Why Mooch has to go!!!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL!!! That was clever! :laugh:

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You block somebody

Ok maybe I came down hard on Woody for yakking. But a vet O'lineman has to know where the protection is needed. During the Bear game BrUrl came through the Woody - Butler slot 3 times and drilled Joel 3 times!
    Not Woodys fault, he was engaged. But Carolina sent 2 guys through the Backus-Demull slot and creamed Joel. Woody wasn't engaged.
    ...When the oline lets the QB get creamed, that's their way of saying "good night sweet Prince!"

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Unless the lineman is pulling for a run or screen, they aren't responsible for someone else's lane. They have their own lane and their own responsibilities, unless the coverage and scheme specifically calls for a double team or chip on a specific defender.

If a guy gets through on the other side of the line there isn't too much they can do about it, engaged or not. As soon as Woody leaves his position, guess what, now instead of having a hole on the left, there's a hole on the right. Not to mention the fact that by the time he gets over there, the defensive player already has the QB eating turf.

Our backs and TE's have to do a better job of blitz pickups as well.

Trust me, I'm as frustrated with this offence as anybody, but in this case, I don't think Woody is the problem.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good points. Then the problem is Joel. He should have seen the 2 blitzers[delayed] shooting the gap and shifted over to Woody. And on our next dee series we should have done the same thing to them. However KK took care of that when he speared the sliding Deloumme.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I previously called him Rain Mooch, but lately I have been running with Macho Mariachi. Here is my attempt at some art.

[​IMG]

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Could be his next occupation...?

Either that or mopping the paint at the Breslin Center...

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

An embroidered suit, very stylish.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Apparently Mooch will be fired tomorrow as reported by Drew Sharp in ESPN.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like his plan of benching Joey in favour of Garcia today backfired.

Mooch shot his only goat.

10. Darth Tater

I heard the same thing. According to Sharp, Millen should go because he drafted players that were talented but didn't fit the system. Mooch should be fired because he is ultra conservative and tried to use that type of system on personnel it wouldn't work for (i.e. trying to run the ball all the time and not utilizing his wide receivers strengths, etc.

Makes sense to me. Too bad Millen won't be fired too.

11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Mooch

I like the guy, but not as the Lions coach. I didn't like him as the SF coach either when I lived in Norcal. I think Mooch would make a very nice college coach for someone. I've never thought he was pro material. I think he would be a good Lord of the Living Room (with recruits) and his NFL experience would be able to draw recruits. I would almost say I'd love to see him take over at UM if he'd learn to have his offense throw the ball downfield. The guys haven't responded to him for whatever reason. He's only ONE of the problems though.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't know if you can pin that Falcon loss on Mooch. He's tried to go downfield the last 3 games without much success. When Hall cut in front of RWill and as RWill tripped he should have tackled Hall rather than give up the INT. Mooch could be the next Pete Carrol.

13. Darth Tater

According to Drew Sharp, the players in the locker room told him stuff like "The rest of the season I'm just playing for my personal stats". They've given up on Mooch and his system. So does one blame that on Mooch or the players?

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The last nine days of the Mooch. The bigger they come the harder they fall. When guys started saying Mooch would be fired, I thought, wow you are really desperate grasping at whispers. So i looked around and Mooch was like business as usual. Did he get blindsided?