Win or Lose?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Stun, Mar 12, 2010.

?

Win or Lose?

1. Win

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Lose

19 vote(s)
    63.3%
  1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That would solve the "too many shooting guards" problem. :stirthepot:
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

LOSE.

It's really bad to say it and to SEE your team lose every night.

But let's face it, we won't be MUCH different next year if we DON'T get a 1 to 6° draft pick
  3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

My competitive nature won't allow me to lose intentionally. I just can't do it. If I'm bad enough to lose so much that I get the best draft pick so be it. But, I'm going to lose legitimately by being bad...not trying to doctor the ping pong balls.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are a good person.
  5. monrams99

monrams99 First Round Draft Pick

hope we dont draft another darco!!!!
  6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

That's long term tanking. :pound:
  7. max

max All-Star

That my theory, but they apparently are going to lose anyway. Better find a good player with that top 6 pick - whatever it may be.

Maybe something will change but I just do not see any quick fixes. Maybe at least 2 years from being a contender and that is assuming Dumars learns how to draft in the top 10. Have to wait until some of these bad contracts come off the books and that he does not make things even worse.
  8. Pwn Toney

lol..I'm workin on it.

I understand the whole tanking thing..but if management chooses to field an extremely poor roster to facilitate that end, that's on them.

However, I do expect coaches and players to put forth 100% for their part (I'm lookin at you Sean Elliott)
  9. Pwn Toney

Well, with the likely change of ownership, I think that is all up in the air. We can't assume any of the logical choices to return to prominence will be made based on the potential change.

Team value, contracts on the books, and location will all be major factors in what roster moves get made in the near future and should a change be made, I wouldn't expect anything positive in the way of changes/team competitiveness for some time. I think the new owner will probably want to bring in his own group of people to run the team. That in itself will require a few seasons for the new management team to get their heads around running the franchise. Then you couple that with the roster moves the new management team will want to make to reshape the organization in their mold and you have a recipe for several years of bad basketball while things stabilize.

I know that's a pretty pessimistic view of the transition, but we've seen teams change ownership and rarely does it result in a winning product right off the bat.
  10. Bender

Bender First Round Draft Pick

I really hate seeing them lose, but hopefully it will benefit in the end. I think that it is still pretty tough to swallow that they suck, and are just a shadow of what used to be. I know that it has been said before, but I hope that the losing hasn't or won't diminish team values and chemistry. Is there anyone in the top 6 that is a legit starter come next season? Is there anyone in the top 6 that has strong leadership skills? Is there anyone in the top 6 that will make this team better? If not, then we better brace ourselves for another year of stinking up the gym. With new guys no less! I just hope the contract dumps and possible trades wont yield another CV, or worse! But to keep things the same and expect different results is well you know! SO, I guess my answer is to lose.:ohwell:
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

NBA Power Rankings: Which Teams are Pushing and Which Ones are Tanking? | Bleacher Report

Even the Bleacher bums agree that we are the 5th worst team...and all we have done lately is lose......
  12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I dig what you're saying here Low.

I'm not talking about Q telling his players to go out and throw up a bunch of AOTGs on purpose or play Kwame at PG. By "tanking" I guess I'm saying that rather than rolling Tay out there for 40 mpg and watching Rip put up 25 shots; I'd like to see some of the rooks get a chance to go out and learn from their mistakes and maybe develop a little bit. Anybody who's not part of "the future" should ride the pine for as long as it takes for dudes like A-Daye, Summers, JJ, Stuck, etc. to get some solid minutes to grow on.

Hell, Joe shoulda prolly bought out Chucky two months ago and replaced him with a series of ten-day contracts (true PGs) until he found one worth keeping.

I'm a life-long Pistons' fan and the team doesn't owe me any more victories this season. What they do owe me is maximizing their opportunity to improve the team for the future - even if it costs them possible wins in the present.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Better be careful, BDL. There are some people out there that think we can still make the playoffs if we use that lineup...
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Use that lineup, dump everybody else and then use the money you save to give 5,000 free tickets to each home game. Back to profitability baby!
  15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really don't think this team has to make an effort to lose.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

exactly!
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

But how does that fit in with the "Win Now" group from 3-4 years back.
    [lose now is winning]
  18. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With the NBA strike looming in the horizon, we may have the time in the world to develop players

During that time Villenueva can learn to play defense, Daye can bulk up, Gordon can find his range and Kuester can find a clue.
  19. max

max All-Star

I forgot about that. Yes there may be a strike as too many teams are losing money under the current agreement.
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe...or in a more realistic sense:

Well, I lay underneath a royal throne
    The gaudy paint was peeling
    Half an inch deep and twice as cheap
    Oh give me something to believe in

Lyrics, Ian Hunter