, better big men than Sheed, Dyess, Amir, Max-Kaman, Randolph.

Do you think they're going to give Kaman away for our 1st round pick and some backups? I sort of doubt it...
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Don't they have 2 C's also in Camby and Kaman? Kaman is highly paid (but not max money) and has played like a dog for the most part.

If the Clippers have all that going for them why was their record so bad?
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You beat me to the punch on this question slo-one....then I remembered that Dunleavy although a vet coach, has skills similar to Curry. Plus only half of the players respected him. If he could relinquish the coaching job to Avery or JVG and just be the GM, Blake Griffin might have a chance to excel, but now he will be saddled with a coach on the decline....
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought Cleveland was going to trade for Zach Randolph, and sign Sheed and resign Lebron James and shoot the moon and and and...
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Clippers remind of a team that just stockpile players, they don't have a plan that's why they end up with either an overage of front court players or an overage of guards. Last year I think that they had a glut of guards.

Donald Sterling is a dummy, that's why it probably wouldn't be hard to get Kaman because that organization don't have a clue.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Plus we have to remember that the Clips had a plethora of injuries last season and with new players in Zach, Baron, Gordon and Camby in the mix, the chemistry never meshed with half of them in street clothes for a third of the season and Dunleavy not knowing how to play and adjust with or without them.