Will the NBA be out to make Lebron a star?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Reve, May 6, 2006.

1. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I am not into conspiracy theories really but I have to wonder if the NBA wants Lebron James to be the next it player so badly that they will be giving him every call in this series. Lets face it when we won the ratings were horrible and they were also bad last year. If Stern wants new people to turn into the NBA playoffs they might be giving Lebron a lot of calls.

I hope not but is anyone else worried about this?

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Actually, I think the Pistons Heat ratings were favourable, and while the per game #s were down against the Spurs, the series going 7 games made the networks and NBA a lot more money.

LBJ is gunna get his calls, but the refs cannot take away made baskets (easily or consistently). The Stones are good enough to blow these guys out in several games of this series. If we learn anything from the Washington series, its that you don't allow the refs to come into play in the late game.

Welcome to the forum!

3. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

I hope you are right because I saw Lebron get some gifts in that Wizards series.

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

They will...

...but it won't matter. Inexperience will be Cleveland's downfall.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If it comes down to Lebron taking 2-5 extra steps...the Pistons deserve to go home and get out the fishing poles. The Cav's are 4 pieces short of a championship team. You can't even make the comparison of MJ vs. the bad boys. Its just not that time yet.

6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was wondering he wasn't whistled for steps when he hit that gamewinner for instance. That's typical for the NBA, if a star makes the right thing, he can take as many steps as he wants- just think of that gamewinner or of the highlight- reel dunks...

7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

LeBron is going to find out what MJ went through in the late 80's when he went up against the Pistons over and over again.

8. max

max All-Star

There is only so much Stern can do. I believe he basically values an honest game and will only go so far in "getting" certain teams calls. People still talk about the Lakers/Sac series from 6 years ago and that was only a few calls at the end of the game.

What Stern probably is upset about from the last Finals are all the Sports writers basically telling people not to watch Pistons/SAS because it was going to be so boring.

Fans are not complete idiots. If Clev gets every call and somehow wins then it may lead to a Congressional investigation and subsequent crimminal fraud charges. And it would be fraud. Taking people money under the guise of an honest game. Did anyone exect to see Baseball players talking to Congress about how Steriod use influenced the game?