Will Curry fold?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by hitafreethrow, Apr 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You make a great point pass. The cap space must be handled properly.

I think Joe should swing for the fences, instead of continuing his trend of drafting low multiple times, or spreading mid-level contract space over multiple players. He may as well go all in, and instead of chasing 2 or 3 mediocre players, go after the one that changes the paradigm.

He'll either succeed or fail spectacularly, but the great thing about mistakes, is that they are usually correctable. Not choosing to play big however, limits the upside potential and removes all possibility of something special happening.
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Quaint cottages stand beside the lakes. Red barns stand amidst the fields.
  3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You never learn by using only part of the palette.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Use the whole palette and the painting loses focus.
  5. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

The learning is understanding the meaning of the art. Painters use the palette to express this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tell that to Picasso.
    [​IMG]
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

My goodness...a reaction from the art of flashing color, seamless patterns of movement and the beautiful ballet creation from dots into line. We have transfered the game of hardwood to canvas. This is good.

My key emphasis (in a summary fashion) was this sentence:

JD's painted theme question is how to proceed when painting the problem landscape: a red barn standing on the edge of a lake.

The problem, in the above sentence, is to retreat backward toward basics. The painted object (red barn, etc.) is an object that must concentrate away from a bias vision of comfort levels...toward a certain way of seeing things laterally (end results away from safe completes toward uncomfortable mixtures).

Apparently this stimulates some people differently (artistically).

Let me cheat a-little-bit, and it is always a grateful wink to the masters. This quote is from a master teacher who happen to paint (Olle Nordmark, Complete Course in Oil Painting). It is a reference toward our problem landscape:

It is not necessary to imitate the color band in the spectrum; that would only limit usefulness and range. This palette is intended to help the student acquire a practical understanding of the laws of color, in mixtures, contrast and the two color factors: coldness and warmth. All of which, taken together, comprise the main features of color in painting (pg. 23).
    A dominant in the general color scheme, such as the red in the barn, can be rendered in colorful contrast against the whole of the picture. The violet shadow can also be utilized in the same way, but be sure to avoid the glaring, raw effect. A deliberate accent of a darker or lighter contrasting spot of color can be very effective (pg. 28).
    Each step in painting a picture must look complete in itself. If each stage is carried out with this in mind the progress of the work will be easier to keep under control and the tonality of the painting will not fall apart at a later stage (pg. 29).
    This all means what?

Well, to be fair to me.

Remember those primary colors?

My association was with JD's main options: Cap space, FA and Trades. That is his palette.

The draft components is his white light.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

JD already tried to play "big" bringing in totally unpredicable elements such as MC and AI.

IMO JD is not afraid of risk, during flip era there probably were not good trades for JD taste. CB trade happened when prices went down enough for JD.

I'm inclining more and more to scenario that instead of huge FA signing, JD makes a trade for Tyson Chandler, he after this season has 20+mil for 2 years left. It gives a year to test whether Chandler fits, if he does, it makes easier to sign an extension, or if he does not, well, after a year of testing his contract becomes to very nice trade bait again.

So far all JD risks have been calculated and that sound good GMing for me.