Will Herrmann Become the Next Dupree?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Where did he say that?

Herrmann is an even worse rebounder than Brezec averaging only 6.5 rebounds per 40 minutes in his career.

Lets just throw these these two awful rebounding guys Brezec and Herrmann out there at the 4 and 3 even though they had butt rot not playing for the potential NBA Finalists this year, the Bobcats.

No thanks. I think I will pass, and hope that Flipper has enough sense to pass also.

:hoops:

2. buddahfan

AJ teaching Brezec how to play Pistons style defense. I wonder if he told him that he has to talk when he is on the court.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I gotta say, Tashawn, you got the most consistently entertaining one liners around.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

PISTONS: Welcome Aboard

5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am taking everything Flip says with a grain of salt now. He said many different things, not all of them came to fruition. We'll have to wait and see how everything progresses from here. I don't mind if Herrmann takes minutes from Hayes, especially if he can prove to be more valuable. But I'd hate seeing AJ's not getting the minutes because of the two new guys.

6. max

max All-Star

Personally, I like Hayes and think we got a steal for the Min Exception. But if Herman beats him out then he beats him out. I doubt he could but you never know.

7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's kind of what I'm saying. If he can beat him out - better for Pistons.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I like Hayes too. But I'm curious to see if Herrmann brings an extra element of passion and energy. We could always use more of that b/c it tends to have a ripple effect.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Is this guy going to cut his hair?
    If I was CB I wouldn't pass to him til he cuts it.
    Nothing worse than a guy running around all sweaty with hair in his eyes. like that creep with the Cavs.

10. buddahfan

Kaman cut his hair this year and Maxey just shaved his head, so it seems that there is anti-Sampson movement afoot and actually as been for quite a while in the NBA

The Amirzing One cut his hair shorter this year. I also believe than Big Ben has gone to shorter locks. I don't think C-Bill has not had a hair on his head for I can't remember how long. Love to see those sweat beads coming out of a baller's skull. You know he is working hard.

Of course Mags let his grow for the 2007 season, as a result of the prodding of his wife, and look what kind of year he had.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

JMax shaved his head to support someone close to him who is going through chemo because he said that he can't understand what they are experiencing and just wants to show them that he's thinking of them.

I can't believe Joe got this guy.

12. buddahfan

I think that is great. That is the type of stuff we read about the Pistons players, not getting into nightclub brawls and whatever.

Another feather in the cap of Dr. D.

Heck. If Paul McCartney can get knighted by the Queen then Joe D. can get an honorary doctors degree in commerce. I actually love McCartney's music and he certainly has been very successful but a Knight of the British Empire? I would Knight Mick Jagger before McCartney.

CNN - Beatle McCartney knighted Sir Paul by queen - Mar. 11, 1997

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Joe is always on the money with his mid-late 1st rounders. After Mateen and Rodney "2nd coming of Michael Jordan" White (which btw we can chalk up as early-new on the job-blunders) He's been on it. When Joe doesn't listen to all these dopes (Chad Ford & Tony Ronzone) talking about an 8' KG/AI/Kobe Hybrid playing ball on a hoop floating above the mediterranean sea as said player walks on water practicing their game....he does just fine. When Joe does what he does best, scout, workout, interview and then trusts his gut on draft night we usually end up doing pretty good. Prince, Maxiel, AJ, Amir, Stuckey, AA and real talk.....Alex Acker was a pretty good 2nd rd selection too. Keep Gut Drafting Joe...and please BAN Tony Ronzone from the State of Michigan, and block all incomming calls, e-mails, faxes, letters, singing telegrams....hell ALL COMMUNICATION from that QUACK!!!!

14. buddahfan

Except for Darko, will we ever forget him?, Joe D. has a very good record on drafting guys who stay out of trouble and do a bunch of good community work.

I can't remember any other Pistons player besides Darko, that Dr. D. has traded for or drafted that has gotten into off court trouble, but my memory may be bad on this one.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If you call having tinted windows "trouble." Getting in bar fights beats the heck outta that any day in my book.

16. buddahfan

Fair enough, but hanging out in strip joints and cursing out officials is not exactly what you want your players to do. Sheed says a lot of stuff to officials but I can't remember him ever going off like Darko did this last summer over in Europe.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

jarvis's main probably lately is he looks like he did in preseason mode. he's not getting a lot of touches so instead of posting up, or moving the ball around, he feels that he has to catch-and-shoot no matter what. i don't care how good of a shooter you are, catching and shooting on the run is NOT a quality shot.

when he gets his feet set, lets his shots come in the motion of the offense, and posts up, that's when he shoots 45% from 2 and 41% from 3.

if he's going to do this all year, then by all means give herrmann a shot. either way, i'm pleased with either one backing up tay and are better equipped to handle an injury.

18. buddahfan

Neither one is my preference because neither one gets to the foul line at all, so if the their jumper isn't working they are basically useless on offense which allows the defense to cheat on the other guys on the floor by sagging off of Herrmann and Hayes if they are not hitting their jump shots.

Hayes for his career is about 1.4 FT per 24 minutes
    Herrmann for his career is about 1.0 FT per 17 minutes
    Tay is a little better but not much at 2.5 per almost 33 mpg

Some of the small forwards who get to the line with at a greater rate.

Career stats of Small Forwards Who are best at getting to the FT line
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Lebron 8.4 per 41mpg
    Pierce 8.1 per 37 mpg
    Anthony 7.8 per 36 mpg
    G. Hill 6.8 per 37 mpg
    R. Jefferson 6.0 per 35 mpg
    Kirilenko 5.2 per 32 mpg
    Artest 4.9 per 34 mpg
    Butler 4.3 per per 36 mpg
    J. Howard 3.6 per 31 mpg
    Deng 3.6 per 33 mpg

Sorry if i missed anyone.

All of these guys get to the FT line at least twice as of often as Hayes and Herrmann and even at least 50% more than Tay.

19. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Darko has no off court incidents. His threats against the wives and daughters of certain refs was definitely an on court incident.

BTW, do the initials RW ring a bell?

20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Either way, it was unacceptable.