Why Mooch has to go!!!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think Jones is the only legit first round draft pick they have. Roy Williams seems like a poor mans Randy Moss without the production. He takes off plays and doesn't seem interested if the ball is not coming his way. Mike Williams it still is too early to tell about and we already know Joey is terrible and Charles Rogers is a bust in the making.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

W.w.

I think you are coming down a little hard R.Will. Like someone said, he and CRog are a home run threats so why are they running "outs". He should be running "ups" like Moss.
    ...Carolina at Ford Field. Panthers OFF. avg. 303yd.p.g., points 25 per, 5th best, Panther Dee 30th, sacks 5 (30th) Could Joey be able to throw?
    Lions 17, Panthers 20, heartbreaker:doh:
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You mean heartbreaker for the Panthers because they were embarrassed to only win by 3, right?:laugh:

The lions know what's coming.
  4. Winless Wonders

Roy Williams is starting to piss me off because he acts like a big baby. He keeps running his mouth in the media instead of just playing. He is still beefing with KJ when KJ has apologized twice already about the incident on the sidelines. What more does he want?? How can Roy bad mouth anyone when he is not consistent hiimself? Shouldn't you hold yourself to a higher standard than everyone else?
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

W.w.w.

Now you're getting to the nitty-gritty. He knows he wasn't on the same page with Joey on that int. Maybe he's just frustrated with Mooches or Tollners dull offense. Maybe Pollard would like to yap for getting hung out to dry. I say we coddle RWill, at least for now.:attention
  6. Darth Tater

Roy should be mad at himself instead of ticked off at KJ. Kevin wanted to win bad enough that he was paying attention in the huddle. Is that asking too much? I would think he had a right to expect that of Roy too. I guess Roy would just rather his teammates accept that kind of junk and continue losing because of stupid mistakes.

Yeah, he needs to just make up for it on the field instead of griping.
  7. Winless Wonders

This is why MOOCH must go!! The in fighting and the confusion should not be happening on a pro team. I heard that Millen came to practice last week and was yelling at a receiver for dropping a pass. Shouldn't Mooch be doing the yelling?? I also am sick of the way he treats Joey Harrington. He is seting him up to fail by not backing him and undermining Joey. Why should the team respect Joey or play for him when the coach doesn't respect him? Now don't get me wrong i have my issues with Joey but be fair and give the guy a chance and if your not going to do that then bench him and put Garcia in and see how far you get with him.

In my opinion bringing in Garcia was another dumb move. The guy is washed up and is too old to be effective he is not the future he only has a year maybe two left tops. Millen should have not listened to MOOCH and went out and got a guy with something left in the tank with some upside like Billy Voleck or Kitna.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

joey

I agree with you that Mooch is setting Joey up to fail. I've been saying the same thing to anyone who will listen for 2 years now. I'm not completely sold on him either, but he's the best we have right now (Although I'm sure Mooch would disagree. I guarentee that the only reason Garcia isn't starting right now is because he's injured. If he was healthy, Mooch would have benched Joey after the Bears game).

However I disagree with you about Garcia. I like the pickup of Garcia as a backup to mentor Joey. Jeff isn't the long term answer for us, but he can help to push Joey and help him with the mental aspects of the game. He's a big upgrade over McMahon in that regard.

The Lions tried to get Warner and almost succeded. I'd rather have Warner over Garcia, but Jeff was the next best choice.

Joey is FAR from the only problem on this Lions offense, but he has become the biggest scape goat.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

M & M are going down together! The Last 9 years of the Millen! I like Millen getting after players. But this could undermine Mooch. At This time Garcia was the fair get. No real threat to Joel. Jeffy was gashing Dees with his feet before Mcgee hit him in the throat! Volek aint going anywhere. Someone offered a 1 & 2 and they said no. If they went after Warner, with this system, he falls on his face too. If Ford wanted Joel then we wait until its over. For better or for worse.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ok a 20 to 21 heartbreaker. The secondary is improveing as they have Picks in the last three games. They are subject to the deep ball, burned the last two games. Max Protect and bombs. Scott Mitchell, E. Kramer or Batch coulda beat Carolina.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Not with that blocking scheme.

Read what Killer has to say today about the offensive woes
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/112954383643290.xml&coll=1

And Drew Sharp has a column basically backing up what JammerTime and I have been saying. Mooch undermined JoJo, so he's the one on the hottest seat.
    http://www.freep.com/sports/lions/drew17e_20051017.htm

Let's face it, Joeys under contract. Even if he loses his job to Garcia this year, if Garcia doesn't play well, he and Mooch will be swept out at season's end, and JoJo just might get a chance with the new coach.

Coaches turn over easier than players. Particularly when the "offensive" coach cannot build an offense in 3 years and has been handed every piece of talent available.
  12. jammertime

damn lions

Where was the defense's accountability on the final drive when a 75-year-old Chris Weinke came off the bench with three years of rust, and effectively moved the Panthers in the end zone for the winning score?

HAHAHAHA! A 75 year old Chris Weinke!

The D is still very seceptible to giving up the big play and they still can't put teams away on either side of the ball. The D wants to be considered one of the best in the league, and although I don't think they're that far away, they have to get better in both of those areas to be mentioned along side the elite defences.

With the way the offence is playing, the D has to play perfect football to even have a chance of winning. The D feels totally betrayed by the offence. You know things aren't going to be all roses when your D outscores your O 14-6.

Even though they gave up the 80 yard TD and let the 75 year old Chris Weinke beat them, those were really the only 2 mistakes they made all game. I don't blame the D for this loss at all.

I do think Joey Harrington is an NFL caliber QB, but I don't think he'll ever reach his potential in Detroit. A change of scenery would do him wonders. However, given his contract, that's easier said than done.

I agree with Micro. It's much easier to change a coach than to change a bunch of players. This scheme doesn't fit our talents.

Flip said it best recently, that a coach has to adapt to his players, not the other way around. You have to play to your strengths and the Lions coaches aren't doing that.
  13. Winless Wonders

Mooch is not going anywhere. He will get a 5 year extention next week.:doh:
    He will blame everything on Harrington and injuries. :frusty:

Mooch is the loser.:nod: This mess is ultimately his fault along with Millen. It was Millen's vision that the great Mooch and his crappy offense was so great. It was Millen who put this terrible offensive line together and drafted 3 WR's with number 1 picks. It is Mooch that refuses to realize that this sytem is terrible. No one else runs the WCO in the league. All of the other teams have tweaked there systems to a modfied WCO which allows deeper pass routes. Mooch is the only guy who is living in the 1980's with a system that is outdated and predictable. Millen is the guy that put the talent together that is not equiped for the short passing game.

I just wish someone would just throw out the play book and go 4WR send everyone ddep and line KJ in the backfield and let him run. This would open up so many passing lanes as well as make running the ball easy. A team could not pack 8 or 9 in the box for long if you were send guy's deep every play. When you got guy's running 3 yard and 5 yard routes it is so easy to stack the guy's in the box and stop the run.:confused: How can Joey hit anyone when the blitz is coming if the line lets them come untouched and there is no seperation because the guy's are running 3 yard routes.? This is the freaking NFL if you can't cover a 3 yard route then you don't deserve to be there.
  14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Wow, Lions football sucks. :(
  15. Darth Tater

I was laughing when I saw that, and then I thought about it after a minute and realized it's a distinct possibility. :frusty::faint2:
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Woody has a lot of nerve talking when they blitz from the other side and he's not blocking anyone so he takes the play off. Joey gets sacked by a blitzer. Fat ass, move to the other side of the pocket.
  17. jammertime

Teams have been blitzing from all over, taking advantage of Kelly Butler from the right, Backus from the left and Riola up the middle. If Woody were to move to the other side of the pocket to pick up a blitzer (which is completely unrealistic) he would leave his own man free to hit Joey.

Woody is the only guy on this line that has been holding his own. He's also a former pro bowler and super bowl champion.

The Lions need more proven, talented guys like Woody speaking up. Guys like Pollard and Garcia are good character guys. Guys that the young players will listen to. Joey is trying, but he has to produce on the field to earn the respect of his teammates.

We need a guy like Favre quarterbacking this team. There are just too many young guys on this offence. Favre would not only get in their faces, but would have the respect and best efforts from each of them.
  18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I have to agree with the blocking scheme Farve would get in their faces.......From his hospital bed after getting his keester blown out.Until this O-line starts blocking better together ain't no qb or rb doin a dam thing.
  19. Darth Tater

lol :sick: <------ any Lions QB

I do think Joey is through in Detroit though. I guess 2 quarterback deals just went down. Rattay from S.F. to Tampa (Griese is out for the year), and A.J. Feely went to San Diego. I think Detroit should have traded Joey. Maybe there were no takers. lol.
  20. Winless Wonders

As soon as Garcia went down a trade should have been made to get a vet to take over as backup. This is why Mooch has to go. Why play games with the media? We all know who really runs this crap.

Mooch: Walks into Millen's office. Hey, Matt I want to make a QB change. I know I have come in your office every week for the last 2 years asking can I replace Joey but I will like to try again.

Millen: You are a pest. I told you what the deal is Mooch are you just plain stupid??

Mooch: Well yes I am as a matter of fact.:doh:

Millen: Okay you know the drill I will get back with you on Wed.

Mooch: Lowers his head and leaves the office mumbling obsenities.

Millen: Picks up the phone and makes a call. "Hello is Mr. Ford in today. The Secretary responds yes he is please hold.

WCF: Hello Matt how are you? What do you want you know I don't
    like it when people interupt me counting my money. Now I have start all
    over!!!!

Millen: Sir, Mooch is having a cow. He wants to bench Joey.

WCF: What?? Tell that toad under no such terms will my boy be benched!!!

Millen: But Sir?? Have you seen the games? He is terrible.

WCF: Nonsense Matt. He is doing a fine job. I haven't seen a game since 1979 and I don't need to start now. I know that what's his face is doing great. Mooch just needs to just relax. Does he want to do another Ford commercial? That will take his mind off of everything. I need a pitch man for our new Fusion. Anyway about that kid oh yeah Joey, I was just counting the jersey revenue money yesterday. That kid brings in big bucks out west in Duck country and the stadium is sold out every week. He is like my second son Matt. Have you noticed his boyish good looks??

MIllen: Sighs. I guess that is a No then. I will inform Mooch.

WCF: You do that. Now let me get back to counting my money. I have a plane to catch in an hour. Jr. and I are going to Florida to do some golfing. Oh, and Matt don't bother me again with this foolishness.

Millen: Sighs. Yes Sir.
    WCF: I can't hear you.
    Millen: YES SIR. MR. FORD SIR!!!!!!

Millen: Calls Mooch
    Mooch: Hello Matt

Millen: Well I tried but you know what the answer is. By the way he asked if you were interested in doing another commercial??
    Mooch: Matt this is serious!!I am in danger of losing this team and I may get fired.

Millen: Fired??? I don't know the meaning of that word. Mooch like
    Mr. Ford told me you need to relax buddy. As long as Joey is raking in the loot and the stadium is filled up ever week you and I have nothing to worry about.

Mooch: Okay. Well I guess I need to run out and get a haircut for
    my new commerical. I will talk to you later.

Millen: Alright then. Oh and Mooch. If you need me to come to practice again and yell at a couple of guy's for you all you have to do is call.

Mooch: Alright Matt. I may need you to yell at Shaun Rogers. That guy scares me. I could have swore that he said he said he was going to pour hot sauce on me and eat me.

Millen: You must have got a ride home with Charles again. I told you to stop car pooling with him. That is my job. Now don't bother call me again I am going to be in Pennsylvania the rest of the week.

Mooch: Okay Boss. He hangs up the phone and begins to beat his head into the desk:frusty: