1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Will Blalock

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jun 29, 2006.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

himat
    no, it doesn't- just because it's always the same talk, as I wrote. It makes no difference for me but I always hope to get surprised by late picks.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, the draft results talk is merely two days old. At least let the rookies smoke a few cigarettes, get a few traffic violations, have their dunks blocked by the rims, or complain about Detroit being their worst nightmare before we kick them to the curb.

Seems to me others were able to do that (at a hefty salary due to their high draft status) for several years before we finally tired of their act.

Now do you get the point?

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's better getting surprised by late picks than getting surprised by early ones.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You're lying. Doesn't the pick seem better to you because the guy did very good in college. If we got a guy who just did good enough I wouldn't have liked the pick as much as of RIGHT NOW.

5. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

RealGM's Detroit Pistons' Draft Grade's a . . . Well, screw RealGM. C+ :frusty:

Better point guards on the board? I know a good player when I see one. I just have the feel for that type of thing. This was an absolute STEAL. STEAL. I watched this guy all year. He's crazy. He'll have so much time to refine his shot without studying for sociology. STEAL. He has heart. A poor man's Dee Brown, but his potential is out of this world. He won't do much this year, or the next . . A steal, I tell you.

P.S. - I hardly think RealGM a valid source. Look at this. They rate D-Wade and LeBron (LeBron as a guard) above Kobe, whom they refer to as the best guard in the league. "May be the best guard in the east . . " <---- Dwyane Wade . . . and then they go to say Kobe's the best guard in the league, no doubt. Morons. >_> I know they may be referencing to fantasy league value, but . . still. Even that doesn't make sense. :doh:

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

For the position we were in we couldn't of done much better. Who cares what others think?

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly. Joe got a guy that many predicted to be long gone by the time we picked.

To get a guy like that with the last pick in the draft, like you said, we couldn't do much better. I don't think any of us had any grand delusions of an immediate impact player with the 60th pick.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Blalock sounds like an athletic Arroyo with defense.
    If you were ever gonna give up a 1st rounder this was the year... IMO there will be a lot of GM's wishing they didn't waste cap on these guys.... at least they can get out in a couple years now...
    Watch in two years from now there will be several players available that have been developed at someone elses expense... like our beloved DMC (btw DMC stands for Dumb Management Choice)

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats what I thought. If Chauncey, Rip, and the rest of the guys can get his jumper better we could see him backing up CB. We have to see what he does in VSL first though.

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

You must be referring to how we never played him.

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

nobody can be compared to arroyo, no matter how many 'ifs' and 'buts' you use. he's one of a kind.

i say put this kid in the D-league as starting point if possible along with amir. j-max should be on our bench and get some minutes. acker should be traded/waived. not hitting on his game, but we have enough 2's.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

We do? Rip, Delfino..... uhhhh.... Delk is probably gone (too short to be a SG anyways), Mo is already gone... I don't see who I'm missing.

13. webz

well lindsey and delk. assume nothing until they actually leave. of course if both do leave acker could fit as a combo but i just don't see him getting time and being a significant bench performer. there has been no sign of it from all the comments i've read. he has become a ghost.

14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

As of right now they aren't on the team. You're assuming they're coming back.

And I would argue that those 2 aren't even SGs. Tony is borderline, but he can't guard 2s. I think not grooming him as our PG last year really hurt us in the playoffs. Lindsey can guard 2s, but playing him as the 2 in an offense without a superstar is asking for failure.

15. webz

you're right. i think what i was thinking of is we don't have any real PG's, so I just lumped everyone who's not into the same basket, and called them "2's". i just haven't seen or heard enough good things about acker to see him play a significant role whether lindsey and delk come back or not.

yes i assumed, my bad.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I think we have enough PF's and we need some C's.

17. webz

are we the next knicks? too many SG-types and too many PF's??