Will/can Billups step up?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

CB has received that big payday he always wanted. Or, maybe not. Billups probably wanted more money than he signed for with the Pistons, however, his agents` phone wasn`t ringing off the hook with offers during the offseason.

Did he feel slighted by the non-offers? Or did he understand it was just business? We have already heard that Mr. Big Shot is bored with the preseason; so, can we expect him to bring it for the entire regular season?

With the injury to Stuckey to start the season CB will be called upon to lead the Pistons and log heavy minutes. I am convinced of the heavy minutes until Flip proves otherwise.

Will Billups lead this team as he should and earn his big salary? Or will he be bored halfway through the season then have a terrible postseason?

I guess what I am trying to determine is: what Chauncey Billups will we see this year? The Finals MVP and All Star? Or the average PG who has a few great games?
  2. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

all billups have to do is lead this team he will get his rest and help once stuckey gets back.but until then he might have to play alot in november cause i not convince flip murray can run an offense
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Here is a fact for you. When Chauncey has not been named an all star he has been a great regular season PG, but average playoff PG. The time he was not picked he was the best PG in the playoffs and he won the Finals MVP. Chauncey does not need to put up huge numbers. He has to be a leader and step up in crunch time. I like the Chauncey who hits big shots and gets looked over with average stats than the "All star" Chauncey who gets big numbers and burns out.
  4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Finals MVP, All Star and great games will not necessarily against each other, just MHO, it's up to Flip Sr.
  5. doublead

doublead First Round Draft Pick

he should have another great season
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I'm not sure how we're defining "great" here. :stirthepot:
  7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Finals MVP

:cheerlie-GOAL::p_welldone:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CB has to realize that he being the captain and the breadwinner:), that he is the head of household and has to lead by example. That means making the right decisions, directing traffic and shooting the wide open three when necessary and not when all of your teamates are tralling behind you. The one improvement needed for him is learning to run the fast break better. If he can average 18.5 pts and 10 dimes in 31 mins of play I would be satisfied. :thumb[1]:
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You guys are right-on but if he does decide to slash he must finish better. He gets knocked off his shot too much.
  10. Nemo

All of this looks good in your post. My wife likes to ask, "why did Chauncey shoot that". I still have no answer for her............:frusty:
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hey Nemo, at least it keeps her from judging your questionable decisions! ;)
  12. Nemo

Not really. She gets around to judging my decision making skills as well.:)