Win Now club/ aka Stuckey/Flip

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Oct 6, 2007.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

no. not if you've already joined the run out of gas in the ecf club. as a prerequisite to the "win in preseason" club you also have to be a member of the "develop youth for the playoffs club".

yes. darko asked for a trade.
    yes. delfino asked to be traded several times.
    it wasn't that larry brown had no faith in the youth. it's the fact that larry knew he wasn't in it for the long haul. so he only used players that would get him what he wanted now. he doesn't care about the future like a jerry sloan or popovich.

darko only wanted 7 minutes in his second year. flip probably could have made darko happy with 10 minutes a game. darko never asked for much. you can't develop in practice only. nobody suggested throw all the youth on the floor at once. we are just suggested don't glue them to the bench all year and then wonder why the starters burn out in the playoffs yearly.

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tony Parker, Manu Genobli, and Deron Williams. Maybe their success is more tied to being developed by Pops and Jerry. Maybe they were just better players coming into the league than anyone coming onto the Pistons anytime in the past five years. I'm not sure you can compare Darko or Delfino to any of these guys.

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I guess the only way to find out is to put these players under the tutilage of those coaches. And that's not going to happen, so this comparison can't really be made.

4. bball jay

i'm not comparing darko or delfino to any of those guys. the thing is we didn't need them to be like those guys. even argentina who ginobli is a hero for went to delfino when he had it going. delfino could have been that spark for us off the bench. delfino and darko were bench players for us. darko's contribution for us could have been 3 minutes against duncan and we have another championship. delfino's contribution could have been defending lebron just a tiny bit better defense than tayshaun.

if you doubt these guys. just watch them this year with coaches that believe in them. darko is going to be a beast and delfino will be a glue guy most improved candidate.

5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Well GLORY BEE! Another prediction. Didn't you make that same Darko prediction last year? What about all those dimes Arroyo was gonna deliver to Darko? To hear you tell it, they were a duo to be feared. A duo that other coaches would drool over. How'd that prediction turn out?

I'm gonna nominate you for president of the "False Prophets" Club.

:cold: :pound:

6. bball jay

yes. i made it last year and i'll make it every year. darko is a beast already. the reason i always say he is going to be a beast is because it takes a good coach and good teamates. in fact arroyo should have played more too. b. hill can't coach. that's why he got fired.

it's only a false prophecy if it doesn't come true. i'll nominate you president of the "can't think for themselves club" i've noticed you believe anything the organization says. you repeat the "earn it" line every year yet that never happens. i guess if you repeat "earn it" long enough someone on the pistons will eventually earn a spot. i guess if i repeat darko is going to be a beast enough it will eventually happen.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A beast to reporters?

8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

9. Mad Hatter

Election's over...votes counted. Congrats...you got the job!

If THAT'S all you've noticed you ain't been paying too much attention. As for the "earn it" line; that has nothing to do with the "Piston's line" but EVERYTHING to do with organized ball period.

Maybe you should attend a few high school practices and see how it's done on a relatively elementary level. :hoops:

10. max

max All-Star

I think the one thing great players have in common is the ability to play anywhere. Put them on any team with any style of play and they will find a way to succeed. Excuses are not in their vocabulary.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

The "earn it" mantra isn't just true in organized basketball, but in life in general. Most people have what they have because they earned it. Those who achieved success through favor, family, or influence generally receive the scorn of the vast majority of people who had to earn it.

So far, the only thing your boy has shown is height and hype. When he earns it, I will be impressed. Until then, my respect is reserved for those who work hard, show desire, and bring it every game.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

As someone who has watched every game played by Darko, all I got to add is I love to watch this guy play the game. Awesome. I will be getting league pass again, mostly just to watch Darko play for Memphis. I expect again to be highly entertained by this brilliant basktetball player. You can choose to hate if you wish. What enjoyment does that bring you?

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Actually, Darko earned his new contract, the 2nd highest FA signing this year, by having a very solid series against Detroit in the playoffs.

Now whether he turns out to be the next Austin Croshere or Mehmut Okur is up to him.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Don't forget to mention he was playing on a pretty badly sprained ankle.

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How was Darko's ankle when he threw that tirade?

16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Just an FYI that Delfino was 2-4 and 3-4 in his first two games with the Raps. Building confidence in his shot slowly. Also had 3 and 5 rebounds in those games.

I hope we don't miss him too much this year.

17. Mad Hatter

How about the feeling you get when talking about Nazr? :sssh:

18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

We won't miss him at all this year because his style of play doesn't fit in with ours and if he was still here he would still be stinking it up.

He will do a lot better playing for a Toronto which has half of its players with European basketball experience.

Good luck to him.

:hoops:

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

He can't play the game. I don't say a thing negative about him as a person. I am sure he is a great guy. But a basketball player he ain't. No hate at all, just stating things as I see them.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He fooled Joe. That ain't easy to do.