Will Curry fold?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hitafreethrow, Apr 3, 2009.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That would be one sure way for a coach to lose his team. Oh wait. Nevermind.

I think all the SGs have a quick friendly paper-scissors-stone tournament before the game to decide who will start.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

if it were true..approximately 60 games of failed experiment...

oh, and you can't get your place to starters via threat. AI is not Putin's Russia.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He better start folding the clothes first. His wife is not happy about him thinking he is not part of the family all of a sudden since the season started.
  5. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

"You can go into the playoffs very sharp because you have to play sharp basketball to get into the playoffs."

- Michael Curry, coach of the Detroit Pistons

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I get excited about the team then i realize he still coaches it.

Games that should be easy wins and 10+ leads turn into dogfights.

He needs to fold and retire young (like now).
  7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think Curry will resigned after the last game of the season. He will not let his friend Joe fire him. We will have a new coach next year. Take that to a non-defaulting bank.
  8. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Haha, I just laughed so hard at that quote. With each passing day Curry is reminding me more and more of Rod Marinelli.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I really hope you're right. I don't care how it's done... this guy cannot be the head coach of the Pistons next year.
  10. max

max All-Star

When he played here he hung onto that starting small forward spot like a chunk of gold. If thats any indication then he will not go on his own.
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

By dismissing (blaming) AI, Joe has given Curry another year of opportunity. If he stays, this was truly a "friendship" hire.
  12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

In he doesn't fold on his own, I'll make him fold.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anyone with any basketball intelligence could see that the 20+ win drop in victories can be blamed ultimately on one person and that is Micheal Curry. if he had any BB IQ, even he would notice it and resign at the end of the season himself. Unfortunately, pro coaches never retire...they wait to be fired or the GM makes some back room excuse of why they are not returning.

I watched the Spurs-Cavs game today, and the Spurs appear to have the same issues as the Pistons...age. The diffference is "coaching" Pop's experience shows in crunch time games and that is one of the reasons why they are 22 games over .500 and we are 4 games under.

The Spurs have had a couple of injury issues with Ginobli and Brent Barry missing a few games, but not as severed as the Pistons. Still in the end, it was a rookie coach vs the 4 time NBA champion coach so I shouldnt be comparing the two..... :ohwell:
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree. I blame Dumars more than anything. Bringing AI when you already had Rip is what put us here.

Yes an experienced coach would have made it better, but that is part 2.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK I concur there EtSD but in the end, I think I would rather have Dumars around next year than Curry....
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Me too. The more I thought about the AI/Rip backcourt today the more I realized you really need the LB PG AI berating coach telling him where his shot is in the offense and where everyone else's is.
  17. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Great point Dre, the Pistons have been lacking the coaching experience to back up with our player exp all year long.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's wishful thinking. He knows he won't get another coaching gig anywhere else. Why forfeit the salary unless he has to?

Then again. This is MC. With him, common sense is uncommon. So, you'll never know.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is the correct answer.
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

There is one wild card out there. It is minor, but might be growing. We are talking about new ownership.

Wilson and Hammond were steady, plus powerful confidence men over MrD. Wilson has a huge downturn in the Davidison Empire to bother about. Hammond has now obtained his own credentials.

JD has taken some quite (whispering only) hits on big picture faux pas. He has some major decisions over the next two years that are indeed tipping points for him.

He can not miss on the following three directions: First, the cap space has to effective and there can be no near misses. FA options are weak and growing weaker with the economy bottom years away.

Second, any changes to the current starters (now actively at three) have to be steered by an experience coach. It must be a strong coach and an equally talented staff. You will have to spend big money on this direction or the organizational strength will weaken on a yearly basis. After two years, you now are spending more time defeating downward linkages, instead of building a core base of stability.

Third, begin to understand and develop the pick from the second direction. What kind of offensive system (defense is a psychological by-product) do you want to put together. Once determined (and you get paid to do this), trades are your only options to leap-frog developmental time frames. Cap space will be your tool for developing a master palette.

I give you my palette mixture (Primary colors): Cadmium Yellow (PG), Cyan Blue (#4) and Alizarin Crimson (#5). It is simple and basic. I don't expect a canvas masterpiece this year, but after this year's disaster, you have within your reach a decent color range.

JD's painted theme question is how to proceed when painting the problem landscape: a red barn standing on the edge of a lake.

Start with the basic directions and the Primary colors (and of course, White).

Should be an interesting painting.

Looking forward to the results.