Will Laimbeer Be Brought In For Toughness for new blood Josh/Stephen Smith, i.e

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 16, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am hoping and praying that Laimbeers retirement may mean a new era in Pistons basketball, an attempt so to speak to bring back that Pistons nastiness and bad boy mentality.

Josh Smith is an athletic monster with a nasty streak but, he needs a tough coach, Stephen Jackson is Nasty but word out of Golden State is that he has emerged as a leader on that team, Artest, we all know about him, we need to gain this edge back with all due haste.

Is the Laimbeer resignation a precursor to what will take place on draft night and on into the free agent market.

It was/is well known that there really wasn't/any identity or leadership with our team last year. We used to know that the Stones would bring it defensively with a ferociousness that was well known throughout the league. I truly believe that because of this, we put the fear in a lot of teams.

Since when did anyone ever predict what Joe was going to do going forward, he always made the deals that made us either go urggg or ahhhh.

I am looking for the same type of surprises in the upcoming few months.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

if any of those 3 PUNKS come to Detroit, I will no longer be a Pistons fan. Book it!

3. armygirl

Skool, you need to stop playing. You are just like me, Detroit native born and bred, we don't die we only multiply. You ain't going nowhere, book that and stop the madness lol.

You know you are my ace boon.

4. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Josh Smith is young so that COULD be his excuse but Artest is a cancer just waiting to spread and S. Jackson is a felon. I don't think I'd want any of them here either.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I agree...that was a scary proposal...:icon_evil:

6. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Artest and Jackson? They're tough players. Especially when they run into the stands and throw haymakers at the fans. Chances of Joe D bringing either of those two to Detroit = 0%.

7. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

How many 6'9" guys can get up with Lebron James going full speed and block his drunk attempt?

Tayshaun Prince is 6'9" but that's not the right answer!

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Tayshaun can match LeBron's dunk attempt with his own duck attempt.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Although, the best way to protect our fans from these guys might ironically be to sign them and get them into a Detroit uniform.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ace Boon? Haven't heard that term used in awhile..AG you are old school LOL. HQ is just trying to show his mellowness as he approaches our age:)

There is not a single person on this forum that is going to abandon the Pistons if any of those three are brought here. To many die hard Pistons fans here to give up just because some perceived bad boy is brought in...we had "bad boys" in the 80's love them then.

We had Sheed the past 5 years and some "loved to hate him". As my wife always says "you can't win them all, you can only hope to" So whomever Joe signs or drafts, I will cheer the team on and hope they grow...now the coaching issue is different and you know my views on that.....:sssh:.

11. armygirl

Thanks Dre for the reality check for those ones who are saying they don't want a thug and reliving the malice at the palace and on and on and on.

Both you and I know Dre, that those same folks who are talking all that shiggity about Jackson, Smith and Artest will be up in the stands rump shaking with a couple of thunder sticks hanging out their rear end whooping, hollering and making merry like christmas if these guys came in and took care of business.

Personally, I like that nastiness, and am sooooooo tired of these current players snotting and acting as though they don't know whether or not they want to come off the breast or drink from the cup.

When the brawl happened, I was all over Artest and Jackson because they came in our house and talked smack, but then reality took over for me and I had to come face to face with what I didn't want to admit at the time; Now all of you folks holler at me if you know where I am coming from. Here goes:

1) 9 times out of 10, what do you wanna bet that the Pistons and pacers players were talking a lot of smack, (remember playing the dozens), at some point when someone get so fired up after talking about their mother, all hell breaks loose. I likened this incident to the palace brawl.

You folks need to just stop, because you are the same ones who called Rasheed a thug, said no to him being on the team because he would be high every night from smokng weed, we dogged Sheed completely out.

When he came to the Pistons, I jumped on that bandwagon so fast that all four wheels fell off and my ass was dragging out the back, and there were several hundred pushing me so they could get on this same wagon, how soon do we forget.

That's why when I hear this crap about no way, no, no, no, no, I say to myself PLUUUUEEEZE, you all need to quit. lol.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As Ed McMahon would say>> hi-yoooo!! :winner_first_h4h::cheers::cheerlie-GOAL::p_welldone:

13. Tha Locstah

Sorry, I would never support signing or trading for a guy who has a tattoo of praying hands holding a gun across his chest. He's a loser like Pacman Jones or any of the other "thugs" who would be in prison right now had it not been for their athletic ability. I find it humerous that you are knocking people for prefering character over anything else. I don't give a s*** if it's the second coming of Jordan, if the guys a criminal I don't want him on the team I call my own. I'd never would want to witness a little Piston fan (kid) saying "I wanna be like Stephen Jackson when I get older". I don't want to sacrifice integrity for a couple of wins.

[​IMG]

14. Tha Locstah

Yeah you're right. Let's suit em up! Hell, if they can help us win who cares about all this?

YouTube - The Malice at the Palace: Where Will Amazing Happen This Year?

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who hasn't fired their gun at a midget with a club hand outside a strip club? There won't be anyone left to play the games if this is the criteria we're using to judge people.

16. armygirl

I just can't believe that you are that naive. Hell have you checked out the tatoos on half the athletes. Have you ever lived or walked down the the streets of "hard knocks"??? If we are judging folks, let me say this, I absolutely hated what Kobe did to that young girl irregardless of the circumstances behind it, however, are you denying that he is one of the greatest players that ever lived. Wilt Chamberlain made a statement against all black women that continues to resonate today, but you can't deny that he was one of the greatest. Kermit Washington knocked Rudy T out cold and almost ended his career, but now he is working in Africa, a humanitarian, folks considered him a thug. When I was younger, I was hell on wheels growing up in Detroit, so was the majority of my family, we were young, dumb and full of you know what, however, today, I am held in the highest regard. Sometimes if you take one of these so-called thugs, you put them in the company of high character people, you may facilitate change.

It is so amazing how some folks are angels who can only sit back and point out others faults. Just because we are not in the limelight doesn't mean our sh.. doesn't stink. It's easy to sit back and type a long diatribe about others tatoos i.e. but who knows, the same person that are judging these athletes can be the second coming of the anti-christ. The mouth can say anything, so lets not get it twisted.

17. armygirl

Well since a large majority of athletes in professional sports are of color I guess this is the new racism. I guess it is true that they all carry switch blades and nines.

18. Tha Locstah

Your statement makes me ill. That this conversation has evolved to even mentioning racism is beyond my comprehension. If you need a reminder of what Ernie is refering to I'll be more than happy to provide it for you.

Pacers' Jackson charged with criminal recklessness - NBA - ESPN

19. Tha Locstah

Where to begin? To answer your first question, no I'm not naive and it seems to me that someone may be if you think every person with a checkered past will turn it around and lead the world in a chorus of "koombiyah". I happen to be from one of the hardest cities in America (not that I would ever brag on that) and I know what "hard knocks" are because I've lived it and witnessed my friends and family deal with their own issues. Nobody's saying to lock the guy up or banish him to a remote island. I simply said I don't want this guy representing my team. He still makes millions in the NBA so someone thinks he's worth it.

To justify signing a guy by pointing out the misdeeds of others is a weak argument. I mean, what does Kobe's situation have to do with his talent on a basketball court? Nobody ever said Jackson wasn't a good baller. To accuse me of anything other than not being a fan of bringing on Stephen Jackson or Ron Artest is crazy. Self rightous? I'm sorry, do you know me? Other than the fact that I'm a Piston fan I don't believe you do. I wasn't ranting about his tattoos I was using that to gain a little insight as to what he glorifies. People don't get the praying hands of Jesus holding a gun tatted on their chest if they're committed to turning their life around. The dude's a thug, however talented and that is my opinion. Sorry if that troubles you.

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I don't know...seems like stephen Jackson has matured some. He's not a total bad apple. He's been named captain and called a consumate teammate by many respectable players.