1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Will Amir Get Traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Odds are improving with each game.

Into his third year and Saunders still refuses to play him.

If you go back and listen to or read interviews with Flip when he comments about Johnson almost all the comments are negative.

I don't think that Davidson wants to get a new coach.

Amir has trade value. Flip wants a heavier guy up front.

I expect that AJ may get traded before the trade deadline for a bigger big.

It ticks me off, but nothing I can do except hope that he gets traded to either the Lakers or Clippers.

:hoops:

2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

If Dumars chooses Flip Saunders over Amir, he should be fired.

3. Oracle

Oracle First Round Draft Pick

I second that!

4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Third!!!!!!!!

5. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

if dumars chose flip ovwe amir then he should be fired

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4th?

With Sheed out today somebody like Amir could have been tossed into the fire to see if he could have altered a shot or two

7. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Nah... just play Dyess for 40 minutes, in a loss in which Flip gets tossed out in the third quarter, thats a WAAY better idea...

Sometimes this coaching staff does not make sense. People say a loss is a loss, but i liked the LA loss a lot better than this one.

8. max

max All-Star

Exactly, as he did in the GS game.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

5th

Joe needs start taking some action. I'm afraid he's spending to much time with Flip Saunders.

10. Chandragupta

Chandragupta First Round Draft Pick

As much as I would like to see Amir get some more playing time, the Bigs in front of him (NAZR, Sheed, MAXY, and Dice) have been playing far to well to take much of their playing time.

I would be more interested in getting more time for Afflalo the way Rip has been playing of late... its ugly to watch.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I would say 6th, but I don't think that it will be necessary. Flip will get tossed before Amir unless he is traded straight up for Kobe or LeBron.

12. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

This has gotten way out of control. Why is it that young guys can't get minutes here?

First it was Mehmet Okur, did anyone know that he made the ALL-STAR IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE?

Then it was Darko Milicic, he's a starting center IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE.

Then it was Carlos Delfino, he's playing starters' minutes in Toronto. He's showing his value as a glue guy there.

Now it's Amir? I wouldn't be surprised all that much if he asks for a trade and ends up as a starter somewhere else.

Detroit is the place where young players come to see their careers put in the garbage disposal only before being lucky enough to have a team trade for them so that they can get on the court elsewhere.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hmm... what if Joe is contemplating taking over the team himself? Then he probably wouldn't even try to dig Saunders out of his hole...

I love throwing out juicy rumors with no factual basis like that!! :pound:

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

NOW THAT IS WHAT I 2nd!!!!!! Guys are screaming for Amir. Man go watch the game again AMIR COULD NOT HAVE HELPED US AGAINST UTAH!!!!! The frontcourt was NOT the problem. For that last couple of games THE FRONTCOURT has not been the problem. People complain that Nazr is slow on rotations, BULL. He shouldn't have to rotate 15feet because the guards can't move their frikkin feet on D and stay in front of their man.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like this post. A little more honest and careful than piling on the Amir bandwagon. Props to you KGREG!!

16. Chandragupta

Chandragupta First Round Draft Pick

I cannot agree more.. Amir is a good defender... in certain situations. He is not going dominate Carlos Boozer... that guy could out muscle him any day.

I love seeing the younger guys play, but the weakness this year has been at the 1 and 2 spots defensively. We need some stronger defense in this position.. and I think playing Afflalo more plus letting Stuckey come back could make an impact for the better. Chauncey is strong and has quick hands, but god is he slow on D.

17. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This looks to be the case. In defense of Rip (the old blood letting on FlipS takes the predictable path toward spontaneous weakening of new temperature levels from the local vampires), the starting season is somewhat out of his normal rhythm: an inactive summer conditioning period, a new addition, sickness and the wanting to force it all at once in coming together. Things will eventually start to balance out for him and the team.

There is a personality learning curve now taking place within the core. A sort of plotting comfort level is obviously being exposed to all and is in need of dire refreshment. It will take time to see if the extraneous tools coming off the bench will add something extra.

AA needs to start and I will spare the membership my reasoning for this. The more serious question might be on who he should replace. The dynamics would change if his insertion would take place over a Tay, Rip or a Dyess. It would also change the dynamics of the bench.

The reason for this needed change would bring...whoops, here I go again...sorry.

18. buddahfan

Its time to play him or trade him.

Yesterday's debacle in the paint calls for some serious action. Yes having Sheed would have helped a great deal, but what if he goes down or gets T'd out come playoff time?

We either need to play Johnson or trade him for someone who Flipper will play and can defend the paint.

Yesterday's defense in the paint was abysmal and that is being kind.

It is a good thing that Okur is having a rotten year or we would have lost by 25 at home.

Its time to play AJ or trade him. After 2 + years of being in Flipper's dog house the guy deserves a chance to play in the NBA. A lot of teams would love to have him and play him.

Maybe we could at least get a serviceable big man who can do more in the paint on defense than watch it dry.

19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

The team as it now stands has holes to fix. The best way is to play the rookies and let the chips fall where they may. Amir will not be traded because Joe is not stupid. Joe will just let him rot on the bench instead, and then maybe, finally pry his butt off and get him some minutes from Flip.

20. buddahfan

I think Joe would think hard if he was offered this guy for AJ.

[​IMG]

Al Horford - Atlanta Hawks - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

MIAMI - NOVEMBER 21: Al Horford #15 of the Atlanta Hawks dunks against the ... - NBA - Yahoo! Sports