Will Sheed And Iverson Be Back next Season

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by doublead, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Sign Okur!

Man I really wished Chris Paul or Deron Williams really didn't sign those new contracts.

Joe could have offered MAX contract. :(
  2. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I really hope Joe doesn't resign either of them. Sheed got 1 rebound in 40 minutes today against Portland. Holy crap. I could do that.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No, you could not. Trust me. Greg Oden is your great grandfather's grandfather.
  4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I think I want to take back what I said about resigning Sheed. One rebound? That's an Uncle Cliffy type stat.
  5. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

Let's just go totaly small ball and trade Sheed & Acker for Shawn Marion right now.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO the min are catching up to him. I think i read somewhere that the amount of minutes he's avg this season is a # he hasn't averaged since he was 27. That and the brutal practices, and i could see it taking a toll.
  7. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

:beer:CAPSPACE
  8. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

That's going in my sig. lol.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

LMAO! Now that's funny!
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sign Sheed to a 1 year extension with a 10% hike. AI can walk softly into the good night. We're still left with major cap space in 2010, Joe has to get this right to keep us competitive. You've got 3 big dogs hitting the market in 2010, 2 of them will be going to same place a-la Orl w/Hill and McGrady. 1 will be left over, let's hope for the best.
  11. D32008

D32008 Banned - Sent to NBDL

David Lee isn't that good he would be worth signing
  12. D32008

D32008 Banned - Sent to NBDL

David Lee may be better than Maxiell, but not by that much. David Lee is nowhere close to Amir Johnson. After this weekend, all trade Amir clamors should be dispelled.
  13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Bring Sheed back for a year if hes willing to accept a sizable (what that is, if its even a word) cut.

Bring back Iverson by no means. It'll be time to see once and for all if Stuckey can wear the PG shoes.

I think David Lee is better than both Maxiell and Amir, but we need to set our sights higher than that. IMO you gotta go for a BIG big-man
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

David Lee is indeed better than both Maxiel and Amir, but he isn't that good, he may be one of the best garbage men in the league, but garbage men are only effective when surrounded by Stars.
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Originally Posted by 16 Mile [​IMG]
    Sheed is not Ben. Ben lives off of his hops, Sheed is more of a mental player :confused:

I would have settled for sheed mentally jumping and moving around yesterday. I have never seen him so stiff and lifeless. I hope he did not eat too much turkey. It was brutal to watch him attempt to play aldridge.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If we are able to keep Sheed for 3 years, that would be ideal. I think we should be targeting Bosh in FA, and Sheed would be a strong selling point to him. Sheed always lights him up and defends him extremely well, and Bosh is in effect scared of Sheed (really he is!). It's actually quite entertaining and hysterical when TOR fans talk about it. He's also mentioned numerous times how he's one of the best PF's he's played against.

Also Sheed can toughen Bosh up tremendously.

The reason i say Bosh is b/c i think he would 1/ be more likely to come here b/c he doesn't seem to value the glitz that all the other FA's do 2/ TOR is going nowhere 3/ He's what we need. We're kinda set at guard.

The downside would be the qualities that would make Bosh come here (loyal, hardworking, etc) would also be the same ones that might make him stick it out in TOR.