1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Will Amir Get Traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Not sure how you can justify calling for Dumars head if Flip doesn't play Amir. I mean we have been one of the best teams in the East for the last 5 or so years. Ever since Dumars came on board, we have been competing. Dumars is human. He is allowed to make mistakes. Dumars isn't on thin ice with me. I'm very pleased with him.

2. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Well, Amir is not the Pistons' savior. He has potential but he is not gonna be that impact player overnight. I'm not saying it's ok not to play him, but to hinge all the Pistons' championship hopes on him would be a crime in itself.

Rip, Rip, Rip. What has happened? I loved to see him roll off screens catch the ball and shoot that midrange jumper. I don't get why he settles for isolations and trying to take his man off the dribble when that is not his strength. 2 chest more often man. You are not AI, you are not Lebron. But even the best defender would have fits if you ran the way you ran when you were playing on LB's team.

6th man? Heck, if he stills runs the isos and post-ups he isn't gonna make a difference.

Chauncey. Chauncey. Chauncey. He seems to try too hard to outperform the other team's PG. Take in example that STUPID 3 point shot in the Utah game. This isn't that NJ game where he heaved that 3 and banked it in. There was 7 on the shot clock if I'm not mistaken. I think he coasts too much, has become arrogant, stuck up. I despise his barrelling down the lane fishing for a foul and ends up just getting the offensive called on him.

Tay, is doing ok IMO. He isn't gonna outperform Chauncey and Rip because of the mentioned transformations in their games. But he is doing his part. Keep the guy. He's my avatar and I'd hate to look for another one.

Sheed I would say is cool, Dice still serviceable. Afflalo and Stuckey would be great in this team. JMax is a good player but not great. He will be a vital piece but not that AllStar Caliber guy.

FlipM can get spot minutes. Hayes is a good player off the bench. Samb developing and Dupree trade filler. Lindsey coach in the making.

Sorry for ranting. It is not on Amir to resurrect these Pistons. FlipS could get fired, I don't know. Right now Complacency is our greatest concern.

SHAKE IT UP JOE!!!! :nerd2: :stirthepot:

3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Competing for what?

The Eastern Conference Finals?

Is that good enough for you? Because we sure as heck haven't competed for a championship since three years ago.

This year the team is "competing" for the Central Division Title. That's a step back. If this team is going to take a step back, it is up to the front office to make every effort possible to plan for the future in which another championship can be realized and it's possibility is more than just the roll of the dice.

This starts with developing talent. This starts with the head of the organization following through on promises he has repeatedly made to the fans of this team.

If he's too wishy-washy to follow through with his tough talk, then he'll lose more than fan respect, he'll lose the respect of his employees. When that happens he's gotta go.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Dumars used to be know for his bold moves...trade Stack, fire RC, trade for Sheed. Maybe he has become fat and complacent? I'd like to see some bold moves. Make a commitment to play the young guys..if that means getting rid of the coach then that's what needs to be done.

5. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

A lot of people will take risks when they are promoted into a new position, but once they become successful they will tend to get conservative and lose that edge.

Has Joe D. lost his edge?

Has he become satisfied with just being competitive on most nights and not willing to take the risks necessary to win another title?

Stay tuned.

:hoops:

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dumars has a boss too.

7. buddahfan

Comfort level between boss and subordinate and how well they like each other often dictates the actions by the subordinate. When you work for someone who likes you, you have a different mindset then when you are new and trying to impress your boss. Your boss also has a different mindset. People get comfortable with one another, even in dysfunctional relationships, not that I am suggesting the relationship between Joe D. and Mr. D. is dysfunctional, and as a result they tend to take less risks that might upset that comfort zone. Bosses tend to accept a lower level of performance even sometimes a mediocre level of performance from a subordinate if the two have a good relationship.

Often it is more important how well you get along on the golf course with your boss then it is how you perform in the office. Workplaces are loaded with thousands of mediocre and basically incompetent executives who keep their jobs for years primarily because they get along with their bosses. After all, life is firstly about relationships among people.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This year's struggle may be just competing for the 4th seed. if we can contunue to struggle we could find ourselves 3rd in the central behind dare I say the Cavs and Bucks and opening the first round of the playoffs on the road....:sssh:

9. buddahfan

While it is always fun and interesting to speculate on what will be, especially in the wonderful world of athletics, I think that it is way too early to speculate on where we will will be seated in the playoffs.

1. We don't know if Hot Rod will have any impact
    2. We don't know if AJ will play more than garbage minutes this year and if he does what his impact if any will be if he does get some decent minutes..
    3. We don't know if we will make a significant trade.

Of course injuries are the great unknown but only a real risk taker, like yours truly would speculate on a teams fortune based upon the possibility of injuries that haven't occurred; i..e, Boston. LOL

I don't like the looks of our team right now visa via some of the other top teams in the East, to say nothing of the West. I don't like it that Hot Rod and AJ have not played or played very few minutes but I am not willing to throw the towel in after 13 games.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think i have a better chance of getting signed to a contract with the pistons than amir being traded.

11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I think you offered the best retort with the underlined passage of your post.

We are obviously dealing with a group on the sidelines and in the front office that has exhibited a resistance to change over the past few years, come hell or high water.

At this point it isn't too much of a stretch to look at the team as it is comprised currently and assume that, barring the spectacular, this is what Flip Saunders will be counting on in May.

I don't like crossing my fingers and hoping for the spectacular. I also don't feel too comfortable counting on Flipper to give these youngsters the tools needed to be successful when and if they do get extended minutes on the floor.

He can't even do this for Tayshaun, why would he do it for Stuckey, Afflalo, or Amir?

All I know is managements win now excuse loses more and more steam the closer we get to the .500 mark. Without changing the current dynamic of the team, the Pistons really are the 4th best team in the Central Division.

12. buddahfan

I definitely hear where you are coming from.

13. Buckeyes#1

We have been one of the elite teams in the league for the past five years. It's because of Dumars. Not inspite of him. That's ridiculous to be talking about throwing him under the bus over Amir's playing time. Seriously. Dumars MADE the Pistons. If that's not good enough for you, then you are the one who is unreasonable. Dumars has won as a player twice and as a GM. He knows what he is doing inspite what you may think. If my choice is to trust Dumars judgment or yours, Dumars wins hands down. Sorry to disappoint you. And in one more week, we will see another gem enter the game. Stuckey. Who do you think is accumulating all this talent? It's because he knows what he is doing. He knows what it takes to win and he knows how to win. Talk of throwing this guy under the bus is absolutely asinine.

14. buddahfan

What do you think of Koufos as a player?

15. Buckeyes#1

I think he would look great in a Pistons uniform!!!!!