Will MJ hire LB in Charlotte?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ok MJ is back in the league. Horray!!!!

After witnessing firsthand how he led the Wiz a few years back, I think we know about MJ`s prowess as a leader of an NBA franchise from the management level.

You think he may be looking at LB as a possible coach? I saw Mitch Albom threw it out there in one of his columns.

MJ likes NC guys. I think Charlotte has a pick in the top ten, let`s see if he pulls a Kwame out of this draft.

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh dear. Michael Jordan. I'm really sick to death of him. I never had the thrill of watching him play having only followed the NBA for the last three years. But the hype of The Next MJ managed to burn me out on him retroactively.

Really I dread all the sports news coverage I will have to mute more than anything else. If he hires Larry Brown :frusty: ESPN will cover Charlotte on every SportsCenter!

But if Michael likes UNC guys, he's already got two rookies: Raymond Felton and Sean May. I'm an Illini fan but I'm now over our defeat at their hands in 2005 and I'd like to see them do well in the NBA.

But Michael Jordan and Larry Brown?! How many lives do these cats have? I'm sure Larry Brown has already used up nine of them.

3. max

max All-Star

You should look for some retro games on ESPN classic. Jordan was the real deal. I did not like him but he commanded respect and earned every accolade he got. Intersting the damage the NBA is doing through the media when they compare Wade to Jordan, there really is little comparison at this point. It waters down the accompishments of Jordan. Jordan did not get those kind of calls we saw in the Finals and he played in a era where you could check a guy on the way to the hoop and hard foul him.

Will he hire LB? If he wants to stick his head in that oven then feel free. His only real knock was drafting Kwame Brown which is on the same level as the Darko pick. Jordan basically slashed the Wiz payroll which gave them the ability to rebuild. Overall he did not do that bad of a job in Wash than most think. And he definetly made them a ton of money when he threw on a jersey and sold out every home game.

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My thoughts on Michael Jordan:

As a player: great for the sport, the best player to ever live

As an endorsment figure: great for sales, the most bankable figure ever

As a baseball player: great for ticket sales, not so great for his teammates, crappy player

As a GM/Owner/Coach, etc., clueless

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Actually drafting Kwame was a notch above or below drafting Darko. The first pick ever right out of high school was a HUGE MISTAKE. Hiring Leonard Hamilton as coach was just as bad. Doug Collins didn`t do much better, as a matter of fact it was him and MJ that destroyed the (Kwame Brown) youngsters confidence.

MJ did nothing but sell tickets for the Wiz which went unappreciated by Abe Pollin. MJ did slash the payroll, however, that was not his intention, he was trying to win THEN, not in the future, he had enough time to rebuild and did nothing.

Loved MJ as a player, but he was a terrible GM or whatever his title was with the Wiz, and will be just as bad with Charlotte IMO.

6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Emeka Okafor. Ben S&T. Its not an upgrade but more like cutting yourlosses if BB wants out. MJ might be the guy to bite on that one.

7. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

It wouldn't be quite as good as winning a Championship, but it would do! :nod:

8. max

max All-Star

He is not going to be interacting as much with the players as he did in Wash. That was part of the problem with Kwame. Jordan let his competive nature get the better of the situation. Plus it had to be an akward situation playing with the GM.

Jordan bought the Cats GM job. He is has a financial stake in its success and its not something he can easily leave or get fired from. One good thing going for him is the expectations are not going to be very high.

On Wash. Yes I remember when he thought the Wiz were going to make the playoffs and ended up with one of the worst records. In hindsight his cap slashing did allow them to rebuild. Trading Juan Howard was absolutely huge. Thats the main thing Wash can thank Jordan for.