Will Sheed and Flip get along this season?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Oct 2, 2007.

?

Will Sheed and Flip get along this season?

1. Yes, they will

29.2%
  2. No, they will not

25.0%
  3. Yes, but just as long as things are good

29.2%
  4. Doesn't matter

16.7%
  1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sheed can fake it for a while, but not all season.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

^

Exactly
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

he can fake it all season, its the playoffs...
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

no they won't get along. it's a coach/ player relationship nothing more. if flip grows as a coach then we'll have a chance that sheed will be happy as a player. it's just sheed is a very smart player and as a smart player you still want to feel like your coach knows more than you do.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Sheed has trouble fitting in wherever he goes. It's the nature of the [strike]beast[/strike]... it's the nature of the man. He has talent, but a short fuse.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think if Flip plays Sheed at center all season, things are going to get tough.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

These two are already at odds. It's unlikely that either of them have miraculously changed over this long summer after Cleveland made the Pistons look pathetic and then the Spurs made the Cavs look even more pathetic.

Sheed is Sheed...he calls it like he sees it and won't stand for the status quo. And Flip is Flip...never openly criticizing his players, but never calling his own moves into question. Flip is stagnant.

The two of them can put on happy faces for the media...until the season starts. The first 3-4 game losing streak will let Sheed's cat outta-the-bag again...and Flip will continue to fondle the mouse in his pocket and say 'we just didn't get it done'.

I just don't see the two of them coexisting through the end of the Pistons 08 season...something has to give.
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

The thing is, will/does Sheed respect Flip? I can`t say that he does at this point.

Both are displaying the correct attitude at the moment, however, we will see if the respect issue comes up again.

I disagree that Sheed will explode during a losing streak. He could very well go off during a winning streak!!!
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And that is the beauty of Sheed. :MusicBigGrin:
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I think Sheed lost the little remaining respect he had for Flip in game 6 of the 06 ECF.

Here's an article written a couple days before Ben rode the bench in his last minutes as a Piston:

SportingNews.com - NBA - The Pistons must unite if they want to win

Sheed's doubts about Flip were shared by that team. Sheed & Tay are still here...along with their impressions of Flip to be passed on to the young guys. There's little Flip can do now to gain their respect. It might be a long season.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

Agreed. Unfortunately, I tend to agree with the players. Maybe Flip will see the light.

:pray:
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    You mean the light at the open door?
    :pound:
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel the need to commit the ultimate sin - to change my poll answer - from YES to DOESN'T MATTER. I think the FlipSheed drama is just something to keep the media busy during the long regular season. I think they will get along, but I also think it doesn't really affect the team either way.
  15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I definitely think that they will get along better this year.

Reasons are as follows

1. I am sure Fatima read Sheed the riot act over the summer. "How dare you blow money on senseless technical fouls, when you could spend it on me!!!"

Comment: I think he will take it to heart this year.

2. Sheed had a big problem with Big Ben leaving, not that some others did not last year and still do this year. A lot of his discontent about Big Ben leaving was legitimate. I think he has gone past that, given his weight loss over the summer.

It is my opinion that Sheed vented a lot of his frustration and anger over Big Ben leaving with all the technicals he got last year and with his outbursts toward Flip. I think that Sheed also blamed Flip, rightly or wrongly, for Big Ben bolting to the Bulls with more bills, since Big Ben and Flip had a real power struggle in Flip's first year as a coach.

Also Sheed:

A. Lost a buddy when Big Ben left.
    B. Lost someone who would cover Sheed's butt more than I think we would care to think about. Not that Sheed did not cover Big Ben's butt a lot, but near as much as he had to with Nazr and C-Webb.
    C. had to work a lot harder on defense, as did Tay, in order to compensate for Big Ben's leaving.

However, it is now a new year and Fatima I am sure read him the riot act. I think Sheed is rejuvinated by the fact the JMax and AJ will be picking up some real minutes and that Dyess is now starting. This is evidenced to a great extent by the effort Sheed put in over the summer, I am sure Fatima had a lot to do with this, to lose weight and get in better shape.

I think Sheed is maturing and is focused on bringing it on the court this year.

In my opinion the Sheed and Flip thing is a thing of the past.

I am looking forward to an exciting and immensely successful year on court compliments of the Pistons 2007-08.

:hoops:
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I said "Yes, but as long as things are good." It's not a coincidence that Sheed doesn't explode until the playoffs.